Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?



Moderators: metalmariachi, PumpkinPieces

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 am

hbombgraphics wrote:I am now learning that by tearing out all the original electronics I have killed the value and some of the mojo, but I have no intention of selling it.


Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you.
deals go well: sanfordandsonny, TheRiffer, Zounds Perspex, John Lyons, proroby, Atarimatt, jrmy, sylnau, insubordination, stripes, agoldoor, SpaceFlunky, succor, excane, MeSoFuzzy, HorseyBoy, behndy, neonblack, the ryan summit, rustywire, JoeTheStache, benjuro
0
#allisbutter
PumpkinPieces wrote:If having two muffs is wrong, I don't want to be right.

rfurtkamp wrote:I don't even care what it does, if there's Doge, I'd step on it.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 13502
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 am

It's only negatively impacted me once:
I had a deal fall through to swap it for a monster laney head that had some mod work done, because the dude wanted the original pickups

but now I am glad I kept it.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:01 am

The only LPish guitar I've ever owned was an '80s Korean copy with built-in effects.

The intonation was horrible and the pickups looked like humbuckers, but were actually single coils. With those built-in effects, who cares?
deals go well: sanfordandsonny, TheRiffer, Zounds Perspex, John Lyons, proroby, Atarimatt, jrmy, sylnau, insubordination, stripes, agoldoor, SpaceFlunky, succor, excane, MeSoFuzzy, HorseyBoy, behndy, neonblack, the ryan summit, rustywire, JoeTheStache, benjuro
0
#allisbutter
PumpkinPieces wrote:If having two muffs is wrong, I don't want to be right.

rfurtkamp wrote:I don't even care what it does, if there's Doge, I'd step on it.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 13502
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 am

The univox is my first LP style and I love it- of course it is a bolt on neck and has very small frets so it fits me better than a normal gibson style guitar

Built in effects rule!!!!

I did get an Epi Dot Deluxe last year and that is all I am playing this week because it works with all the tunes I am doing.
(for the sake of this thread the Epi stays in tune very well given the nutty weather in the northeast)
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 am

hbombgraphics wrote:Built in effects rule!!!!


Yeah, the built-in effects were the best part. You could get some crazy sounds outta that thing. A friend liked it even more than I did. So, I sold it to him.
deals go well: sanfordandsonny, TheRiffer, Zounds Perspex, John Lyons, proroby, Atarimatt, jrmy, sylnau, insubordination, stripes, agoldoor, SpaceFlunky, succor, excane, MeSoFuzzy, HorseyBoy, behndy, neonblack, the ryan summit, rustywire, JoeTheStache, benjuro
0
#allisbutter
PumpkinPieces wrote:If having two muffs is wrong, I don't want to be right.

rfurtkamp wrote:I don't even care what it does, if there's Doge, I'd step on it.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 13502
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby goroth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Grover tuners, and like Dubkitty says, proper slots in the saddles and the nut.
Grovers are super cheap and rule. I've had em on one of my guitars for 15 years now, and for 8 of those years it was my only guitar and they feel like they're brand new.
theavondon wrote:Then again, might just drop all my money on fuzz because fuck it.

Gear demos
The pedal board
And how the board is wired up
Gear photos and band updates
The band
goroth

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:52 pm

greigoroth wrote:Grover tuners, and like Dubkitty says, proper slots in the saddles and the nut.
Grovers are super cheap and rule. I've had em on one of my guitars for 15 years now, and for 8 of those years it was my only guitar and they feel like they're brand new.



agreed: I have grovers on my Epi Dot and it has been locked in pretty well through a very humid week and nightly playing.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby Achtane » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Rubbing some graphite or a in the nut slots can be a big help. In my experience anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
behndy wrote:TOOB FENDER SVT OR YOU'RE AN IDIOT

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11029
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Silent Line

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby Moustache_Bash » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 pm

What's your avatar from, Achtane?
Moustache_Bash

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby CBA » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 pm

I forgot that this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... =395568511


Image



comes with Grover tuners. But I do kinda prefer the sunburst and I'm not a fan of gold hardware.

HMMMMMMMMMM.

C
CBA

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: Guitar of yours that stays in tune the best (ever)?

Postby goroth » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 am

Grover tuners..

Image

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
theavondon wrote:Then again, might just drop all my money on fuzz because fuck it.

Gear demos
The pedal board
And how the board is wired up
Gear photos and band updates
The band
goroth

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash

Previous

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.