hey duders.

tried to google, zilch.

what mA does the RRR require/draw?
pewtershmit

interested
interested

Re: current draw of RRR

Postby Ryan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:26 am

It needs a solid 50ishmA at 9VDC, double that at 18VDC, but I'll warn you that it doesn't love sharing power supplies, if you're adding up a daisy chain. You could have noise, Danny, hum!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pewtershmit » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 am

I'm getting hum when its by itself on one of the 100mA outputs of my PP2+ but not on the 250mA outputs. I'm going to try one of those current doubler cables when I get one. I can't be's without my reverbs but now with my new whammy I've got 3 pedals that want to see those high current outputs.

thanks ryedawg

by the way the white elemnents is fucking boss breau. good shit pal. good shit.
pewtershmit

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I think when you use the PP2 with pedals with very high current demands it can compromise the other outputs.. like maybe some of those pedals draw just a little too much or maybe the supply puts out just a little bit less... and the way that everything is still connected with a PP2 (I know it's isolated but it's not reeaally isolated), all outputs can still influence each other, and it can make for annoying problems like this that don't go away unless certain pedals aren't used.... so I wish you good luck with it!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby madmax1012 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

ok, so if I'm running a one spot, the RRR is probably not in my best interest?
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby pewtershmit » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 pm

madmax1012 wrote:ok, so if I'm running a one spot, the RRR is probably not in my best interest?

I've never had an issue when I set it up on my PT MINI.
pewtershmit

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm

madmax1012 wrote:ok, so if I'm running a one spot, the RRR is probably not in my best interest?

It really depends... it depends on what other pedals are being used, are they digital, do they have timing signals, what's their current requirements... some people daisy chain RRRs with no problem at all, some people can't avoid noise even with a PP2+...

It all depends and it's nearly impossible to predict...
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the Life Aquatic » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 pm

i use a godlyke power all (one spot copy) and i dont get any added noise when i switch on my RRR, it starts to get noisy when i switch on other pedals which are noisy on their own, but the RRR doenst give my any problems daisy chained
the Life Aquatic

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 pm

no issues here from a onespot
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pewtershmit » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 am

FYI. Using a Current Doubler Cable on the PP2+ works like a charm. was not gettin enough joose.
pewtershmit

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

That's cool to hear guys, thanks for chiming in about the daisy chaining/One Spoting, glad to hear it. A One Spot is my daily driver adapter around here, I use one all the time and really like it. I'm trying to get Visual Sound to cut me a deal on them so I can provide them cheaply for people who have power supply problems with my pedals, cause that does come up.

Danny, that's really interesting to hear... I wonder if you're PP2 isn't putting out the juice it should, or if the other pedals are hogging it too much and pulling it down, or if the RRR uses more current than I think... or all 3. *scary music*

Glad to hear that worked for you though, I'd been thinking about your situation. And hey, while you're here, how's L&M treating you?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby low2s2u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I use a BBE supa charger and the only noise i get is ?Clock noise? on the Rotary setting.
low2s2u

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 pm

If you mean the ticking/whirring noise on that setting it's in there by design... that's the mechanical noise of a rotating speaker system. I didn't design those patches but I do think that's really slick how they made sure there was mechanical noise in the simulation.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby low2s2u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Pretty interesting i never knew that! It makes sense now because I only hear it when I play and it gets louder the harder i play.
low2s2u

interested
interested

Postby oinkbanana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 pm

my RRR on a PP2+, no problems on any input. I don't have other high mA pedals on there either though.
now posting as Forrrest.
oinkbanana

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist