Loop switcher w/ MIDI

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Loop switcher w/ MIDI

Postby JTurbide » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Looking to potentially buy a loop switcher with MIDI capabilities but I am a bit overwhelmed.

I've seen Gigrig G3 but it is too expensive for me right now, morningstar but I think I'd need two products (a switcher and a midi thing (like ml5 +mc6), disaster area, voodoo lab, one control, boss... So there s a lot of choice.

I basically am looking for maybe 4-8 loops as I don't have too many pedals. I only for now have one midi pedal (alexander quadrant) but I might be getting another one so I'd like to be able to control program changes for at least 2 pedals with midi. Being able to mix stompbox mode and presets mode at the same time (have like some presets and being able to ad a pedal to that preset of 2 pedals for example) would be cool too. Tuner out would be cool but not a must since I have a radial box that can do that that I use to switch between preamps.

Any suggestions? The disater area dpc8-ez and 5 looks nice and the morningstar combo too but I'm not too keen on the having to program on a computer...
:?:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Re: Loop switcher w/ MIDI

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 pm

morningstar stuff is dope. I used to use a Boss ES8 and the morningstar is way better. Computer part isn't too big of a drag...they actually make it really usable.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Thanks, yes morningstar looks great. I really bought too much stuff lately so that project is no longer an option for now but yes I think morningstar would be the way to go
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 pm

I was hesitant, but after my ES-8 shit the bed...I went for it, and it's one of the best moves I've made. I still hate sitting down and programming stuff, but they make it as painless as it can be.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear