Fitting battery into 1590B

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Fitting battery into 1590B

Postby Yonatan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 am

I'm new and came here with a question about fitting a battery into a 1590B enclosure. I bought the parts for the Tonefiend projects and completed the 1st project. The tone is absolutely amazing, but I'm having trouble closing the back of the enclosure with the 9v battery installed. I'm putting the battery in the space between the 3PDT switch and bottom of the enclosure, but the lid is getting stuck on the battery (the lid has a rim around it that needs to stick into the enclosure, but this rim is hitting the 9v battery). It's almost as if the 3PDT switch should be moved a bit higher up (to leave a space between the battery and the bottom wall of the enclosure for the rim of the lid to fit into), but I got the enclosure pre-drilled. Did anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm wondering if for the next project, I should not get the enclosure pre-drilled...
Yonatan

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Fitting battery into 1590B

Postby Jero » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm

If you have a belt sander, grinder, rotary tool, etc you can remove a bit of that "rim" until the battery fits. I've had to do it once or twice, and I know other builders have too.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Fitting battery into 1590B

Postby John Lyons » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Usually the battery fits fine but it's the battery snap that gets in the way.
The snaps that have the wires come out one end are too tight to fit.
I get the snaps that have the wires come out the middle, sort of a "T" shape.
John Lyons

committed
committed

Return to Mammoth Electronics