Broadband and Bandwidth

Moderator: autopilot

Broadband and Bandwidth

Postby autopilot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Bandwidth - CV Splitter, takes one TRS expression pedal or CV signal source and distribute in 3 independent outs , there are 3 knobs to set the amount in each out, for example you have an expression pedal but only want that the sweep in a certain range, instead of the whole sweep from heel to toe, you can adjust each out using the knob, there are 3 toggles so you can fine tune the range (heel to toe or toe to heel). The extra knob near the exp/cv label if to manually set if nothing is plugged in exp/cv jack, specially for the tabletop tweakers that want to sync. Also the new broadcast (2/14) will have a dedicated out so you can sync a broadband, and have 4 outs instead of one. It will retail for $115.
Attachments
IMG_20140218_160658.jpg
IMG_20140218_160658.jpg (151.04 KiB) Viewed 15416 times
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Broadband and Bandwidth

Postby autopilot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Broadband - Expression Splitter, takes one TRS expression pedal or CV signal source and distribute in 3 independent outs (TRS EXP 50k), there are 3 knobs to set the amount in each out, for example you have an expression pedal but only want that the sweep in a certain range, instead of the whole sweep from heel to toe, you can adjust each out using the knob, there are 3 toggles so you can fine tune the range (heel to toe or toe to heel). The extra knob near the exp/cv label if to manually set if nothing is plugged in exp/cv jack, specially for the tabletop tweakers that want to sync. Also the new broadcast (2/14) will have a dedicated out so you can sync a broadband, and have 4 outs instead of one. It will retail for $115.
Attachments
IMG_20140218_160642.jpg
IMG_20140218_160642.jpg (139.47 KiB) Viewed 15414 times
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 pm

These are cool.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby space6oy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:05 pm

agreed. & totally digging the B&W.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 am

This is great
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mikeyx13 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Do you have the Broadband ready yet? Thinking I need one...
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Postby baremountain » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:02 pm

So what exactly is the difference between the Broadband and the Bandwidth?
I'm looking into this to split CV coming from either an EHX 8-Step Program, the LFO CV out of my Dwarfcraft Happiness, or, less so, an expression pedal (50k). Would either work for all of these purposes, or would one work better than the other?
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:10 pm

the difference is the type of output, the bandwidth will be control voltage (CV) and the broadband a resistance (50k). Both will receive a CV signal or TRS expression pedal (the input needs to be a TRS cable). In your case the Bandwidth since the 8 step and the happyness both are CV, so you will split those, and can set the amount of range going out
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Okay so here's a new question for you. The 8-Step sends CV out 5 V. However, the CV on my Dwarfcraft Happiness accepts only 12V. Obviously this means I have a severely limited bandwidth (no pun intended) & the two devices don't play well together. However, there is an EXP input on the Happiness. Would the Broadband be able to convert the 8-Step Program's CV into an expression signal that it could send to the Happiness?
Hope that all makes sense.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:50 pm

with the broadband it wil take the cv 0-5v from the step program and transfer to exp output (TRS). Another alternative is mod the bandwidth to take 0-5v and send 0-12v, but in the case you want to go 12/0/-12 the Exp will be the best (if is 12/-12 without internal conversion)
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:54 pm

i had done some mods to broadcast, for people with frostwave (0-9v).
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Copilot fx