DRAUME

Moderator: Pladask

Re: DRAUME

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:34 pm

elefontpress wrote:Hats off to you Knut! Got mine today and – early verdict, but i think this just kicked the Mood off my board. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHOnfAAHxlm ... gjmlcfd08u

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm a little bummed that there was no bird on my box but otherwise I'm happy.
The am/fm seem cleaner with the clock turned down, which I like. Or maybe the tone knob is working better for me on the new one?
I agree that the Grain setting is pretty different from v1. In v1, the grains felt more distinct, more like something from Particle or Bakfram. On v2 the grains are maybe rounder in attack and decay, more like some of the things I use Fabrikat for.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby elefontpress » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:27 am

Just read through Blood_mountain ‘s review and 100% to all of that. I’ll also add that the signal to noise is greatly improved. Weird and creative clock-oriented pedals like these will always have some noise (and for this style of Lo fi ambience it kind of suits it). The LPF really is the secret weapon, here, especially with low clock rates where the only very high freq content is likely hiss.

Side note: this is partly why I’m selling my mood. The low clock rates get unusable as anything other than a gimmick due to super high noise. An LPF on the mood would fix that, as Draume proves out.

Back to the Lo fi vibe thing: I’m loving using Draume in contrast with the Meris Mercury7. The M7 is pristine and wildly hi fi. The Draume in contrast can get pretty hi fi at high clock settings with all the parameters turned off but ... what’s the point of that? It really shines when you play with the clock rate, mod, and texture for dark, warbly, murky drones. It’s a welcome addition to my sonic palette on the other side of the spectrum from Meris’ pristine offerings.
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:01 pm

I’ll be posting some Draume clips on my Instagram today if anyone wants to check out how it sounds (healthy dose of Fabrikat in there too) - @Audio_semaphore
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:34 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I'm a little bummed that there was no bird on my box but otherwise I'm happy.

Feeling a little guilty about this. I've drawn so many birds and other things these last few years and feel I've hit some kind of mental saturation point where I just can't do it any more. Will try to have the cardboard illustrated some other way and find another way to add a little bit of personal touch. :)*
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Pladask wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:I'm a little bummed that there was no bird on my box but otherwise I'm happy.

Feeling a little guilty about this. I've drawn so many birds and other things these last few years and feel I've hit some kind of mental saturation point where I just can't do it any more. Will try to have the cardboard illustrated some other way and find another way to add a little bit of personal touch. :)*

wait wut...no more drawings Image
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:23 am

Pladask wrote:

Yeah, I was always surprised you kept doing it and they were all different. No need to feel guilty. :group:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Finally...a successful Draume drop for me. :joy: :omg: :!!!:

Ofcourse, now that I'll have the full lineup...I come to realize that I loaned out my Fabrikat until the end of the year :facepalm:

Super excited to finally try this one out.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 pm

cosmicevan wrote:Finally...a successful Draume drop for me. :joy: :omg: :!!!:

Ofcourse, now that I'll have the full lineup...I come to realize that I loaned out my Fabrikat until the end of the year :facepalm:

Super excited to finally try this one out.

Nice one. It soooooo good.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 pm

no picture on the box :cry:

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:46 pm

cosmicevan wrote:no picture on the box :cry:

You know what tho? Mine didn’t come with a picture on the box either and it somehow still sounds amazing! ;)
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:38 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:no picture on the box :cry:

You know what tho? Mine didn’t come with a picture on the box either and it somehow still sounds amazing! ;)

braggart

:lol:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:56 pm

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful and inspiring pedal...for sure.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:36 pm

If grain mode wasn’t neutered...V2 would likely be perfect. I have yet to hear it in person though, but there’s a demo of V2 and in grain mode I couldn’t even tell if there was anything resembling a “grain mode”...way too smeared out, way too smooth. But maybe it was just the settings used.

Everything else sounded so great though.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Pladask » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:37 am

raj007 wrote:If grain mode wasn’t neutered...V2 would likely be perfect. I have yet to hear it in person though, but there’s a demo of V2 and in grain mode I couldn’t even tell if there was anything resembling a “grain mode”...way too smeared out, way too smooth. But maybe it was just the settings used.

Everything else sounded so great though.

The new grain mode uses recursive smearing of the grains so that they evolve into a drone over time. The time it takes for the grains to smear "completely" is definitely faster than in the v1 (and uses a different method). Also it will depend on the clock setting as that decides the speed of most processes inside the pedal. Hope that's helpful info :)*
Pladask

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk