B.o.S. builds a .. Rando winter build part 2..

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: B.o.S. builds a .. Rando winter build part 2..

Postby adamajah » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Yeah.

ILF needs more glitter!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 pm

I just quit posting stuff I built. There's plenty of glitter ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 pm

You really need to start posting your projects again or you’ll get 4.5 demerits.
Actually, I’m posting to instigate something. Seeing as you like the 4ms stuff... and ring mods... how about building a decked out Triwave Picogenerator?
I believe in you.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:46 pm

Actually, can you make this please? http://prophecysound.com/products/echowave. Credit goes to Whoismarykelly, as I had no idea this existed. It's Triwave Picogenerator with all the mods + a delay. But with a B.o.S. spin, throw that circuit with the 3 cascading delays.

You may go completely mad in the process though :lol:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:31 pm

I agree, wanna see more BetterOffShred projects! I don't support you going insane over like a 22-knob pedal tho, just build whatever you feel like and show it off (if you have time to)
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:16 pm

frodog wrote:I agree, wanna see more BetterOffShred projects! I don't support you going insane over like a 22-knob pedal tho, just build whatever you feel like and show it off (if you have time to)

:lol: Yeah I'm kind of just doing a bit right now. B.o.S. encouraged me to come back to ILF and start posting again, so I'm doing the same for him. Yeah bro, kind of kidding, kind of think you might be interested (you build the swash and the cascaded delay, you're like 2/3 there already). I just really like your style and want to see more.

Actually, per the other thread. A buzz box would be cool :hug:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 am

I tried to build a Triwave Picogenerator in 2002/03. It did not go well. Wrong parts ordered, sloppy wiring, bad times, never even made a sound. Hadn't thought about that for a long time. I basically wanted a box like this to make sounds that I could tweak with knobs and play it that way without keys, essentially a modular synth before I really even knew about modular synths. How the turntables have turned.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:12 pm

codetocontra wrote:I tried to build a Triwave Picogenerator in 2002/03. It did not go well. Wrong parts ordered, sloppy wiring, bad times, never even made a sound. Hadn't thought about that for a long time. I basically wanted a box like this to make sounds that I could tweak with knobs and play it that way without keys, essentially a modular synth before I really even knew about modular synths. How the turntables have turned.

This is possibly the most "codetocontra" post I have ever seen. The formula goes "Doing something pretty niche, and innovative even, at the time. Being humble about it. Calculated change in direction." If you read between the lines, the post reads "wanted to go modular in 2002/03 but didn't until 2018" :lol: :lol: I wish I had your reserve.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm

FS: reserve and self loathing. Taking best offers.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:17 pm

codetocontra wrote:FS: reserve and self loathing. Taking best offers.

I got plenty of the latter already 2 brotha!!! :hug:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:13 pm

I built a Heterodyne peyote space explorer, which lives up to its name and does some oscillators and signal generator action, lots of neat noises, including the heterodyning of the 3 main oscillators. It has a shit load of knobs and switches so I haven't boxed it yet, but I was thinking to put it in a big box with a couple other noise generators and perhaps a blend
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:28 pm

You should do that!!! If you do... I'll stop pestering you!

@codetocontra... I did some digging and apparently a lot of people had trouble with the DIY PCBS back in the day. From what I read, not a lot of people (hobbyists) got it working correctly.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Maybe whatever species that takes over in a billion years after we're gone will excavate my old PCB's remains from the Earth's crust and finish my project. That would be rad.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to DIY Effects