Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby goosekevin » Fri May 29, 2020 7:36 pm

just ordered a dreadbox komorebi
wanted something misty caveish that wasnt the misty cave bc i didnt jive with the lfo on it that much. this seems to hopefully do that and also fill my chorusy mod needs tooooooooo
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goosekevin » Fri May 29, 2020 7:37 pm

really just want an aluminium neck jazzmaster tho and kind of wanna sell 75% of my gear to make it happen
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:56 pm

finally here!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Schlatte » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:22 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:finally here!

holy shit, that's beautiful! :eek:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 am

Sold the Bakfram..so it was finally time.
Got a Minilogue XD incoming. :joy: :omg: :!!!:

I apologize in advance for the noob questions i'm gonna make in the synth thread during the next weeks.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:32 am

TV/monitors got damaged in shipping, so, delays... :mad:
In the meantime, here is the first teaser shot of the new system specs, having worked out the ram issue with detailed re-installation instructions from ASRock tech support...the CPU hovers right around 3.9 - 4.2 most of the time, sometimes idles down to 3.88 but that's about as low as she goes.

Also got all my softwarez installed, Soundforge, Vegas, After Effects & Continuum, Photoshop, and for a little bonus I also nabbed Adobe Character Animator, can't wait to check that out. I had to go with the newest versions of all of them because old CS6 stuff and other old programs like Corel and Topaz plugins were fucking up my Windows and making my taskbar unusable every time I installed them. It was a bitch to figure out, I had to reset Windows several times in one night to get there. The new versions of photoshop and AE are missing a few of my favorite effects now, but I will just have to adapt for that.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:25 am

Just installed the Radeon software for my video card and it has a record desktop function, with optional mic/voiceover. God Damn is that nice, for a while I was fretting over what to buy for an internal/PCI video capture card for just such a purpose, and it turns out I don't need anything. I was also looking at TV tuner/DVR cards, for watching and recording local antenna TV on the PC, but it looks like the external/USB options are way better all around for that. So, I have two unused PCI slots on my Micro ATX motherboard (Micro ATX means it's got less connections and is smaller than a regular ATX, which is the most common standard, for those who don't know about this shit yet), and there's nothing I need to put in these slots, and it's probably for the best. I could have done a double GPU setup, but don't have a use for it right now that I know of. If I get into some new software that demands it I can always upgrade. I also have plenty of the new superfast USB built right into the mobo, and the case, so I don't need a Thunderbolt card either. I guess what I'm saying is, I no longer feel the need to FILL EVERY HOLE. My whole entire machine is 12 separately purchased parts, plus the monitor, which is now straight representin' the number 13.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Having bought the Volca Modular I thought I was done, but on another, UK based forum there's been a lot of discussion about the Chase Bliss Mood, so I finally took a look at a couple of YouTube vids. . .

It should be here early next week :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Incoming: Moon Customs pedalboard. Custom ordered this awhile back, it’s in the mail now and should be here soon.

KO Amps Power Boost is still clearing customs :idk:

Also got this wild thing, which probably deserves its own post/thread once I have a little more experience with it: Image https://mas-effects.square.site/product/mimirs-well/2
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:35 pm

10% off coupon + spare change on a gift card + open box Subharmonicon on ebay = incoming :!!!:
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 pm

mathias wrote:Incoming: Moon Customs pedalboard. Custom ordered this awhile back, it’s in the mail now and should be here soon.

KO Amps Power Boost is still clearing customs :idk:

Also got this wild thing, which probably deserves its own post/thread once I have a little more experience with it: rad.png https://mas-effects.square.site/product/mimirs-well/2

Please do! That looks really cool and the UI looks great! The screen makes me worry about using it anywhere outside of my apartment (or even in my apartment, I’m very clumsy).

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:05 am

yass! you had me at "oil can" which you could have just crayon scribbled, but dat screen :snax: :snax: :snax:

Me, I ordered 3 acoustic guitar gig bags off Reverb, because I needed one and a coupla others were fairly raggedy. They sent me 8. :excellent:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Dandolin wrote:Me, I ordered 3 acoustic guitar gig bags off Reverb, because I needed one and a coupla others were fairly raggedy. They sent me 8. :excellent:

solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:37 pm

:lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:29 am

Quadraverb 2, which sounds awesome... except it doesn't work half the time without an entire voodoo ritual of powering up and down, unplugging cables and tapping on the top in different places.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear