What's your fuzz about?!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What's your fuzz about?!

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:36 am

I'm starting this in an effort against NOT-POSTING. Just checking in general. What is your current fuzz love? THE SHIT for me has been running FF set gated and just about where it starts doing that PLLesque trails and ran into my HBE germania44. Super abrasive and noisy with singlecoils. Proper Death-Acid-Fuzz-Marc-Bolan-Crashing sound! (with humbuckers it sounds like what other forums calls noisy)

Another cool sound with the germania is running a super violent compressor before ...kind of a surroget CLANG :cry:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: What's your fuzz about?!

Postby goroth » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 am

Sounds awesome!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 am

i'm in love with the airtrash. it's got a nicely mid-congested sound that pops out of the mix when you switch it on and the fucked up decay really does it for me. i wish it had a little more actual volume on tap but it sounds so so great. gives me a lot of fuzz texture with the guitar's volume knob, which is something i was getting away from but whatever.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chromandre » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am

the filter mode on "animations fuzz" , makes like a downsweeping / pulse wave thing and brutalizes chords
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:i'm in love with the airtrash. it's got a nicely mid-congested sound that pops out of the mix when you switch it on and the fucked up decay really does it for me. i wish it had a little more actual volume on tap but it sounds so so great. gives me a lot of fuzz texture with the guitar's volume knob, which is something i was getting away from but whatever.

the air trash sounds really nice. surprised about the volume thing, i just assumed it was loud cause it's noisier. Maybe try a rangemaster after? :cool:

chromandre wrote:the filter mode on "animations fuzz" , makes like a downsweeping / pulse wave thing and brutalizes chords

dont know what that is, sounds sick
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:19 pm

My entire life is in a storage locker atm but when I finally move and get my shit set up it’s a (boutique clone) HM-2 into a (boutique clone) Hyper Fuzz.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:24 pm

retinal orbita wrote:My entire life is in a storage locker atm but when I finally move and get my shit set up it’s a (boutique clone) HM-2 into a (boutique clone) Hyper Fuzz.

Sounds like a b-bouillabaisse :thumb:
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:30 pm

It oscillates! :zen:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby chromandre » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 pm

qersty wrote:
chromandre wrote:the filter mode on "animations fuzz" , makes like a downsweeping / pulse wave thing and brutalizes chords

listen to this!
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:51 pm

qersty wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:i'm in love with the airtrash. it's got a nicely mid-congested sound that pops out of the mix when you switch it on and the fucked up decay really does it for me. i wish it had a little more actual volume on tap but it sounds so so great. gives me a lot of fuzz texture with the guitar's volume knob, which is something i was getting away from but whatever.

the air trash sounds really nice. surprised about the volume thing, i just assumed it was loud cause it's noisier. Maybe try a rangemaster after? :cool:

i am philosophically opposed to the "fix a pedal with another pedal" mentality!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Right now the thing is all about stacking 2 octavias through the treble/guitar side of my rig through a 4x12 while running a Russian style bmp through the bass side through a 1x18 :thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:34 pm

chromandre wrote:
qersty wrote:

listen to this!

That's just transistors :wha?: sgt i thought it was like a tim escobedo fuzz
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
qersty wrote:

i am philosophically opposed to the "fix a pedal with another pedal" mentality!

I mean it is just as much fixing your amp being too quiet/clean. Hornby Skewes did it with the shatterbox and it wasnt fixing the Zonk machine, It was just adding one more sound (I have no idea where I'm going here)
Blackened Soul wrote:Right now the thing is all about stacking 2 octavias through the treble/guitar side of my rig through a 4x12 while running a Russian style bmp through the bass side through a 1x18 :thumb:

Sooo have you checked out the frequency fucker?
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm

Cos I play metal most of the time I don't use a lot of fuzz. But when I noodle I love the Laowiz Cystech.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Yadig » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:40 pm

I use the Mae maybe a lot. I also run the fuzz on my reverberation machine and echo dream. Three fuzzes are enough to get you sweaty. Now I'm naked and very afraid. Not like the tv show/I'm all alone. But maybe there's cameras?
Yadig

involved
involved

Next

Return to General Gear