What albums are you looking forward to 2021?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What albums are you looking forward to 2021?

Postby goroth » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:16 am

FUCKING SLAAAAAPPPPPSSSS!

The AOTY vibe is real.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:29 am

huh this is good
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:28 pm

I was going to post in here about the new Cherubs record, which I thought was being released next week, but it's out today, apparently:
https://cherubs.bandcamp.com/album/slo-blo-4-frnz-sxy

Excellent stuff.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:21 am

D.o.S. wrote:I was going to post in here about the new Cherubs record, which I thought was being released next week, but it's out today, apparently:
https://cherubs.bandcamp.com/album/slo-blo-4-frnz-sxy

Excellent stuff.

Oh shit hell yeah
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:54 am

Halfway to Halloween we could really start thinking about our annual top ten lists amirite?
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:47 am

I haven't listened to enough music this year to have a top ten :(
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:46 am

Omg Becky, I could drop like a G-note on all the records and tapes and t-shirts I want to get this year. I'm going to add to this but to start please see below (and I apologize, I haven't read this thread as thoroughly as I normally would so I'm sure there are repeats). Also, since I'm post-gear.. (I've said this before LMAO) I'm getting back into vinyl. A lot of the below are prospects.
1. I pre-ordered the new GROUPER LP.
2. I ordered the BIG | BRAVE and THE BODY collaboration
3. I'm sure I will get the new FULL OF HELL.
4. Kitty Play (a noise label that usually puts out some AMPS FOR CHRIST and BASTARD NOISE stuff) has a whole slew of things that look great. Including some Alice Glass 7 inchers
5. I always want anything SACRED BONES RECORDS puts out. I want the books they're putting out too.
6. I got VOL 2 of Henry Rollins FANATIC reviews (book about music). I really want Jon Olson's book LIFE IS A RIP OFF... but it's out of print and copies are going for $450. Getting the E-book for $5. Lots of reviews.
7. I just discovered this label... everything looks so cool. If anyone knows anything about this label and some of the artists, please send me a PM. https://www.daisrecords.com/
8. Lighten Up Sounds has a SAVAGE YOUNG TATERBUG 7 inch. That will be mine.
9. Crippled Sounds tapes has two tapes on the site now (I've posted this label before).

Let me take the time to say I LOATHE the new layout for storeenvy templates.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

$harkToootth wrote:2. I ordered the BIG | BRAVE and THE BODY collaboration

solid pick
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:16 am

$harkToootth wrote:Omg Becky, I could drop like a G-note on all the records and tapes and t-shirts I want to get this year. I'm going to add to this but to start please see below (and I apologize, I haven't read this thread as thoroughly as I normally would so I'm sure there are repeats). Also, since I'm post-gear.. (I've said this before LMAO) I'm getting back into vinyl. A lot of the below are prospects.
1. I pre-ordered the new GROUPER LP.
2. I ordered the BIG | BRAVE and THE BODY collaboration
3. I'm sure I will get the new FULL OF HELL.
4. Kitty Play (a noise label that usually puts out some AMPS FOR CHRIST and BASTARD NOISE stuff) has a whole slew of things that look great. Including some Alice Glass 7 inchers
5. I always want anything SACRED BONES RECORDS puts out. I want the books they're putting out too.
6. I got VOL 2 of Henry Rollins FANATIC reviews (book about music). I really want Jon Olson's book LIFE IS A RIP OFF... but it's out of print and copies are going for $450. Getting the E-book for $5. Lots of reviews.
7. I just discovered this label... everything looks so cool. If anyone knows anything about this label and some of the artists, please send me a PM. https://www.daisrecords.com/
8. Lighten Up Sounds has a SAVAGE YOUNG TATERBUG 7 inch. That will be mine.
9. Crippled Sounds tapes has two tapes on the site now (I've posted this label before).

Let me take the time to say I LOATHE the new layout for storeenvy templates.

Lots of good stuff (new Full of Hell is their best one yet, I think). Dias records is lit. PM sent.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:44 pm

ibarakishi wrote:solid pick

Worth noting ibarakishi turned me and MY FRIENDS on to BIG | BRAVE. They're excellent live.
D.o.S. wrote:Lots of good stuff (new Full of Hell is their best one yet, I think). Dias records is lit. PM sent.

D.o.S. was indeed kind of to PM. Thanks for the context! I should have deduced you would be a fan because I did see a lot of COIL and affiliate stuff. I just haven't posted here in so long! No questions tbh. Thanks for taking the time. :hug:

The Kitty Play stuff is so cool. I had to be that guy's biggest customer in 2015. We found out he was from a town two over from where I spent the first 30 years of my life!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Dais is a solid label! Tempers, Body of Light, and Youth Code are a few favorites of mine that have had releases on that label. Highly recommend at least checking out anything they put out.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 pm

I bought a lot of records this year but I was without a record player/tape deck for over half the year so a lot hasn’t been properly digested.

My most played record of 2021 is “Lost Themes III” by John Carpenter. I love that spooky shit….
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:37 am

retinal orbita wrote:I bought a lot of records this year but I was without a record player/tape deck for over half the year so a lot hasn’t been properly digested.

My most played record of 2021 is “Lost Themes III” by John Carpenter. I love that spooky shit….

Haven't listened to III yet but enjoyed the previous 2. I got to catch him live in a dismissed fabric in Turin some years ago and was definitely a good gig, specially when they played the og score from The Fog and They Live. :evil:

To me this year has been all about exploring early black metal and thrash, uncovering some gems i didn't know from the pre-hype grunge era ('88-'89), and rediscovering NOFX.
In synthesis: i live in the past and i am becoming what i despised. :erm: :facepalm:
I have mostly listened to old stuff and maybe 10 or 11 records from 2021 so my top 10 would be totally inconsistent.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:58 pm

Is it the 29th of October yet?

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I bought a lot of records this year but I was without a record player/tape deck for over half the year so a lot hasn’t been properly digested.

That's a SACRED BONES release!

I just pre-ordered the new BOY HARSHER LP which is a soundtrack to their short film. Their shirts are always top notch with the graphics so got two of those too. I love BOY HARSHER! I believe good ole Cantremember does too which leads us to...
cantremember wrote:Dais is a solid label! Tempers, Body of Light, and Youth Code are a few favorites of mine that have had releases on that label. Highly recommend at least checking out anything they put out.

Thanks! I know I can always count on your tastes!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music