My Kingdom For a Reverberator On the Air!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: My Kingdom For a Reverberator On the Air!

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 am

We're just outside Edmonton, Alberta. We're in the prairies. Edmonton and surrounding suburbs is about a million people and we have a really really big mall here and an NHL hockey team and Alberta is known for having delicious beef.

Here's what it looks like here:
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 am

Oh man, you can't possibly understand how great that video looks compared to where I'm from.

And the weather here..

Friday 9th Mar - Max 38
Saturday 10th Mar - Max 38
Sunday 11th Mar - Max 40
Monday 12th Mar - Max 37

And so on.. Sigh. Can't wait 'til the end of the year!

Am definitely going to spend some time 'round Edmonton way :)
Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, maz91379, allicio, nelsinian, tomlane95, casperh7, insubordination, bronzetalon
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 am

Haha that video is great!

Geeeez it's hot down under. There's a few places in Canada that get as hot as that in July and August but it rarely goes over 30 here in the dead of summer. Right now it's 1 with a low of -10 over the weekend. There was 3 days in January that hit -35 but otherwise this has been a nice mild winter.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 am

Good golly. To put it in perspective, I have never seen snow.

In case we're veering wildly off-topic, today I finally spent some real time using my blue put-a-bird-on-it-berator (received it three days ago, on Tuesday). I absolutely love it! Even through my dodgy borrowed solid-state combo amp, it sounds warm, real, like the amp is a doorway to guitar being played in a big room next door, or something.. :thumb:

Am now hanging out for the red-on-the-air so much. Seeing the original teal one on someone elses' pedal board is what got me interested in boutique/hand-made/etc effects in general, I'd only ever used Boss / EHX before.
Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, maz91379, allicio, nelsinian, tomlane95, casperh7, insubordination, bronzetalon
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 am

Well yaller, you're gonna love snow.. it's flavoured differently depending on what province you're in. Here it tastes like beef jerky but I think in Ontario it's peppermint.

Glad to hear you're digging your RRR! That's really cool that the tv box was kinda your entrance into the world of small-scale builders.. I hope you get a kick out of the pedals you'll discover. And I hope you check out all the hosted builders here on ILF, it's really the best of the boutique builders in the market right in one place. (just my opinion but the builders on ILF are really special)
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Out of curiosity, does the original "On the Air" finish have sparkles in the finish?

Also, I just might be pulling the trigger on a Sunny Day Delay to replace my Skreddy Echo (or use them together...who knows). They have a similar max delay time right? (PS, the finish on this SDD I found is magnificent...truly unreal!)
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Yessir!
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

futuresailors wrote:Yessir!

My life just became more difficult.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 am

Multi-colour sparkles on the teal on-the-air, silver sparkles on the red one. I'm hoping the powder coaters can do glitter for us next.. I love sparkle, it's awesome, but glitter is very very cool.

So what SDD are you checking out? 4 or 5 knobber? They have a max delay time of about half a second, maybe a little longer.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:26 am

Ryan wrote:Multi-colour sparkles on the teal on-the-air, silver sparkles on the red one. I'm hoping the powder coaters can do glitter for us next.. I love sparkle, it's awesome, but glitter is very very cool.

So what SDD are you checking out? 4 or 5 knobber? They have a max delay time of about half a second, maybe a little longer.

Four knob with the Chorus toggle. It's this finish: Image
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:39 am

Very nice! Colour change LED too.

So the big difference between a 4 knob and a 5 knobber is the compander circuit and the depth knob for the modulation. Your 4 knobber will have a bit more background hiss, mainly noticeable when playing into gain, and your modulation depth is fixed at a setting I thought sounded nice and then you get to control the rate.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am

Well, Pumpkin Pieces is selling his on-the-air, right now. I was all set to buy it and then noticed the credit card repayment had come out for the month :cry: :cry:

Someone else snap up this little beauty:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24515

If by some miracle it's still available in a week, I'll be on it.
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:46 am

Great price from a great guy for a great pedal! *smile* But yeah, the mini-R sucks for spring reverb.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 am

Currently texting the girlfriend debating the pros and cons of scraping the money together for it.

a) I already have the blue bird-on-it-berator.
b) I actually have a modded Line 6 DL4 on the way which I have had stripped and re-powdercoated in transluscent teal and sparkles because I was inspired by the on-the-air ;)
c) Neither of the above reasons would stop me buying it right now if I had the dollars in my account.

*edit* After much screwing around, I've managed to scrape up the funds for it! :D

Incidentally Ryan, would you have a recommendation for a spring reverb?
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 am

Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist