The most you ever paid for and/or got for a piece of gear?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The most you ever paid for and/or got for a piece of gea

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 pm

I'm at 2k for the Les Paul High Performance with photon torpedo case. Zero regrets at all - I loved it so much I bought a second that was born a couple weeks later in Arctic White. They both have identical "mods" (Custom poker chips and truss rod covers), one has the pickguard, one doesn't. They play remarkably similarly, but the white one has the Sex Pistols/NY Dolls/Mick Ronson thing down pat and sees MOST of the playing time now.

Wouldn't sell, period - the last things I would out of all my toys.

==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:18 pm

^^ Both of them are beauties. :drool: :drool:

Back when I was in high school, I saw Mick Ronson live when he was in Ian Hunter's band and they opened for BOC. That was one hell of a concert. :excellent:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:49 pm

The joy of that run of HPs is that they have paint jobs not found on Studios in recent memory, have actual MOP inlays, the pickups from the LP Customs, and a factory plek job so setup is absolutely flawless. A ton of little things, like the wider neck (fretboard width - there's space on both E strings to bend outward!) and the Axcess neck joint - make every other LP I've played fall to second place by comparison.

They do jazzbox, they do rawk supreme. They do anything I want, basically.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 am

Things used to top off at about 1k and those were big discussions with massive amounts of savings involved. I busted that glass ceiling a few times on Carl Thompson basses. The first one that I had the chance to get was probably 2500. I sold a bunch of stuff to find that and similarly sold stuff to fund a different Carl Thompson. The most I ever spent on one was $6000 I think...and that was direct from the man himself. I have another on order that I had to put a hefty deposit down for. Outside of those instruments I rarely will go beyond 500 on a purchase but there have been a few isolated expensive things here and there. My most recent was last year getting a Hydrasynth for $1200
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:01 pm

cosmicevan wrote:Things used to top off at about 1k and those were big discussions with massive amounts of savings involved. I busted that glass ceiling a few times on Carl Thompson basses. The first one that I had the chance to get was probably 2500. I sold a bunch of stuff to find that and similarly sold stuff to fund a different Carl Thompson. The most I ever spent on one was $6000 I think...and that was direct from the man himself. I have another on order that I had to put a hefty deposit down for. Outside of those instruments I rarely will go beyond 500 on a purchase but there have been a few isolated expensive things here and there. My most recent was last year getting a Hydrasynth for $1200

6K seems like a deal on Carl Thompson ATM

I just spent right under 1K for my EVH Striped Series Bumble Bee Strat recently - It may be too much guitar but holy shit do I love it. Mother fucker inspires me to star ripping shit up. What I have been playing up until the most recent purchase was my American Jazz Bass - that I picked up for 975.00 - I would consider that a fair deal for much US fenders go for.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Yadig » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:05 pm

500 was my max. I've got three guitars and two amps and a handful of pedals. Most of the pedals I bought used on reverb so I saved maybe thirty percent tops after shipping.
Yadig

involved
involved

Postby goosekevin » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:08 am

$2100 (aud) on my rickenbacker 330. bought it with the money i made from a month long support tour. sometimes have wondered if it was worth the money but i really really love it and thats what matters.
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby repoman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 am

I lusted after a special edition Gretsch Duo Jet double cut that was painted in dark cherry, I finally found one, paid $1800 for it. That was the most I've ever paid for a guitar, it was super super nice...looked amazing, played amazing, sounded amazing. I wound up never really playing it and sold it. :idk: Don't really know why. Haven't been interested in Gretsches since (I had bought like 10 of them before, most of any brand).
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 am

Around 3k on a Gibson LP Standard. It was my first 'real' guitar and I thought more $$$ = better toan. Turned out I don't particularly like humbuckers so that didn't matter, and sold it for like 2,5K a couple of years later.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:37 am

MaxMaps wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:Things used to top off at about 1k and those were big discussions with massive amounts of savings involved. I busted that glass ceiling a few times on Carl Thompson basses. The first one that I had the chance to get was probably 2500. I sold a bunch of stuff to find that and similarly sold stuff to fund a different Carl Thompson. The most I ever spent on one was $6000 I think...and that was direct from the man himself. I have another on order that I had to put a hefty deposit down for. Outside of those instruments I rarely will go beyond 500 on a purchase but there have been a few isolated expensive things here and there. My most recent was last year getting a Hydrasynth for $1200

6K seems like a deal on Carl Thompson ATM

I just spent right under 1K for my EVH Striped Series Bumble Bee Strat recently - It may be too much guitar but holy shit do I love it. Mother fucker inspires me to star ripping shit up. What I have been playing up until the most recent purchase was my American Jazz Bass - that I picked up for 975.00 - I would consider that a fair deal for much US fenders go for.

Out of respect for the man and how he runs his business, I won't talk actual prices, but Carl's brand new stuff is ALWAYS cheaper than what you see on the used market. You pay several thousands extra to not have to wait.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 am

repoman wrote:I lusted after a special edition Gretsch Duo Jet double cut that was painted in dark cherry, I finally found one, paid $1800 for it.

Dream guitar. You should have sold it to me. :mad:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby univalve » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:26 am

Pedal: Moog Delay - 800.- EUR (that hurts but for me it's worth it: my main pedal for recording and Click-synced via MIDI to the DAW, and I can control it via CC from the DAW)
Guitar: Deimel Firestar 2800.- EUR
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear