The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:51 am

You heretic! How am I suppose to tell my kids that you don't like IKEA? It's like the gays wanting to marry all over again.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:You heretic! How am I suppose to tell my kids that you don't like IKEA? It's like the gays wanting to marry all over again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:05 am

putting the crap they sell together is the only thing they have going for them though...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:16 am

We went into IKEA recently and were like "This doesn't look good anymore/maybe we're too old" and we went to the junk stores. Heck, I got a solid wood grundig record player/ferrite radio for cheaper than a console stand at ikea. Granted, most furtature stores suck (mattress stores are lame. It's like buying a car).

Now, on the other hand, my house looks like Cost Plus World Market catalog (but I get to pick up beer when my wife goes to get curtains or whatever so it's cool).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Soooo, tore down the old kitchen today. No backing out now.

It was a fucking mess. Luckily no water damage, only patchy work and some questionable solutions.

Going to spend most of yesterday just filling holes and painting. Kitchen gets delivered on Thursday, so hopefully I'll have that set up (build+ fix electrics/pipework) by the end of the weekend. Then I'm putting in new floors on Monday.

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Soooo, tore down the old kitchen today. No backing out now.

Weird plumbing! haha. Is it jumping up? Wouldn't that create an s-trap after the p-trap? That would never fly here. I dunno :lol: I wish my kitchen was delivered (in a way). My project is starting to suck haha.

Good luck man, good start!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Also, I spot an Ikea Ingolf chair.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 pm

We live on the top floor (penthouse baby!), so the water gets pumped into the bathroom from the newly installed system on the ground floor, from where it splits into bathroom and kitchen (yes, Norway's so posh you an drink the water flushing your toilet). Kitchen pipe keeps going up into the roof, travels across the enterance hall and down into the kitchen. The water system is less than 6 months all, and Norway are very serious about water (95% powered by that ish), so it is very up to date.

Let's see some pics of the kitchen project! :joy:

Keen eye, DD! ;)
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:42 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:We live on the top floor (penthouse baby!), so the water gets pumped into the bathroom from the newly installed system on the ground floor, from where it splits into bathroom and kitchen (yes, Norway's so posh you an drink the water flushing your toilet). Kitchen pipe keeps going up into the roof, travels across the enterance hall and down into the kitchen. The water system is less than 6 months all, and Norway are very serious about water (95% powered by that ish), so it is very up to date.

Let's see some pics of the kitchen project! :joy:

Keen eye, DD! ;)

Potable water is potable water, man. haha. Same here. So the water pump is inside your building? That is crazy...don't ever see that here (I don't know about skyscrapers though, but the 5 story buildings and stuff I have worked on). We have pump stations every so often (or wells) and the whole neighborhood runs off the same pressurized lines. LA has a main break weekly now (our infrastructure is 100 years old in some parts). My house gets around 85-90 psi with surges of up to 100-120 psi (I don't know what you guys use in Europe/Norway...bar/kpa/ :idk: ).

I just repiped my whole house in copper because I can get at least 50 years out of it that way, haha. It had a ton of copper/galv electrolysis in it when I moved in. No pex or plastic (but wildlife is more dangerous here to lines than freezing). We are in a super drought and have water rationing. Everything is super low flow and we are only allowed to run our sprinklers for a few minutes 3 times a week. People on wells up where I am from (more north) had no water for a while and had to go buy jugs to use their toilets/wash dishes.

I'll get pics in a bit. Just leveling the cab base now. I am trying to figure how to set my farmhouse sink without having the countertop...kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't think (trying to flush mount).

edit: well, doors are too small....going to have to carry the cabs all the way around the house and I have no friends haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:54 pm

That crazy about the water rationing. You guys are pretty screwed for now, haha. I hope it gets better soon or that they come up with a solution. Copper piping is old school. Keeping it real! :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

It's really not as crazy as it sounds. Mostly affects farmers and city stuff. Like they are replacing grass on city property with cacti...stuff like that. You can get a ticket for water waste (and if you use too much, your rates go up like crazy). Water costs as much as power in LA sometimes.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:09 pm

A message for the next people building a new kitchen here.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:51 pm

New back patio in progress thanks to my father in law. We decided to repaint the trim around the patio, and went with a chankgeez approved colour. I think our front door may well end up lavender as well.

colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Good job, colin! :)* :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 pm

lord galvar wrote:Now, on the other hand, my house looks like Cost Plus World Market catalog (but I get to pick up beer when my wife goes to get curtains or whatever so it's cool).

Haha same here. Just accidentally flipped my house in a year...got a new job nine months after I bought this one, and the commute is too far. I changed every single inch of this place-- every bit of flooring, paint, ceiling, every fixture, outlet and knob. Now someone needs to buy it ASAP so my wife can go nuts at Cost Plus for the new place.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion