Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby theavondon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 am

chillerthanmost wrote:Running my Ric 360 out of these.

DAAAAAAAAAAMN GURL
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chillerthanmost » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 am

This site on my iPhone always seems to crop the right side of any pics I post. Is it just me?
chillerthanmost

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 am

If they're wider than 800 pixels it'll crop them. But that pic looks fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 pm

monkeydancer wrote::wha?: Yeah, that's mental! I get annoyed fiddling with a 3 band EQ. :lol:

Well the GB Shuttle Series sounds pretty excellent set flat. I pretty much dial mine in using the high and low shelving controls on the right under 'Global Signal Shape'.
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Not quite as doomy as the other rigs on the page, but I'm almost finished my bedroom stereo rig!

Got the brightly colored headshell in the post today for cheap. Throwing a Jenson Mod 20w speaker into the bright one (v2 or 3), stock Epi speaker into the plain looking V1. Going to mod the V1 when I find some time as well. I can't decide if I'm going to completely rewire it or just do some mods, but either way for the time being this will satisfy my stereo needs!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Left home today and came back with a tower of Peavey, yay! 15s! I can use my toob amp again! No more mysterious homemade guitar cab!
TOWEROFPEAVEY.jpg
TOWER OF PEAVEY

So far, digging the "Bass 400 series" although the built-in distortion sounds really bad.
The cab has Black Widows; I have another empty 215 that I've been meaning to put BWs in, but this popped up on Craigslist for cheaps.
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 pm

PEAVEY CULT. Solid, man :thumb:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Waterpilot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm

madmax1012 wrote:so many knobbys.....

I know it. It's too many actually. It was cool at first but as I get into pedals more and more, all those options become less relevant to me.
Waterpilot

experienced
experienced

Postby univalve » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 am

Achtane wrote:So far, digging the "Bass 400 series" although the built-in distortion sounds really bad.

That would have been my question. Eying on these for a while. Isn't it called "fuzz" on the label? That made me curious. So good to know i can pass on this :)
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 am

univalve wrote:
Achtane wrote:So far, digging the "Bass 400 series" although the built-in distortion sounds really bad.

That would have been my question. Eying on these for a while. Isn't it called "fuzz" on the label? That made me curious. So good to know i can pass on this :)

Nah, mine is "harmonics" but there is a different type with fuzz...and also I think a guitar head with "saturation" and that one is supposedly sweet... :idk:

Skullservant, those are cool, man. Do the mods make it way different to use or are they more subtle?

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

They make the amp a little more versatile. I added a master volume to the amp so that if I want some saturation at a low level I can have it. I also did the JP1 mod, which is just disconnecting a jumper, but it allows for a little more headroom. I added a jack for the JP1 mod too, because when connected it acts like a volume boost or lead channel.

Only other thing I did to the color one was put a new output transformer on it and a standby switch (standby is totally unnecessary, but I find myself wanting to change the order of my pedals without turning the amp off so it comes in handy)
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassboar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Fuck yeah!
560716_310779442324665_125837544152190_751681_763962307_n.jpg
sanfordandsonny wrote:guitars are hammers if you put some electrical tape on the handle so the blood doesn't make the hammer slippery so be it.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Good deals with: Bellyheart, bronzetalon,kbithecrowning, fuzzmax, jwar, misc1600, hatshirt, colin, chippywallace, Monkey Boy, skullservant, jumbosteelie, foomanfat, sanfordandsonny, pez.period, proroby, excane
Bassboar

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Bassboar wrote:Fuck yeah!
560716_310779442324665_125837544152190_751681_763962307_n.jpg

SCORE! That's awesome. I just got a few new (to me) cabs myself. Pretty stoked.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Actually, I take that back. It does sound pretty weak when you're plugged into the drive channel and using the distortion, but if you bridge the two and plug yer bass into the clean channel... :omg:
Maybe it IS a mediocre sound and I just dig it unknowingly. Maybe it's like I'm enjoying a DS-1 or something, I dunno.
Either way BRIDGING IS AWSUM

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tarpitcarnivore » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm

MPrado wrote:
tarpitcarnivore wrote:my account got deleted when something went wrong on here. just reposting. :3

and one fancy one.

do you play this gear at your bedroom? :omg:

Gets played a lot in my bedroom, yes. I do take it out to friends houses to get loud, though. Trying to get a couple bands going soon.
tarpitcarnivore

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear