what should i do pwm fuzz? (now with videos)

Moderator: autopilot

Re: what should i do pwm fuzz? (now with videos)

Postby univalve » Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 am

if you can add an external LFO CV in jack i'm into the big version for sure!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue May 08, 2012 10:42 pm

CV for external lfo or cv to control the lfo?, its doable either way.

Just ordered the vinyl for the normal version, controls: Dry, Range (width), Vol, Int/gate and Tone plus Range expression. I'm thinking of also offering a small version with just vol and range. I'm still thinking on all the features for the big version
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby univalve » Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 am

autopilot wrote:CV for external lfo or cv to control the lfo?, its doable either way.

I meant external LFO. But both is interesting.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Mon May 28, 2012 11:28 pm

sorry for the delay on this. I had some issues with a custom build that is taking all my time, braincells and cool factor, i expect to be in full speed before the weekend
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:16 pm

love it so much, that i might do 3 versions, small (2knobs), medium (5 knobs) and big (8 knobs). The pcb for the small is done, doing some changes on the medium and the big
Attachments
trek p.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Small Version of the Trek, it's been done for a while but other stuff i'm cooking is taking most of the time. Trying to fit the lfo in the 125b case with dry knob and external expression, but an upcoming design :love: is taking over my inspiration and brain cells
Attachments
2012-06-23 10.37.43 (1).jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:29 pm

This looks awesome! Just go ahead and take all my money now :drool:

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:04 am

Here's an overview of the trek, a pulse width fuzz from copilot fx. The signal input used is a vco (voltage controlled oscillator). The second (grey pedal) is a broadcast which is used as lfo source to modulate the range to create the pwm for the trek, you could also use an exp pedal if you want to do it manually or twist the range knob. The controls are volume and range to set the pw, the jack on the side is for external control of the range (disables the knob)

This is the mini version, it includes the expression jack (took me so long because it's with :love: with external control) without it does a nice fuzz, but the awesome is when its modulated.

The small version will cost $100, the 4 knobber (includes a dry knob and sort of gate control for the bassist) will be $150

I'm doing a quick run of them for $85 2knob and $125 4knob, with the option to add a stock broadcast for $95 extra. For those who prefer CV control also the option is available for $20 extra

will do a couple more videos soon
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BrentMpls » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 am

I prefer the LFO option to manual, the triangle LFO sounds really cool. If possible to offer LFO with a manual expression option would be best of course ^_^

I also think a blend would be useful
--

Winter Is Coming
BrentMpls

involved
involved

Postby autopilot » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm

i was thinking of adding the lfo, even i did a pcb for it, it is 8 knobber with the lfo built in, but doing the math for the price and other stuff it was projected to cost around 210-220 (having a footswitch to go from manual to lfo, external sync for tap tempo the lfo and having the expression to do it manual and when its in lfo mode control the rate or the ratio). Dry knob to blend original signal. But i'm having my doubts that at that price point i wont be able to sell 20 units a year.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm

can this be the final version :!!!:
Attachments
IMG_20130214_175143.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 pm

That's beautiful! :love: Those controls look like they'd give it quite a bit of flexibility. Is that an input on the side to control the range using an expression pedal or cv?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm

wfs1234 wrote:That's beautiful! :love: Those controls look like they'd give it quite a bit of flexibility. Is that an input on the side to control the range using an expression pedal or cv?

the input is for input gain, so it can handle guitar, bass (active/passive), synths, vco's, noisemakers or whatever you want. It will take a trs exp pedal (or broadcast with a trs cable), or (0-5v Cv signal) but there's no internal control to set/tune the range. With a trs exp it will sweep the whole range (you could narrow if the exp has the extra knob to fine tune)
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:28 pm

autopilot wrote:
wfs1234 wrote:That's beautiful! :love: Those controls look like they'd give it quite a bit of flexibility. Is that an input on the side to control the range using an expression pedal or cv?

the input is for input gain, so it can handle guitar, bass (active/passive), synths, vco's, noisemakers or whatever you want. It will take a trs exp pedal (or broadcast with a trs cable), or (0-5v Cv signal) but there's no internal control to set/tune the range. With a trs exp it will sweep the whole range (you could narrow if the exp has the extra knob to fine tune)

the tone knob its very handy and can make it more straight/controllable or more intense/harsh
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby m sterling » Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Sounds really cool!!!
m sterling

interested
interested

Previous

Return to Copilot fx