strandy tele?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:23 am

^ ya, salen classic

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Neat! How do you like the CAB?

Love it! You need to tweak a lot and probably buy additional cab models depending on what kind of sound you're after, but the quality is fantastic.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone who needs to record silently and/or has issues with the way their audio interface reacts with pedals and hardware preamps etc.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 am

very cool. I use the Torpedo stuff on my computer but I am intrigued by the idea of doing it in a pedal.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:01 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:we all DI now :success:

what are you using your digit for? I recently got a Beebo and the learning curve is steep. I haven't even had a chance to audition all the basic effects let alone understand all the controls and options. Any tips on getting your head around it?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:48 pm

cosmicevan wrote:what are you using your digit for? I recently got a Beebo and the learning curve is steep. I haven't even had a chance to audition all the basic effects let alone understand all the controls and options. Any tips on getting your head around it?

It's currently acting as my whole mod/delay/reverb section (slapback > random vibrato > IR reverb, with footswitches set up to boost the delay/change delay time). The noise floor is way lower than chaining individual pedals, so it works well for DI and recording setups.

I think you need to have a specific goal in mind for the type of patch you want, since random twiddling gets you nowhere. It can help to audition the factory presets, take note of what modules are connected in what way to produce the aspects of those sounds you like, and start building something new from the ground up. I would use the pedal on its own at a desk and build a few patches before putting it on a board, because once it's at your feet you really only want to be doing basic parameter adjustments.

One approach is to try and recreate another pedal, then modify it from there. e.g. I used the looping delay module with random LFO controlling tape length to mimic the Super Neo Matic, which I can take a step further with another LFO controlling the filter, or a slew limiter so there's portamento on the random tape length changes.

I hope that helps. It's a daunting unit but it rewards perseverance, and gives you a chance to learn more about signal processing and modular synthesis.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:02 am

Guitar Board.jpg

Finally finished this quarantine project, the long, long, long overdue pedalboard that actually fits all the stuff I'm using with guitar. The band hasn't practiced since March anyway, but I'm finally equipped to play shows again whenever we're back at it. I built the board from scratch, and took a bunch of pictures of the project, so I'm gonna try to post a build thread on the projects board too.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:12 am

Benn Roe wrote:
Guitar Board.jpg

Finally finished this quarantine project, the long, long, long overdue pedalboard that actually fits all the stuff I'm using with guitar. The band hasn't practiced since March anyway, but I'm finally equipped to play shows again whenever we're back at it. I built the board from scratch, and took a bunch of pictures of the project, so I'm gonna try to post a build thread on the projects board too.

Board is an absolute banger.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MaxMaps » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:28 am

Oof these boards
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:what are you using your digit for? I recently got a Beebo and the learning curve is steep. I haven't even had a chance to audition all the basic effects let alone understand all the controls and options. Any tips on getting your head around it?

It's currently acting as my whole mod/delay/reverb section (slapback > random vibrato > IR reverb, with footswitches set up to boost the delay/change delay time). The noise floor is way lower than chaining individual pedals, so it works well for DI and recording setups.

I think you need to have a specific goal in mind for the type of patch you want, since random twiddling gets you nowhere. It can help to audition the factory presets, take note of what modules are connected in what way to produce the aspects of those sounds you like, and start building something new from the ground up. I would use the pedal on its own at a desk and build a few patches before putting it on a board, because once it's at your feet you really only want to be doing basic parameter adjustments.

One approach is to try and recreate another pedal, then modify it from there. e.g. I used the looping delay module with random LFO controlling tape length to mimic the Super Neo Matic, which I can take a step further with another LFO controlling the filter, or a slew limiter so there's portamento on the random tape length changes.

I hope that helps. It's a daunting unit but it rewards perseverance, and gives you a chance to learn more about signal processing and modular synthesis.

It's great advice. I'll agree that just exploring creates very little progress. I've gone through the presets and I've started by building individual effects but there's so much I don't even understand that I'd like to learn. All the controllers and even the drum machine and sequencer stuff. Just a few examples of someone building something and explaining it would be huge. I keep watching videos, but it's a big time investment and payoff is minimal...I'll keep at it. Now my daughter (9 years old) got into it and she's determined to build complex modules so hopefully she'll help keep me focused on learning more.

Loki is doing a live youtube Q&A tonight in 3.5 hours...I'm gonna try and check it out. It definitely is not on my board or even close to being on my board.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:42 pm

@muthlabben

Very cool board!! Not helping the Tensor GAS.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frigid midget » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:01 am

muthlabben wrote:hi ILF!!!! long time player first time poster. here's the board i've been slowly adding to for years. newest addition is the fairfield accountant, which is a "holy shit never turn it off pedal". updated my tensor and have that running to a remote4. signal chain goes from the tuner and out at the fabrikat, literally just in a line from right to left, top to bottom. nothin crazy.

fav pedal in this chain is probably the 856 or the romferd. the 856 is such an amazing box that is very misunderstood and very much more intimidating than it is difficult to use. the presets are a blessing, and it kinda does everything? I love it for offset pitch trails and stutters that follow the playing. and i really never liked chorus but the romferd is amazing, i love using it with no sway as a metallic resonator by pushing the feedback, or a modulated delay. just everything. PurPLL is a monster and i love the sample buffer, especially with the "nasty" buffer dipswitch, which holds a lot more memory and is way more erratic.

What an entrance :drool:

Just curious, cause I'm a huge fan of the DE7, and you obviously don't put just anything on your board...

Does the CF7 somehow have similar mojo as the DE7? Any reason in particular you didn't just go with something that's a bit better build? I'm happy with my current flange/chorus choices, but a combo pedal might free up the much needed board space, so who knows...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:43 am

I think I posted this exact same board a while ago, not sure. Hasn't changed in a long time, and I'm super happy with it. New ideas and sounds keep flowing out, though obviously not in the most experimental abstract way. The redpanda/chasebliss/etc rabit hole just isn't for me, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a bread and butter kinda guy when it comes to effects. Anyway, this bunch of pedlols are doing a great job helping me forget I actually suck at guitar :)

However...Not sure if this is the right place for this, but if anyone has good tips on how to add at least one more pedal (ehx 720, my fz-2 or octapluss,...)...let's hear it :idk:
I love the BF-2 to death, but it's not like I compared it to much else. For all I know a there's a great mirco size clone out there :idk:
I could swap both the BF2 and Mooer chorus with an MD-200, if anyone can confirm at least the basic flange/chorus/phase sounds from the MD200 are any good.
Clusterfuzz could be replaced with the Jr version, the turbotuner can be replaced with something smaller, the ST2 compressor might be a bit wider than a Fairfield Accountant,...Anything else?
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:33 am

This looks good to me! Very cool board.

The mooer analog flanger is pretty good but it's no BF-2. If I were you I'd swap a dirt for something else fun hehehehe
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear