users!

Moderator: doug deeper

Re: users!

Postby stanimal » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:41 pm

i just happened upon some pictures on the Wilco website (wilcoworld.net) and they posted pics from a show they did in Chicago recently.... there's a great pic of (who i believe to be - he has lost weight) Jeff Tweedy during the sound check looking out at an empty arena and clear as day i can make out what looks to be a Mid Fi pedal on his board (to the right of his foot.... clarinot??)

... i know we've mentioned them here before, but perhaps people fail to realize this guys make great rock music and find ways to make very cool pedals sound quite melodic in their work....

good job Doug, your pedals inspire creativity....
blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby stanimal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am

take a look....
blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby doug deeper » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am

pitch pirate :thumb:
listen to the track bull black nova to hear it in action!
Magick "i" Envelope Controlled Overdrive out now!
<(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)>
doug deeper

committed
committed

Postby stanimal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 pm

YES! that's right! That's the familiar sound I hear on one of the best tracks of the new album..... Thanks for pointing that out doug

stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Superfuzz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:50 pm

I just saw Minus the Bear and Dave Knudson now has a pitch pirate (at least I think it was a PP but it was 100% definitely a Mid-fi pedal).
Superfuzz

involved
involved

Postby stanimal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 am

i like Minus the Bear a lot... how were they live? figures they would have good taste in pedals as well....

stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 pm

http://www.myspace.com/thesoakingquiet - Gangcharger: I know Jeff uses a Glitch Computer.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby Superfuzz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:45 pm

stanimal wrote:i like Minus the Bear a lot... how were they live? figures they would have good taste in pedals as well....

I just typed five different sentences trying to find the right adjective for how good the show was. I give up. I'll just say, they were good! Not only are they insanely tight but their sound guy is a god. Every little nuance that you hear on their records comes through. I think they are using some backing tracks now but only minimally. I can't wait to see them again.
Superfuzz

involved
involved

Postby elbandito » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:19 am

superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ahefferman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Nels Cline definitely uses a Glitch Computer, with a wacky paint job, check it out :http://www.nelscline.com/tech.html. Wilco are far under rated, but enjoy a nice success in Canada, from what I understand, a lot of people from Newfoundland love them, theres a sandwich shop in Toronto, Ont. named after the band and sells Wilco themed sandwiches. It's called Sky Blue Sky. But, I digress. Recently, while picking up a POG from my local music shop I was wearing a Wilco t-shirt and one of the employees said they were one of the few good Canadian bands, unfortunately that is not the case.
ahefferman

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby STOMPBOXSONIC » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 pm

I fondly recall the night Chris from Ghost Box Orchestra became the proud owner of a psych byke fuzz. http://www.myspace.com/ghostboxorchestra
STOMPBOXSONIC

committed
committed

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:54 am

Superfuzz wrote:I just saw Minus the Bear and Dave Knudson now has a pitch pirate (at least I think it was a PP but it was 100% definitely a Mid-fi pedal).

they took my friend on as a keyboard tech when they went on tour. its so hilarious cause he is a drummer. he rings my cell with questions about midi sys and ableton. I could call him back to do some investigating if you like.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Saw a group named Parlour last night. One guitarist has the clarinot
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Companda » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Are they the same Parlour that made 'Googler'? If so, they are awesome.
=---------------------------=
| Dr. Bloo Ghosterson |
=---------------------------=
Companda

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 pm

I dunno. I hadn't heard them before. They are signed to temporary residence
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS