· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Damn. Sick rig. I've got the same Traynor YBA-1. Used to have the same Laney head too, till some low life motherfucing scumbag broke in and stole it.

I so need an ES335 in my life. I wasn't in love with the Tokai copy I had for a short while. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't feel anything like my old gibbo. Pickups, general mystical mojo, who knows :idk:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:53 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:do you have basement moisture issues?

I set up in my basement but use milk crates to get amps off the ground and run a dehumidifier.

My old bandmates and I had to do something similar when we lived together because our house was right next to the river. It was to be expected that the river would overflow its banks AT LEAST once a year. And as if that wasn't bad enough our water heater broke down one time too and damn near flooded the entire basement. The joys of being young and living in shitty punx houses. :lol: :cry: :lol:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:50 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:do you have basement moisture issues?

I set up in my basement but use milk crates to get amps off the ground and run a dehumidifier.


Not really. We run a dehumidifier as the previous owners did and we don’t know any better.

The pallets are a precautionary measure. Last year, maybe 2 months after we bought the house, we had a pretty nasty sewage leak in the basement. Previous owner had told me so many times “oh I clean the septic filters myself, it’s so easy, blah blah” - turns out he’d been either been doing it wrong or was lying shit bag. Thankfully nothing was ruined and none of my gear was even touched, but when I local hardware store was giving away pallets I filled up the trunk of the Subaru, made multiple trips.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 pm

frigid midget wrote:Damn. Sick rig. I've got the same Traynor YBA-1. Used to have the same Laney head too, till some low life motherfucing scumbag broke in and stole it.

I so need an ES335 in my life. I wasn't in love with the Tokai copy I had for a short while. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't feel anything like my old gibbo. Pickups, general mystical mojo, who knows :idk:


I heart Traynor. Saw Big Brave playing with one of the 212 Twin-style combos last week, now i’m obv GAS’ing for one. Thankfully the prices have gone up somewhat - now that I’m spitting distance from MTL, I’d be buying them all up otherwise.

The Laney was a steal. Was missing knobs and the back panel (still is) and needed some work on one of the inputs, but for short money I couldn’t complain. When I need a quick pick me up, strap on the SG and go for Waiting Room.

And the 335 - it’s for sale. :hello:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:37 am

Image

Here's a not-very-clear shot of my little stash in the corner.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Image

On its way

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:47 pm

doommeow wrote:
frigid midget wrote:Damn. Sick rig. I've got the same Traynor YBA-1. Used to have the same Laney head too, till some low life motherfucing scumbag broke in and stole it.

I so need an ES335 in my life. I wasn't in love with the Tokai copy I had for a short while. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't feel anything like my old gibbo. Pickups, general mystical mojo, who knows :idk:


I heart Traynor. Saw Big Brave playing with one of the 212 Twin-style combos last week, now i’m obv GAS’ing for one. Thankfully the prices have gone up somewhat - now that I’m spitting distance from MTL, I’d be buying them all up otherwise.

The Laney was a steal. Was missing knobs and the back panel (still is) and needed some work on one of the inputs, but for short money I couldn’t complain. When I need a quick pick me up, strap on the SG and go for Waiting Room.

And the 335 - it’s for sale. :hello:


Thanks for the sneeky spam ;p

Too bad I'm in Europe though. Not that I could afford it in the first place :/

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 am

Since I've always played more bass, I've never had a proper amp for guitar/keys before. This ought to do me just fine
Image

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:20 pm

holy shit, we're neighbors! AND awesome amp! I have a hd130-210

Correction... You've never had an amp an entire band can play through before.

Last edited by imJonWain on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Image

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Image

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:53 pm

So tempted to trade/sell my JMP for a science amplifier.

But fuck man, its a JMP.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:13 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Image


That's a sweet rig! Whats the cab loaded with?

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:30 pm

uh, and don't forget how you got it! That alone is a sign you can never sell that amp! I'm gonna keep my Sundown till i die just cause the whole situation of getting it was so bizarre.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:54 pm

2x12 with the Redback speakers - Alex said they had a little more EQ wiggle room for bright guitars and that's mostly what I have.
If I don't like them, I'm thinking of getting a pair of the warmer Hi-Tone speakers they use in some of their Hiwatt clones.
Post a reply