31%
Nay
31%
BRIDGE HUMBUCKER ONLY CUZ I WANNA GET LAID KEKW
38%

Total votes : 13

Re: Guitars that has over 9000 coil tap options

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 pm

I’m more a single coil guy but I find humbuckers with coil splitting and series/parallel switching handy with cantankerous fuzzes. Being able to muck about with the impedance you feed the fuzz without switching guitars is nice. Probably helps that I don’t care fuck all about sounding authentically like Strats or LPs or what have you, though.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:31 am

I do quite like splitting the humbucker and getting a single coil out of it.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby qersty » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:12 am

repoman wrote:
goroth wrote:All my guitars have only one pickup. I’ll probably end up with at least one guitar that is just straight to the output jack.
My bass has a p and a j pickup, but I got rid of the tone pot. All treble all the time.

This makes the most sense desu.

I did make an Esquire once that had the "blower switch" where it would be pickup straight to input jack, that was pretty neat.

Should make the most brutal guitar ever that is just pickup to jack, and use the most powerful pickup ever made. I saw some video of a dude that wound a humbucker to like 50k (maybe it was 50k winds) and it made a small amp set really really clean sound like 5 big muffs in a row. I've found a way to make a pickup even more brutal using neodynium magnets in a Halbach array. I wonder if its possible to damage an amp with something like that? :poke:

that magnet this sounds interesting
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:30 am

qersty wrote:
repoman wrote:
goroth wrote:All my guitars have only one pickup. I’ll probably end up with at least one guitar that is just straight to the output jack.
My bass has a p and a j pickup, but I got rid of the tone pot. All treble all the time.

This makes the most sense desu.

I did make an Esquire once that had the "blower switch" where it would be pickup straight to input jack, that was pretty neat.

Should make the most brutal guitar ever that is just pickup to jack, and use the most powerful pickup ever made. I saw some video of a dude that wound a humbucker to like 50k (maybe it was 50k winds) and it made a small amp set really really clean sound like 5 big muffs in a row. I've found a way to make a pickup even more brutal using neodynium magnets in a Halbach array. I wonder if its possible to damage an amp with something like that? :poke:

that magnet this sounds interesting

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... e3f95b70ce
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 am

this has my interest, though it seems like you'd really only be able to install it in a slab guitar of one sort or another (Strat, Tele, JM, SG, Les Paul Junior/Special). i wonder if it's even practical for regular guitar given its size and configuration? would you have to sink it into the body in a huge rout?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby qersty » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:56 am

maybe if you have a guitar like a rickenbacker where the neck is really high up and the pickups are mounted to the body?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass