Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Postby basti moon » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:02 am

This is my main guitar and my only electric one for now (Damn slow mail I want my new baritone now!)

It´s an Epiphone Les Paul Standard painted by an artist friend of mine. I´d like to paint it myself, but suck at painting and the job my friend did is so excellent. Overcoats and everything.
I have found out I´m pretty picky on humbuckers, but fond on all kinds of singles so I removed the terrible epi hums and got myself two gibson p94s, p90s in humbucker size. No other mods, except turning the pick up selector switch to move horizontally so I don´t switch it by accident all the time.

What I´d like to do is make a kill switch and booster circuit inside it or maybe even a tremolo, if it´ll fit. I don´t really care about the acoustics so maybe I´ll just hollow it out and jam all sorts of crap in there, haha! Maybe a whammy bar? This guitar is too good sounding to have any less options than that in tonal control. Also one of my dreams is another pickup at the head, removable. And maybe some curcuit bending stuff that reacts with the strings. And peep somewhere? Or http://www.analoguehaven.com/hiwatt/echotheremin/ somewhere?
What a stupid set of dreams

My favourite sound is from the neck pickup, tone almost at full treble cause it´s kinda bassey.

I´ll get a pic of my new guitar when I get it, it´s a gretsch superjet baritone and it´s gonna be awesome through fuzzes. :p
Attachments
DSC00022.JPG
(369.83 KiB) Downloaded 10473 times
basti moon

committed
committed

Postby DeathTron » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:40 pm

Here is my current guitar.
Attachments
Death.jpg
Death.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 67863 times
DeathTron

Postby aen » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:04 pm

That's acouple of them, I also have 3 different telecasters! OF course after I reached this level of guitar overload, somehow I became the drummer, and I never get to play them :???:
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby leastwise » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:49 pm

here's a my living room setup, plus a close-up of my guitar and DE/E13 gear.

:rock:
Attachments
wholeLRsetup.jpg
a corner of my living room.
wholeLRsetup.jpg (105.69 KiB) Viewed 67983 times
guitarE13gear.jpg
the warlock and his pack of marauders.
guitarE13gear.jpg (108.87 KiB) Viewed 67967 times
:joy: things to do, things to re-do :omg:
leastwise

experienced
experienced

Postby basti moon » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Oh those jaguars!
And the black ASAT!
Makes me proud just to write stuff to you people
basti moon

committed
committed

Postby zerosum » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:43 pm

Sperzels,Bill Lawrence L-500XL Humbucker,bone nut,graphite saddles.

I also have a Fernandes Revolver and LTD F-200 sitting in their cases in the closet, as well as another Fernandes Revolver in storage.

Heavily modified guitar, however maintaining stock look...

- Changed tuning machines for locking Sperzels
- GraphTech TremNut
- GraphTech FerraGlide saddles
- Upsized the strings to 11's

Smart choices! :thumb:
Makes a hell of a lot of difference.

basti moon wrote:This is my main guitar and my only electric one for now
It´s an Epiphone Les Paul Standard painted by an artist friend of mine. I´d like to paint it myself, but suck at painting and the job my friend did is so excellent.

Sweeeeeet guitar dude :eek: :thumb:

aen wrote:That's acouple of them, I also have 3 different telecasters!

Damn Im really jelous!!!
I'd Love to get a jaguar someday!!!

I had a Jag-stang for a few years but had to sell it when i was dead broke in the great fall on my ass period of 2003-2004.
Last edited by zerosum on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
zerosum

interested
interested

Postby lookslikemeband » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:31 pm

I need to get some new pics of my gear. I've added a few guitars since this older photo:

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Stacco » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:44 pm

But here’s my rig as it stands.[/size]

This cutie is a Larrivée, I can’t remember the model number. But she’s got a spruce top and mahogany back and sides, all solid. She’s wearing 13. gauge strings, so she’s a bit hard to handle, but she sounds great, especially recorded.

The Staccocasters! On the left, a G&L Legacy Special, with homemade “Fuck You” string dampener, Schaller machineheads, rosewood fingerboard, hard maple neck and swamp ash body. Pickups are a Seymor Duncan Lil’ 59, a Lace Sensor Silver and a Seymour Duncan Lil’ JB. Tremolo and electronics are G&L standard.

