· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

weird fx from the Dominican Republic <copilotfx.com>
Post a reply

Re: Molecule tour box

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

autopilot wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, i think in january there will be another tourbox, i've been thinking planetoid, arrow airwaves or polypus

How about all three!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

autopilot wrote:3-JRMY
4-Wdinc
5-Jero
6-misc1600
7-wsf
8-ilikewater
encore
9-dmcmahon
10-linty

OOOO!!! OOO!!! OOO!!!

I am very excited! Who has it now? Has it headed my way yet? We might need to coordinate timing what with the holidays and travel and whatnot...

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Haha...I need to hurry up and make a lot more posts so I can get in on this.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

autopilot wrote:3-JRMY
4-Wdinc
5-Jero
6-misc1600
7-wsf
8-ilikewater
encore
9-dmcmahon
10-linty

:mope:

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 pm

bellyheart has it, I'm guessing it should be on your way by now.

wdinc - I think one pedal at time is better, so you can explore it more.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:30 am

Uh... I forgot to pm you....
I'm so stupid. I'll sign up for the next one and ACTUALLY PM YOU MY INFO.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 am

wsas3, pm your info i'll put you after lintybits

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:41 am

autopilot wrote:wdinc - I think one pedal at time is better, so you can explore it more.

I know, but I want to TRY ALL OF THEM!

Actually I'm more interested in the Planetoid. Although I've considered replacing my Hummingbird with a Polypus. Its a great trem, but I figured the Polypus would be much easier to double up the tempo. One day, I'll try to try it. One day...

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:04 pm

This box is full of fun. Arpeggios have never been so fun. Chords are also really cool. Especially after they decay. I find that this box had me putting down the pick and playing with my fingers. Crank the gain and it's gritty and warbles around. The filters allow some real underwater fun. Personally, I feel only one filter knob is necessary and the other knob should be a relative rate knob, but as is, they are both really funny. Can't imagine what an expression pedal would do with that filter. The sweep is so wide, making each pulse sound like a wood log or rain drop of sorts. I got a chance to run an oscillator into the Molecule and then I swept the frequency. OH MY! Do this if you can. It creates so much tension, you feel like you're in a early 60s sci-fi film as the pitch raises! This effect should be a new standard in those who write music for sonic exploration.

I find the slight glitchyness of the pedal, due to dynamics, was rather charming and gave it more characteristic. Especially, after learing where it comes from and exploiting these effects/artifacts. I can't imagine what this thing would sound like with an envelope filter either before or after this effect. This pedal stands alone fantastic, but mixed with other effects it goes into a whole new realm of insanity and sonic bliss.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 am

super awesome :thumb: .

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:36 am

Got back from holiday travel to find the Molecule waiting for me. Very psyched to try it out! Hopefully I'll get some time on it today...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 pm

i'm thinking of adding a jack on the molecule, so you can run a cable from earlier in your chain and be able to run the molecule at the very end, so you can run it after heavy layered delayed fuzz and other crazyness (wng), or bring back the crazyness running the molecule earlier and returning one of the outs in stereo pedal at the end of your chain.

Also in a bigger case, adding an fx loop so you can add some fx goodness, instead of chopping the signal it could add whatever you have in the fx loop, like quick burst of delays, fuzz, etc.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 pm

autopilot wrote:Also in a bigger case, adding an fx loop so you can add some fx goodness, instead of chopping the signal it could add whatever you have in the fx loop, like quick burst of delays, fuzz, etc.

Please do this

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Do

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 pm

go here for further discussion viewtopic.php?f=140&t=22712
Post a reply