Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:55 am

01010111 wrote:
mathias wrote:
Also got this wild thing, which probably deserves its own post/thread once I have a little more experience with it: rad.png https://mas-effects.square.site/product/mimirs-well/2

Please do! That looks really cool and the UI looks great! The screen makes me worry about using it anywhere outside of my apartment (or even in my apartment, I’m very clumsy).

This dude just straight up copied all the programs he could find from the FV-1 forums. :lol:

Looks nice though.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:35 am

Yeah, I mean, those programs were posted freely for people to try out. That means you (in purrchasing Mimir’s Well or loading them on some other FV1 pedal) do have to try them out and see which you like, but I’m hoping to help out with demos that highlight some of these. What you’re not getting is all particular sounds and patches created by a single person to create a “kind” of effect. (Honestly, that’s what all the value in a Drolo pedal is — getting effects written by Drolo.) I am thinking of Mimir’s Well more like the “cartridge” pedals if third parties had been able to release effects for them.

I am going to try writing Spin FV1 effects at some point. This is a little more convenient than the dev kits or an unfinished PCB that I have to source all the parts for from pedalpcb.com — I know it works and I’m not fiddling with wires while also trying to debug code. If I do write any effects I like, I’ll try to share them freely as well. It wouldn’t make sense for me to try and design and build my own pedal and come up with 8 or 16 total patches to sell.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm

New Count to 5 (version B) just showed up!!!! I also had bought some different color knobs since I initially expected to have 2 of the same Count to 5's with different firmware.

AND LOOK! Montreal Assembly now has a box!

also, the other day this Patchulator 8000...

...and I came across a steal of a deal on the Miku locally not too long ago. It sounds pretty phenomenal when I run pulsing drones > Miku > Bit Crusher (from CooperFX Arcades).
Last edited by cosmicevan on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Mikus are great, especially when you make them sound nothing like a Miku :thumb:
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Schlatte » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Paul_C wrote:Mikus are great, especially when you make them sound nothing like a Miku :thumb:

why the fuck do they cost >400 bucks right now? :eek:
I wanted to try one for shits and giggles on the trombone board, but holy hell... 400 bucks?
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:04 pm

cosmicevan wrote:New Count to 5 (version B) just showed up!!!! I also had bought some different color knobs since I initially expected to have 2 of the same Count to 5's with different firmware.

I have the version C en route as well, but mine won’t be here until next week. Do you live in Eastern Canada?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Schlatte wrote:
Paul_C wrote:Mikus are great, especially when you make them sound nothing like a Miku :thumb:

I wanted to try one for shits and giggles on the trombone board, but holy hell... 400 bucks?

I honestly have never understood the Miku. Why do I want my guitar to sound like a Japanese girl? I just don't get it :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:48 pm

I imagine most people use them 'ironically' to do drones and noise and stuff? But either way it's really dumb. :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:51 pm

I just got a Sherlock Amplifiers Distortion 3 in trade yesterday. The box was HUGE that it came it lol! The pedal is also kind of large also because it has 3 tubes in it. Dare I say that this pedal is perfection though? I got it, plugged it in, adjusted some stuff here and there and it's like fucking perfect for what I wanted. I had to base my decision on demos that didn't highlight the way it can sound outside of blues licks. lol. Both channels do exactly what I wanted. It sounds amazing. Highly recommended.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:21 pm

You're using this on bass, right JWAR? Interesting :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:22 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Schlatte wrote:

I honestly have never understood the Miku. Why do I want my guitar to sound like a Japanese girl? I just don't get it :idk:

I like it because 1) people hate it, 2) it's a bit rubbish and 3) it's very silly.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Dandolin wrote:You're using this on bass, right JWAR? Interesting :snax:

No actually I’m using it on guitar. I have other options on bass for that but it does sound good with my bass and seems to push some db’s. I could feel it and hear it shaking shit in my house. So, I could see this being good for both. I was looking for a drive that doesn’t over take your signal and sounds good with a semi hollow body. This just sounds perfect. It sounds great in extreme settings too. Mids cut, treble cut, bass maxed, gain maxed. Lol! I had to add some mids for clarity but I love it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Nice -thanks! Congrats on the plus trade :D
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:15 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Schlatte wrote:

Because it's something different than a guitar sounding like a 65 year old man playing SRV.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Paul_C wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
Schlatte wrote:

I like it because 1) people hate it, 2) it's a bit rubbish and 3) it's very silly.

That's fair, but still just not for me. I don't hate it, though; I just don't get it.

lordgalvar wrote:Because it's something different than a guitar sounding like a 65 year old man playing SRV.

I think I get what you're saying; it's something different, but the qualifier of not sounding like a 65 year old man playing SRV kind of fits a whole host of pedals I would be more interested in than the Miku. For instance, ring mods; there are dozens of ring mods I'd buy before considering the Miku and I'd be hard pressed to sound like SRV using a ring mod :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear