CYSTECH FILTER DRIVE

Moderator: LaoWiz

Re: CYSTECH FILTER DRIVE

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:14 am

:lol: I don't know how to play any Electric Wizard songs. :idk: :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Watching that demo again and thinking about v2, I like the idea of focusing on those Cystech modes. That bloom is real nice. Dist 4 also seems to be a great setting.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Sun May 02, 2021 1:57 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Watching that demo again and thinking about v2, I like the idea of focusing on those Cystech modes. That bloom is real nice. Dist 4 also seems to be a great setting.

If I can figure out a bunch more Cyst Modes I think it will be super rad. Right now I have 2-3 extra ones but need more. Hopefully later this year!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:10 pm

So will v2 be available in a super limited etched finish? A Cystetch, perhaps?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:31 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:So will v2 be available in a super limited etched finish? A Cystetch, perhaps?

Ha, I like Cystetch! I could probably do one for you but not sure if the graphics with be good to etch as everything is thinner as it's going to be designed to be printed. I just did some etches last weekend but a little bored with that process at the moment. My printer doesn't print thick anymore so I have to print everything twice and the alignment issues are really annoying. Printer is new and printing cartridge is pretty fresh so the whole printing thing is annoying and that's only the beginning part of the process. The rest of the process feels like a hassle now as it's messy, has to be done in so many stages in different areas of my home, and just takes a lot of time. I love the results but since I am bored with the process the idea of having prints done is so much more appealing at the moment. Last year I wanted to do 3 runs of different things and just managed to get the Sinews out. The etching and the polishing for the 1st batch took forever and probably half of the time it just felt like work and it just dragged on and on. So right now the idea of devoting more time to working on circuits and graphics with color that can be printed is more appealing. The etches I did this weekend need to get a quick polish to clean out the etching gunk and then I need to wash them and then dry them and then paint them and then clear coat them and then drill them and then I'm still not done. None of that shit sounds fun right now. A couple of days ago I painted a few boxes, screen printed them yesterday, clear-coated one today and drilled it out and will stuff it tonight and it's done. So we'll see, I am sure I can do a few!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:19 am

I love the etched stuff but I know it's a crazy process. If it's holding up progress, it makes sense to do something else. Your printed designs look great, too!
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:50 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I love the etched stuff but I know it's a crazy process. If it's holding up progress, it makes sense to do something else. Your printed designs look great, too!

Yea with etching I think I am just bored with the process. I etched 4 enclosures a couple of weeks ago and then just scrubbed them up today to prep for some paint and then I gotta sand again and then clearcoat and then drill em. There's just not a good sense of momentum with this process. If I had a dedicated space with a sink and work area just for etching that would make it more streamlined and feel like less of a hassle. But was visiting Matt from Idiotbox's shop last week and his UV prints look incredible in person so can't wait to dig into that some more. I finally figured out how to do some things to prep artwork in Illustrator which is exciting and prepped the new cystech graphics but turns out the enclosure is going to be too small. Was going to do a BB sized box but will go XX size again.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to The Out Sound