VST-modded Twosomes

Moderator: blackout_kyle

VST-modded Twosomes

Postby blackout_kyle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 am

Well most of you probably already knew this option has been available for a while, but I finally caved to putting them up on the website officially: "Very Special Twosome"-modded Twosomes.

http://www.blackouteffectors.com/?page_id=499
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Re: VST-modded Twosomes

Postby Dandolin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am

That's awesome, Kyle! And can we send our unmodded stock twosomes in to have the mod done after the fact? If so, how much for that kind service? I'm still on the fence about it, myself--I do really like the one stomp switch from Musket to Fix'd.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blackout_kyle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Dandolin wrote:That's awesome, Kyle! And can we send our unmodded stock twosomes in to have the mod done after the fact? If so, how much for that kind service? I'm still on the fence about it, myself--I do really like the one stomp switch from Musket to Fix'd.

Yeah we do that as well for $45. Details on making that happen necessitate emailing us.
Its a big decision to make the swap if you're already used to the ease of the A/B operation. I like both versions, but you can't have your cake and eat it too in this scenario.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Awesome. Love my VSTwosome.

I have the PGS one, and I think the switches are a little closer together, right?

I can hit them both in one stomp, so it can function just like an A/B version if I want it to.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby blackout_kyle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Clean Channel wrote:Awesome. Love my VSTwosome.

I have the PGS one, and I think the switches are a little closer together, right?

I can hit them both in one stomp, so it can function just like an A/B version if I want it to.

Enjoy your cake then... :thumb:
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks, Kyle--I'm comfortably perched on the horns of this dilemma right now--the good part is that I have fuzzy awesomeness in two kaleidoscopic flavors to choose between with a single stomp while I cogitate. :excellent:

And while I fully believe all the stories of how awesome these two are stacked, I still have lots to explore of the awesomeness of them separate. :yay:

Plus I just had the rather frightening idea of picking up a Crystal Dagger and Blunderbuss Musket and throwing them all in my Wonded Paw Super Blender where I can run them all in parallel, activate a feedback loop on one, and switch the other two between series and parallel. :animal:

Hell why stop there--let's grab a Fix'd Deluxe and whack it into my Badger effects order switcher with the Twosome in that switchable feedback loop channel. :joy: :omg: :!!!: :trippy:

That should about cover it.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blackout_kyle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Dandolin wrote:Thanks, Kyle--I'm comfortably perched on the horns of this dilemma right now--the good part is that I have fuzzy awesomeness in two kaleidoscopic flavors to choose between with a single stomp while I cogitate. :excellent:

And while I fully believe all the stories of how awesome these two are stacked, I still have lots to explore of the awesomeness of them separate. :yay:

Plus I just had the rather frightening idea of picking up a Crystal Dagger and Blunderbuss Musket and throwing them all in my Wonded Paw Super Blender where I can run them all in parallel, activate a feedback loop on one, and switch the other two between series and parallel. :animal:

Hell why stop there--let's grab a Fix'd Deluxe and whack it into my Badger effects order switcher with the Twosome in that switchable feedback loop channel. :joy: :omg: :!!!: :trippy:

That should about cover it.

All perfectly reasonable.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 pm

blackout_kyle wrote:All perfectly reasonable.

:lol:

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AndyTran » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

So the silkscreen will just remain as is?
AndyTran

committed
committed

Postby louderthangod » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:32 am

I don't see why they all don't come this way...why wouldn't someone want this awesome feature. Such a great pedal.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby Stinkstinkenton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you Kyle for my Black on Black VST-Mod'd Twosome. It's a Full Shread, Balls Deluxe, from inside out, both visual and sonic work of AWSOME art. Great Job!
Stinkstinkenton

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Skattabrain » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:49 pm

louderthangod wrote:I don't see why they all don't come this way...why wouldn't someone want this awesome feature. Such a great pedal.

I have the VST, I love it. But I think the reason I might have wanted it stock now that I've had it a while, is for less tap dancing. The Fix'D is pretty awesome as a boost, but the Musket doesn't really need a boost. and to have the fix'd fuzz set in a usable or more over the top fuzz way (not boost) and then cascade the Musket... sure, it can be cool... but mostly for me it would be too much for me for the rare times I'd use it.

switching between a more meat and potatoes fuzz tone, then into a splatty fuzz tone, I think I'd use that more. Or to set eh fix'd as a "usable" fuzz, then the musket for the wall of fuzz... so many options and configuration... but for live i think i'd like to one set, one way, the other set another way, and then just a toggle between them.

Man i love my pedals, but i miss the configurable nature of the digital stuff! You need a preset bank for the pedal, so many options!
Will web program for gear!
Skattabrain

interested
interested

Postby Shanetram » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:40 am

I had both versions and kept the original, I found myself switching between the two more than stacking them. To each his own.
Shanetram

committed
committed

Postby Jorfferies » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 am

blackout_kyle wrote:Well most of you probably already knew this option has been available for a while, but I finally caved to putting them up on the website officially: "Very Special Twosome"-modded Twosomes.

http://www.blackouteffectors.com/?page_id=499

The Twosome and AB-Synth are hopefully going to be my two next buys, they are both so crazy although one much more tameable than the other. Although the AB-Synth probably wouldn't get much use on my board it would still be nice to have so every now and then I can whip out them crazy oscillations and SY tooooaaaaaannnnzzzzzzz.
Jorfferies

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Green Jacket » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:02 am

Get the vst switch, loving the unlimited tweaking control
Green Jacket

committed
committed

Next

Return to Blackout Effectors