BATH SALTS

Moderator: LaoWiz

BATH SALTS

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:38 am

Back in the early days of the pandemic, Champion Leccy started a contest of sorts called the End of Days Fuzz Challenge. Really just an excuse for builders to flex the most disgusting fuzz side of themselves. Luckily it’s an open ended theme as I am just finishing mine now.

Bath Salts is a filtered fuzz or octave down fuzz in parallel with a wet only one repeat fuzz delay that just drags behind the fuzz signal in a drunken fuck shit up kinda of way. Inspiration for the sound of the pedal comes from Austin band USA/Mexico, the song ‘In the Raw’ by Lubricated Goat, and the overall vibe of the Swans album, Cop.

The circuit is a disgusting stew of classic noisemaker circuits from the DIY scene including the Noise Ensemble by Anchovie, the Ugly Face by Tim Escobedo, and the Crash Sync by John Holis. After years of tweaking and trying different things out I’ve finally landed and good to get this out. The main goal was to create a slab of sludge so here we are.

If anyone is interested in getting on the list hit me up here or on instagram. Not sure how much but won’t be too outrageous. Here’s the graphics. The white areas are actually transparent so the black, red and blue will be printed on black enclosures. The white looks kinda cool so thinking about white enclosures too. Probs black though. Will add more info and some clips laters…

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Re: BATH SALTS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 am

:love: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

Chankgeez wrote::love: :snax:

:hug:
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:59 pm

This is amazing.
Based on this image, it would look pretty crazy on a white enclosure.

What's the second footswitch?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is amazing.
Based on this image, it would look pretty crazy on a white enclosure.

What's the second footswitch?

Thank you! These graphics were pretty fun to make once I sat down and got to it. The right foot switch is bypass and the left one just turns on/off the delay. I was going to do a feedback option but didn't care for it with this circuit combo so figured it would be more useful to be able to make it less drone-y by being able to activate the delay when you want to.

I will probably chicken out on doing the print on white. But it really depends on where I do the printing. I did an early test with the colors a little more muted on black gloss. The black gloss looks really great with the fragmenting on the side and would look the same with that little bit of sheen under the laowiz and bath salts font. The only problem I have is that test was done with Tayda and their gloss enclosure scratches easily. But the great thing with Tayda is that there is no minimum and it's such a gnarly pedal it probably doesn't matter if it gets scratched up. I could probably get a more durable finish with Obscura manufacturing but I would need to order a minimum of 25 enclosures and once those are gone another 25 if I want to make more and keep them consistent. Maybe I will do 25 with Obscura and a few white ones.

Here's the tests, the fonts were punched out on these though...

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 pm

What size is the enclosure? I think this might take up the "fucked up fuzz" slot my Dwarfcraft Shiva is currently filling on my board.
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

Pretty cool documentary that is relevant to this pedal.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Return to The Out Sound