The green one I put together myself from bits and pieces. Maple neck and fingerboard (Slinky) Gotoh, Joe Barden clone pickups (I ripped them of the G&L) and a clone of the G&L electronic passive treble and bass system which by now is like second nature to me. (I cannot for the life of me play a Les Paul). Bridge is a Kahler tremolo, big fucker! They sound totally different. Still, when I gets me some dosh I want to get an SG or some other set neck.

Uhhh, my baby. A Mesa Boogie Nomad 55, modded with TAD Tonebone Pentodes to run in Class A at 15 watts, which allows me to sound REALLY loud but without the bleeding ears and other associated symptoms.

I've left out the pedal board cuz I was quite different when I took those pics, (there's one in the Flickr page anyways but I'll give you a rundown on how it stands now... Duncan loaded G&L Legacy Special or Homemade Frankestrat into…. EF 13 TBD (With a Dano T-bone Distortion and a Dano Fish and Chips EQ in the loop) Into and EH HOG synth (With footswitch and exp pedal) Into a Crybaby 535, into a Homebrew CBR Comp, into a Hombrew Germania, into a Jacques Tube Blower… From that we go to the input of My Boogie Nomad 55... Out of the loop we go into a Ibanez RC 99 rotary Chorus (fucking brilliant pedal), a Line 6 mm4 with exp pedal, and a DL4 with exp pedal too!!! And yes, I can already make beautiful or ugly music (as I see fit) with what I’0ve got… isn't that great!!!!
My solo project of a band featuring me and three quarters of myself: http://www.myspace.com/dotdotdotmmm
Stacco

committed
committed

Postby arotothen » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Wow! I'm jealous of such gears!! (U kNo HU U R!! XP)

My main guit!! Epiphone SG all stock; Stays in tune; plays well; won't squeal with highgain like my other guitars of past (couple LP copies; Epip and Vantage)!!!! :thumb:

Repleat with homebrew Counter Cosby sticker and hanging out with his new best friend the AR GZ!!! :rock:
My band; Counter Cosby!!!
arotothen

interested
interested

Postby elwood » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:21 am

i tend to use a lotta diff stuff and constantly switch up my guitars but there are some things that are mainstays and this six string fender mustang bass is one of those things.

i picked it up on the road somewhere...bought it from the (at the time) pixies road manager, who in turn bought it with kim deal in mind. however they broke up before he got in touch with her and i swooped in and took advantage.

this little bass just freaks people out with it's uber-huge sound. duncan broadcaster in the bridge, stock mustang guitar p.u. in the center. tuned in the bass register, although could be set up for the baritone reg with dif gauge strings and a set up.

late.....er.......el
Attachments
deal-2.jpg
deal-2.jpg (35.06 KiB) Viewed 67531 times
deal-1.jpg
deal-1.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 67512 times
deal-4.jpg
deal-4.jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 67584 times
elwood

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby basti moon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:39 am

That is the most interesting guitar I´ve seen in many many days or hours.
If it´s in the bass register, it means the low E is how many octaves from a the low E of a bass? One or two?
basti moon

committed
committed

Here she is

Postby Suilebhain » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Haize... she's really pretty up close. Has this Big Daddy Roth metalflake thing going.
Attachments
ef_3.JPG
ef_3.JPG (57.82 KiB) Viewed 62376 times
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:
ALL HAIL BOB!
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:

"...perhaps the way we started to play wasn't as impressive as it was to us, even, wasn't as full of impact as it might have been. I mean, it was done very well rather than considerably exciting. One thinks of it all as a dream." -S. Barrett
Suilebhain

involved
involved

Postby aen » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:17 pm

elwood wrote: this six string fender mustang bass

HLYSHT.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mrmega » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi!

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi.

I love Devi and we are friends! I also use and suggest Effector 13 & Devi Ever pedals!

Here is a picture of me, my music store owner friend and one of my guitars:

mrmega

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby blowtorch » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:38 pm

Me and some friends...[/img]
Attachments
andyguitar5.jpg
andyguitar5.jpg (139.82 KiB) Viewed 62686 times
blowtorch

uncommitted
uncommitted