Fuzz Huger Question



Moderator: Tom Dalton

Fuzz Huger Question

Postby JuJo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 am

I have been looking at some demos of the fuzz huger, and its looks pretty mean. I was wondering, does the huger clean up at all? Either by volume knob or by the fuzz control? Everything I've heard is pretty full-on. I'm not talking Algal Bloom clean either, I have an AB for that. I'm just wondering if you can get some decent lower gain sounds out of it. I like the tone control on it and it's definitely huge, if it can be dialed down to do cleaner fuzz sounds I think it's a definite sell.
JuJo

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby CBA » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 am

Shit... I had the proto for a week and never once turned the volume on my guitar down! :animal:



C
CBA

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby JuJo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

I guess that about says it all. :thumb:
Well, I`ve got hugeness covered for now. I`ll have one one day, just not today.
JuJo

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby sonidero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 pm

I just checked and NO... No clean really, just Big Huge Fuzz...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"

goroth wrote:it's all woolly and undefined.

tuffteef wrote:turnt up hella faded
sonidero

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 9060
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: South Austin

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby futuresailors » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 pm

You're looking for something less huge and with a sweet tone control?

Mayhaps the magic meter is the droid you're looking for.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.


fuck you.


McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7295
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby JuJo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm

futuresailors wrote:You're looking for something less huge and with a sweet tone control?

Mayhaps the magic meter is the droid you're looking for.


'tis on the way :yay:

and a very good suggestion i might add
JuJo

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby futuresailors » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:25 pm

JuJo wrote:
futuresailors wrote:You're looking for something less huge and with a sweet tone control?

Mayhaps the magic meter is the droid you're looking for.


'tis on the way :yay:

and a very good suggestion i might add

:thumb: :thumb:
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.


fuck you.


McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7295
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby sonidero » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 pm

I've been playing just the Huger with my Telebari this week and am loving it all over... So glad I have two... Been getting all kinds of heavy through the Peavey Basic 60...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"

goroth wrote:it's all woolly and undefined.

tuffteef wrote:turnt up hella faded
sonidero

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 9060
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: South Austin

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby Tom Dalton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm

I've created lots of confusion with the Great Wall and Huger. I'm gonna try to clear it up (and will probably make it worse).
From The Book of FuzzHugger 1, Verses 3-6: "And the Great Wall begat the Huger, and the Huger begat the Great Wall RBT."


Most (pre-Huger) Great Walls had a lower gain mode and a Gain reducing knob. They cleaned up a bit better. So much so that I decided it wasn't really reflecting the Great Wall thing.

The Huger was a revision of the Great Wall (different clipping, new tone circuit) that focused on being big...it didn't clean up as well...rolling back on your Vol knob makes notes fade-in a bit, if I remember.

There are very few Hugers out there. The Great Wall RBT replaced the Huger.

The Great Wall RBT builds on the Huger, which built on the original Great Wall.
The RBT has the Huger's tone circuit, but little-to-no volume drop when you toggle the tone circuit on. It adds a mids toggle to the tone circuit, keeps most of the Huger's clipping, and adds more bass than ever.
Tom Dalton

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fuzz Huger Question

Postby sonidero » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:I've created lots of confusion with the Great Wall and Huger. I'm gonna try to clear it up (and will probably make it worse).
From The Book of FuzzHugger 1, Verses 3-6: "And the Great Wall begat the Huger, and the Huger begat the Great Wall RBT."


hahahahahha...

I got a 3 knob heartben and the Spector w toggle plus 2 Hugers but I guess I need the RBT now... I saw the Purple one... :cool:
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"

goroth wrote:it's all woolly and undefined.

tuffteef wrote:turnt up hella faded
sonidero

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 9060
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: South Austin


Return to FuzzHugger(fx)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.