Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:26 pm

i found the big knob for the RR on the floor, and couldn't figure out where it came from until i looked at the photo just now.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:46 pm

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dowi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:57 am

Cool board dubz! I like this part in particular:

dubkitty wrote:Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
1970s MXR Distortion+ (middle right)
Fuzzhugger 3-knob Great Wall w/Ben Nerison paint job
Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian (Russian Big Muff clone)
EMMA Discumbobulator envelope filter
Mojo Hand FX Villanova optical Uni-Vibe
Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge ring modulator
TC Electronics SCF flanger/chorus (used as flanger)(middle left)

How do you manage to use the envelope filter after all that dirt? Doesn't it sensitivity get affected by the wall of sound I.e. when the Russian is on?
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:46 am

I decided to undust a bit the heavy artillery! Swapped out the usual light weight stuff for some heavy noise machineries: MASF Epilepsy, LAL 46 & EA Throat Locust, with the Bakfram after and Bananana Mandala before those for some glitchy resampling.
po.jpg
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby deeohgee » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:51 am

Last week I scored a pedalboard for $50 on FB Marketplace. The guy even delivered it to me!

Over the weekend I untangled the rat’s nest and tetrised like a mofo.

I made everything fit except for the expression pedal for the Quadrant.

MC404 CAE Wah > Pettyjohn Lift > BYOC Phaser > Hartman LM308 > Walrus The Ages OD > Caroline Hawaiian Pizza Fuzz > Basic Audio Throbby > Alexander Quadrant (w. exp pedal) > Red Panda Tensor (with Remote 4 - presets) > EHX 1440 > Red Panda Context

deeohgee

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:38 pm

i should have grabbed a pic of my board at the last gig, thrown together because i forgot a bunch of stuff.

lal 46
airtrash
masf possessed
echo dream
red llama

terrible monitoring but sounded good on the little video clips i heard afterwards.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:41 am

gila_crisis wrote:MASF Epilepsy, LAL 46 & EA Throat Locust

MechaGodzilla wrote:i
lal 46
airtrash
masf possessed
echo dream
red llama

Both of this dirt sections must be unruly as hell :love:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:47 pm

the red llama was a bit of a wild card, i'd not used it in the rig before. i just chucked it on the end before the amp to grizz up everything else. i have been using the pork loin a lot, and enjoyed the clean blend mixing the fuzz>od sounds and straighter fuzz sounds but actually... i think i like the llama better.

and the parts count of the circuit is like... a baby could build this thing lmao
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:16 pm

In an attempt to be helpful [and to aggravate Skarky's necrobumping] I deleted most of my attachments BUT ALSO I have added pedals....

IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg (205.22 KiB) Viewed 3162 times

So.. yes I wuv that Tru-fy octavia! but when I replaced my Henrietta Engineering Purple Octoplus [has a blend, Tru-fy is straight up] with it I missed it so it went back on... and then I stacked them :!!!:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 pm

How do you manage to use the envelope filter after all that dirt? Doesn't it sensitivity get affected by the wall of sound I.e. when the Russian is on?

i take great pains to set all of the fuzz to unity gain with the unaffected signal. i can't use some fuzz, e.g. the Earthquaker Tone Reaper, because even at the lowest setting there's a massive bump in gain. i go so far as to try to assure this even when two or more devices are engaged. besides the obvious benefit to the functionality of the EF, i think it also allows smoother transitions to different sounds. if i really want a distorted part to stand out i just play harder. i also work to keep volume level consistent with non-fuzz devices with an input or output volume control; i don't want to hear CHORUSSSSSS when i step on the CH-1, i want it to blend naturally.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:20 pm

i just remembered that i have, at long last, a Devi Ever White Spider that i've never even plugged in. my chaotic existence often leads me to forget things that are in plain sight, and i spent the last few months not caring about playing music at all. i may need/have to do another whole fuzz-section revamp. oh, joy. i'm really looking forward to that. which is to say that setting up and wiring pedalboards is by far my least favorite thing about being a guitarist. i understand why famous Brits pay Pete Cornish megabucks so he can reconfigure bog-standard stuff so Gilmour, Townshend et al. don't have to think about that shit.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:32 pm

when i see "Bananana Mandala" all i can think of is Daevid Allen.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 am

dubkitty wrote:i just remembered that i have, at long last, a Devi Ever White Spider that i've never even plugged in. my chaotic existence often leads me to forget things that are in plain sight, and i spent the last few months not caring about playing music at all. i may need/have to do another whole fuzz-section revamp. oh, joy. i'm really looking forward to that. which is to say that setting up and wiring pedalboards is by far my least favorite thing about being a guitarist. i understand why famous Brits pay Pete Cornish megabucks so he can reconfigure bog-standard stuff so Gilmour, Townshend et al. don't have to think about that shit.

Hire me :lol:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:39 am

In an attempt to become more productive and focused, I made a board specifically for guitar and one for bass,
as I tend to just end up noodling on guitar instead of recording bass like I should have been doing for the last year and a half.
Anyways, still working out what I want on the bass board, but in the meantime here's the guitar board:

Chain: tuner > Hexe Sound Cartridge > Laowiz Cystech > ??? fuzz I got from Dowi for ILFSS > DC SheFuzz > DOD Rubberneck > Digital Flora Draugen analog spring reverb > Turnip Farm/Deadend Clang (always on)
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:45 am

I have been in guitar land and this is the latest after two ish sort of months. The tensor is cool and it’s scratching the itch for the CB blooper ( not that I cant get one even if I tried) - the Rev is a great high gain pedal but I have two amazing fuzzes next to it and it may move here soon.

Thinking down the road I want to find a pre amp pedal that I can plug both my guitar and bass in - so when I finally start recording I can just plug and unplug. The element which serves me well might get replaced with a two tones cab m and now I am re thinking a new verb / delay because I have the mcd70 set to space mode.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear