The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi, UC and I thought it would be awesome to have a home improvement/house tinkering thread. Post your stuff here. I will get some stuff together and post it when my house is a little less cluttered from my current renovation. Plans, before/after pictures. Cool. Heck, throw in that bedroom that you made into a studio; no need to justify it. Shop pictures welcome too.

edit: We got the Chankgeez seal of approval. Now we need your projects!
Last edited by lordgalvar on Wed May 27, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Re: The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Not quite the same thing, but Deltaphoenix fixed up his garage:

viewtopic.php?f=247&t=41755&hilit=garage
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Awesome. Thanks Chankgeez. We'll keep this one rolling then. I'm about to build a little mini studio in the garage too. I wish I would've taken more pictures of the process though (of all the other stuff I have done).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm

The IKEA catalog is my bitch. But I don't have a place of my own to do all the crazy home stuff I'd love to do.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Wed May 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Theres an IKEA store in Atlanta and its like the promised land in there. Half our house is IKEA. My kid's entire room and half of his toys too.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm

I converted the garage I'm in right now into a one room practice space and recording studio. After I move back to Oakland I'm looking at building a live room in our garage and a vocal booth and isolation room in my bedroom.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed May 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Guitar corner IKEA Tullsta. That happened Monday. And it's been rad. :)*
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 27, 2015 4:23 pm

lordgalvar wrote:edit: We got the Chankgeez seal of approval. Now we need your projects!

I didn't realize I had my own seal of approval. I'd better get my personal team of graphic designers to work on it.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:edit: We got the Chankgeez seal of approval. Now we need your projects!

I didn't realize I had my own seal of approval. I'd better get my personal team of graphic designers to work on it.

Heck yea, man. You have too much information not to have one.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

waltdogg wrote:I converted the garage I'm in right now into a one room practice space and recording studio. After I move back to Oakland I'm looking at building a live room in our garage and a vocal booth and isolation room in my bedroom.

What are you going to/did you use for soundproofing? That freaking sound-proof gypsum board is freaking expensive. A friend showed me some staple on sheets you put between two drywall sheets that supposedly works well. Did you use Roxul or anything?

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Image

Guitar corner IKEA Tullsta. That happened Monday. And it's been rad. :)*

I can't have chairs near my guitar because they become another place to stack pedals.

neonblack wrote:Theres an IKEA store in Atlanta and its like the promised land in there. Half our house is IKEA. My kid's entire room and half of his toys too.

Every flipper and handyman sets up shop in IKEA down in Carson. Place stays busy all the time. I've broken just about everything we got from there.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm

neonblack wrote:Theres an IKEA store in Atlanta and its like the promised land in there. Half our house is IKEA. My kid's entire room and half of his toys too.

I'm planning a trip to that very ikea soon, I wish I could just build shit on my own, but that's time and space I do not posses. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby colin » Wed May 27, 2015 5:42 pm

My wife and I bought our first house six months ago, so we've been keeping pretty busy with house work. We've repainted a few rooms, with plans for more down the road. Lots of little jobs done, like fixing a broken gate on our fence. We had a new roof installed a couple of months ago too.

We've been concentrating largely on the yard for now though, as it was clearly very nice in the past, but had been completely neglected for five or so years. Lots of blackberries pulled out, they were taking over a big chunk of the back yard. We cleared a nice square for a vegetable garden, which is coming along nicely. There are loads of raspberries growing, as well as six blueberry bushes, two plum trees and a grape vine, so we'll have an awesome harvest coming up.

My biggest project was cleaning up the little pond in our yard. I fixed the pump and filter in it and got the waterfall working again. Pumped out the old stagnant water and replaced it, then I bought a bunch of water plants to help keep the algae down. Added some goldfish a while back, and they were doing well so I bought some koi too.

I loved watching the koi swim around, but sadly just this morning I awoke to a noise in the yard and there was a heron at the side of the pond. I chased it off, but too late. The only survivor I've been able to spot so far is a solitary goldfish. So I guess my next project will be building a net to protect the pond before I buy any more koi.

colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Holy shit, colin! That is epic! Nice job!

My problem is... I don't really take pictures of most of the stuff I do around here. At least not "before shots". I will before I start tearing down the kitchen in a months time though!

First off, our appartment was built in the 50's, and has housed one family for all that time. So, most of the appartment looked like shit. And, the whole appartment is small, so taking pictures without a fisheye lense is pretty much impossible.

A loooooot of pics:
NSFW: show
Bathroom:

Before
EEEEEEEEEEEW

During

Met this happy dude while shopping for taps. I looked puzzled, so he asked me what I was sinking about.

Tiles done

All done

Living room.

Before

All of the doors in the appartment were original since the 50s, but they were sooooo fucking ugly. Took forever to sand down and had to get three layers of paint. Pain in the ass.

Doors, all painted, and a look at my sneaky little bookcase. Hides perfectly behind the door out to the hall, so people don't know how much of a nerd I am.

GF's Piano corner. My gear is a little further to the left.

Overview. I plan on painting that back wall grey. Contrast wall thingy. Should be good.

Bonus picture of some Dexter action before we started doing the bathroom. Had to take down 60 year old walls, so we covered up everything so the fine fine dust wouldn't fuck our shit up.

This is the bedroom. It's all done now, but I don't have any pictures of it. Will post later when it's not so messy.

I've also started messing with the terrace (veranda?). They are going to tear them down next year to build new ones, so we're not going all-in with this project.

Here I've simply washed off one wall. Holy shit those walls must never have had a proper cleaning.

I'm going to put in some wooden tiles on the flooe and plant a shitload of plants, but for now it's just a cosy place to have my morning tea and play some tunes on my acoustic at night

I think that's it for now! :hello:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Moving into a new place this weekend. My wife said she wanted me to paint. I'm sure I'll take pictures of whatever happens as well as whatever becomes dirgeland/mancave
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Wed May 27, 2015 7:01 pm

skullservant wrote:Moving into a new place this weekend. My wife said she wanted me to paint. I'm sure I'll take pictures of whatever happens as well as whatever becomes dirgeland/mancave

awesome news, congrats!
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion