Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby qersty » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 am

theactionindex wrote:Gonna get this guy set up soon. I’ve wanted a shell pink JM for the longest goddamn time.
E8650886-7F9F-4581-9816-294CDCAB241F.jpeg

4 way switch? :cool:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JTurbide » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Double post :facepalm:
Last edited by JTurbide on Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby JTurbide » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Warwick Nobby Meidel from 1983. :!!!:

JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby the_bright_undead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 pm

guit.jpg

this Eastwood guitar is my most recent addition. not my main guitar but it showed up on craigslist about 2 months ago and i couldn't walk away.
all stock. the longer scale length is great and the pickups are super deep, bassy, sound awesome.
good dealings: laowiz, ianmarks, stomping stones, weebles, Errant Tiger, radish, themeanreds, K2000, Never
the_bright_undead

committed
committed

Postby John » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:02 am

No camera right now, but I just got my first 100% new guitar. Well first since the $99 Synsonic electric with built-in speaker from Service Merchandise. Everything else has been ebay/craigslist 2nd hand stuff except for the Frankenstrat I built from Warmoth parts, but I ain't no luthier so it's a little funky compared to a factory-new jammy.

So this is my factory-new jammy. I don't usually do Floyds or painted necks, but for what I will be doing with this (free metal/ avant grindcore) a Floyd is appropriate and the satin finish on the neck is almost as slidey as oiled wood, so it's all good.

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/v ... ack-matte/

friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:13 am

:rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:43 pm

new new hawtness! :doom:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:52 pm

Very cool John!! Those Solars are definitely intriguing, that one looks very pointy and fun
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby John » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:02 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Very cool John!! Those Solars are definitely intriguing, that one looks very pointy and fun

Thanks, it's everything I wanted and nothing I was afraid of! I might grind down the treble end of the locking nut a bit as it rubs the hand in some first-fret positions, but I think with time my muscle memory will learn to adjust my hand posture. I've seen some online posts about QC issues with Solar, but this one is flawless except for a couple of tiny whitish marks in the treble side binding that are practically invisible, but which rendered it a scratch'n'dent, so there was a $150 discount!
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:36 am

Love the look of the symmetrical Rhoads body! Is it legal to put a neck pickup on that though?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby John » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:11 pm

qersty wrote:Love the look of the symmetrical Rhoads body! Is it legal to put a neck pickup on that though?

Hahah you know I asked myself the same thing... I'm usually a bridge humbucker only guy, though I can get down with a single coil in the neck, but honestly I've fallen in love with the "both pups" middle setting on this guy.
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:44 am

John wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Very cool John!! Those Solars are definitely intriguing, that one looks very pointy and fun

Thanks, it's everything I wanted and nothing I was afraid of! I might grind down the treble end of the locking nut a bit as it rubs the hand in some first-fret positions, but I think with time my muscle memory will learn to adjust my hand posture. I've seen some online posts about QC issues with Solar, but this one is flawless except for a couple of tiny whitish marks in the treble side binding that are practically invisible, but which rendered it a scratch'n'dent, so there was a $150 discount!

Very nice! :!!!:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:11 am

John wrote:

I occasionally wandered on the Solaris website and also occasionally read about some quality problems. Happy to hear some positive opinions, they seem to be a good shot for that kind of budged, now let the riffs flow!!
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ChannelingHemingway » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:22 pm

Bound & blocked Jaguar. The guitarist for The Walkmen was playing one when I saw them I and fell hopelessly in love. Neck's warmouth, body's actually a Cobain signature that mysteriously made its way out of the factory after some voids were found in the blank early into the CNC process. Treble side controls are pickup selectors and a series switch, the upper control plate isn't really working atm but there's a contact mic and preamp attached to the trem plate and it's supposed to be controlling that.

Set up with baritone strings and tuned to A standard, because doom. I'm really wishing I still had the fabric I used for the headstock because it would be perfect for an amp I'm working on.
ChannelingHemingway

involved
involved

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:17 am

what a lovely lefty Jaguar!! I'm also lefthanded. I though to assemle a JAguar myself, but warmoth doesn't have lefthanded JAguar bodies.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass