Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Phosphene Audio » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:31 am

Achtane wrote:Is the taishogoto as fuckin rad as it looks?

It's fun, though not very loud. The clicker clack of the keys can be as loud as the notes.
Phosphene Audio

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 am

Crapcaster procured! :success:

Neck was a hackjob so the guy i bought it from said it was impossible to set up. took like 2 hours to fix. Not sure what the body is im guessing some 70s japanese thing like a guyatone. m not sure the trem is original cause there is a hole through the body. Pickups are kinda neat too. 7.6k with a metal base so its like a tele pickup
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby imJonWain » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:50 pm

looks awesome!
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 am

thank you!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Love that chopped and modded Stratotone / Jupiter from the other page, Phosphene Audio. Sounds great in those clips. I love those Peavey Super Ferrite pickups. And that behind-the-bridge rig sounds great.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Phosphene Audio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:32 pm

kosta wrote:Love that chopped and modded Stratotone / Jupiter from the other page, Phosphene Audio. Sounds great in those clips. I love those Peavey Super Ferrite pickups. And that behind-the-bridge rig sounds great.

thx

in some of those clips, I think it had EMGs, LOL, just what I had laying around back then
Phosphene Audio

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:53 pm

Got myself an old "baby bitchpudding" want from back in the day.

Its an Ibanez ORM-1 one of the old Omar Rodriguez-Lopez sigs. I found it completely stock with the original case for stupid cheap on reverb, and after whispering "My time has come" in as menacing a voice as I could muster, I bought the dang thing.

So, stuff I liked out of the box: its really small. Like, it feels small even for a short scale. Body is a smaller jet king style thing with the funky pickguards. They came in white during the original run and black later on. This one is probably one of the earlier ones, but the serial number on the back of the headstock has completely disappeared with time. Regardless, I've been on a white guitars kick for a second cause I like how white finishes age, so this was an easy guitar to like visually. The neck is also super comfy and small, and super fast. Guess thats pretty typical for ibanez. Stock tuners were ok, but I already was planning on replacing those with something nicer. I really digged the headstock too, its not the typical pointy thing Ibanez do, it looks claser to Epiphone than Ibanez, but it fits the whole hot rodded traditional vibe this thing has.

Getting to the body, the bridge is this weird tune-o-matic kinda thing that, while being a little strange looking, works just fine. I really like the swooshy back part of the bridge where the strings go through the body, I just think it looks cool. Now I wish I could say I was this pleased with the electronics of the thing as I was with the looks, but unfortunately the pickup was easily the weakest thing about this guitar. Omar has JB jrs put in all of the ones he uses, and I'm sure its a much needed upgrade because this stock artcore thing is TRASH. :barf: Super thin, not a lot of output at all. Just, lifeless really. Super not it. On top of that, the nut on these things are 100% cheapass plastic. The one on mine fell apart when I tried restringing for the first time.

No! Bad Ibanez QC! No treats for you!

So, as I usually do with new guitars I get, I took it to our boy waltdogg to give it some tlc and a much needed upgrade.

Now THIS BOYS. This right here is what we call "The Good Shit". :!!!:

So, upgrades went as follows: Swapped the tuning pegs for grover minis (they're fucking adorable, so TINY), nut has been replaced with a graphtech nut, pot was swapped with a proper 500k pot, pickup is an old Dimarzio Billy Corgan bridge pickup I had lying around. That plus a set up and general TLC and she was all laced up and ready to rip!

And FUCK ME does it ever rip. :doom:

The pickup and a good setup really made all the difference. Now its fast a fuck and sounds properly loud with the dimarzio in there. Its a mahogany body and neck, so it already sounded a little dark and round. With the BC-2 there instead of the ass as fuck artcore, those lows are much more pronounced while still retaining this upper mid presence without sacrificing how oddly twangy this guitar is. That twang was not something I really expected, but after listening to The Mars Volta again to get hyped for this, I realized "BP your s t u p i d, Omar's shit always sounds t w a n g y, deafass B. So even with the corgan as fuck pickup in it, it still does the mars volta thing.

But yea, ended up really liking it. Looking forward to playing shows with it once the plague has been beaten. Now I just need to get that Dirge made Soda Meiser that I traded away back and I'll have some old school gets.

It was in a silver box. Just an fyi if you have it and read this. I will pay handsomely for it back. :excellent:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 am

:love:
Love the simplicity and the looks of it, and reading this part now made me want one to mod.

BitchPudding wrote:
The pickup and a good setup really made all the difference. Now its fast a fuck and sounds properly loud with the dimarzio in there. Its a mahogany body and neck, so it already sounded a little dark and round. With the BC-2 there instead of the ass as fuck artcore, those lows are much more pronounced while still retaining this upper mid presence without sacrificing how oddly twangy this guitar is. That twang was not something I really expected, but after listening to The Mars Volta again to get hyped for this, I realized "BP your s t u p i d, Omar's shit always sounds t w a n g y, deafass B. So even with the corgan as fuck pickup in it, it still does the mars volta thing.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am

Those looks pretty cool :animal:

Congrats! :!!!:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am

Yeah that's rad. I like the simplicity of it a lot.
"corgan as fuck" :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Those are nice looking guitars, guys, congrats to both of you. :thumb: :yay:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Achtane wrote:Yeah that's rad. I like the simplicity of it a lot.
"corgan as fuck" :lol:

You know me. :lol:

Dowi wrote::love:
Love the simplicity and the looks of it, and reading this part now made me want one to mod.

Definitely worth it if you can find one. They're somewhat hard to find just cause of the Mars Volta affiliation. But I feel like theres a lot that can be done to these to make them stupid shred machines. :wizard:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BlackOceans » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:57 am

The only one I have at the moment, after having to sell my Les Paul a couple years back. This guitar is pretty special to me for a few reasons.

After highschool, I sold all my guitar stuff after drag racing and other wonderful distractions completely consumed my life lmao, I didn't play for 7 years, not once. Got heavy into the drug thing for years and eventually ended up in the hospital for a couple weeks. While there, another patient had his Gretsch with him and would let me pick it up here and there, first time I played in that 7 years. This was the summer of 2017. When I got out, I decided I just wanted to play simple blues again and refocus my life, I found a good deal on an open box LTD EC256 and bought a little Vox just to screw around on, and the passion to just be playing veryyy slowly started to come back for me.

I had a few other nicer guitars over the last few years, but they've all come and gone for various reasons. I think just because of the timing, and circumstances that me and this one formed a bit of a bond. I decided moving forward even if I dont play it as much as others in the future, its not going anywhere. It's never been too far from me over the last few years.

I have an excellent luthier in NY where I'm originally from and called him and dropped off the guitar and a box of parts this spring and told him of this stupid idea I had, and to call me when it was done lol

I had grown accustomed to the tone and volume controls on the LP and wanted it that way on the EC256, they only come from LTD with two volume and a master tone. That is why that knob looks so out of place, it wasn't there to begin with and was never supposed to be, but I wanted independent tone controls, so there it is.

At the same time Joe was doing that, he put in the pickups I had picked, a Dragonforce P90 and an Alnico II PAF, as well as a full electronics upgrade with 50s style wiring. Also in the box were a Gotoh bridge, cream trim (the switch does have a cream tip now), tophat knobs, and I had him do one of his beautiful setups. All told I was into it for about $160 in parts. I love how it ended up, and the vibe I was going for was reached. It's a special guitar to me and has a certain mojo about it. Once I decided I was never going to let this one go, I had the work done on it.

It's pulling double duty at the moment. I been doing the sludge and doom thing on it, but I really picked the parts for it based on soul and blues. Im looking out for an Agile to put together for the heavier stuff in the future, and once I do that, just put it back in standard tuning which was the original plan. Not the best picture, but the only current one I have with the way it is now.

"Lemon"
BlackOceans

involved
involved

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Cool guitar, but great story. I think there's nothing like having a guitar for so long (and/or in special circumstances) that it becomes really important to you. More special than the fanciest guitar in the world.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BlackOceans » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Cool guitar, but great story. I think there's nothing like having a guitar for so long (and/or in special circumstances) that it becomes really important to you. More special than the fanciest guitar in the world.

I feel like most of us have that "one", and on another note, thank you for taking the time for a quick reply to most my questions when I post a topic looking for advice. It means alot and helps put me in a good direction to achieve things in my head lol. Means alot man!
BlackOceans

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass