The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby aens_wife » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:24 pm

They also cant legally *not* pay you for work you did. You can file a claim with your state agency. It takes a while but might be worth it just to say fuck you.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 pm

It was under the table employment, and I've known them since I was 6. As much fun as the local government would have coming down on them (and they would, the owners are pretty difficult), I don't have a case to stand on and I'd feel shitty if I did. My last paycheck probably wouldn't really be worth it. Besides, now they have to get someone new to deep clean the bar, haul kegs, inventory, etc every monday, and considering it's not a very successful bar, the knowledge that that will be a difficult is comfort enough
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Dapper Bandit » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:08 pm

That's super shitty, I'm sorry to hear that.

Today I made the mistake of getting baited into a debate with an "enlightened centrist" alt-right apologist. The clues were there but still I cohldn't help myself. Constantly whatabouting when asked about neo nazi murder stats.
Then 2 other members came in with the "antifa are as bad as nazis" and I had to nope out.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:26 pm

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 pm

God that is so stupid.

Imagine that kid in X location that would love one of those guitars cause they can't afford a new one.
Faldoe

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm

All things considered, this really says a lot about how much Gibson gives a shit about their guitars. I remember how they went on and on about how the guitar finishes were symbolic of the disaster that happened to their factory in Nashville, and how the swirl finish supposedly came about because of all the dyes and finishes that mixed in the flood waters.
All they really needed to do was gut the guitars and sell them for parts or give them away and that probably would've gotten them significantly better PR than this stunt. :whateva:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:33 am

I don't think this guys with Gibson, but it looks like he had a hand in tearing down the Memphis Gibson factory. I wonder how they got their hands on all these?

Edit: So really, my best guess, is these somehow got to the Memphis factory for storage because Gibson Nashville thought they'd sell a lot more than they had made (or something to that effect), and after a while with needed the extra room for all their main production lines. Then, folks just forgot about it until these yahoos were there to gut the Gibson Memphis factory and found all of em. If that's the case, my guess would be that Gibson was uninformed of all this stock and either these guys decided "fuck it" and went ahead and did this, or that Gibson somehow no longer has claim over the items in it seeing how this is a few months since their lease was up.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 am

I worked at that factory for a couple months when I was like 21..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:47 pm

TraceItalian wrote:I don't think this guys with Gibson, but it looks like he had a hand in tearing down the Memphis Gibson factory. I wonder how they got their hands on all these?

Edit: So really, my best guess, is these somehow got to the Memphis factory for storage because Gibson Nashville thought they'd sell a lot more than they had made (or something to that effect), and after a while with needed the extra room for all their main production lines. Then, folks just forgot about it until these yahoos were there to gut the Gibson Memphis factory and found all of em. If that's the case, my guess would be that Gibson was uninformed of all this stock and either these guys decided "fuck it" and went ahead and did this, or that Gibson somehow no longer has claim over the items in it seeing how this is a few months since their lease was up.

He gave an interview where he explains that he worked for Gibson doing this stuff and it was all official. In fact, he say this stunt was done with Gibson execs/reps/whatever standing right next to him and telling people to film so that they had proof of the destruction. On his channel there's another video where they're taking finished 335's without hardware, snapping the necks off and cutting the bodies in half on a band saw. It's pretty sad.
The guy was talking about how Gibson started getting real hardcore about everything coming out of the factory being 100% perfect and that they'd destroy guitars if they got blemishes.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:48 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:I don't think this guys with Gibson, but it looks like he had a hand in tearing down the Memphis Gibson factory. I wonder how they got their hands on all these?

He gave an interview where he explains that he worked for Gibson doing this stuff and it was all official. In fact, he say this stunt was done with Gibson execs/reps/whatever standing right next to him and telling people to film so that they had proof of the destruction. On his channel there's another video where they're taking finished 335's without hardware, snapping the necks off and cutting the bodies in half on a band saw. It's pretty sad.
The guy was talking about how Gibson started getting real hardcore about everything coming out of the factory being 100% perfect and that they'd destroy guitars if they got blemishes.

Ah, well then they're just dicks.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 am

jrfox92 wrote:The guy was talking about how Gibson started getting real hardcore about everything coming out of the factory being 100% perfect and that they'd destroy guitars if they got blemishes.

Based on what one encounters on 49/50 guitars at any of their dealers short of Wildwood, Gibson and I have very different definitions of "hardcore", "perfect", "blemishes" and maybe even "100%".
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Snufkino » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:03 am

Why are their so many enablers of this bullshit in the world? Like not one sad fuck at Gibson said anything along the lines of "shall we maybe not just auction them off for charity"? Is Trump Gibson? In Self-Destruction We Trust. *Slashes own grinning face to "own the Libs/Fender"*

In other mild irritations, my sleeping pattern is all over the goddamn place, and I' sure I had a mini-stroke the other day. Woke up with cramp in my calf muscle and felt nauseous and dizzy to the point of almost fainting. The fuck was all that about? My body is trying to kill itself without my permission. Fuck you, body. You'll go when I tell you.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby 01010111 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Does anybody else have days where they just want to put on Bob Marley and cry?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Well, maybe not Bob Marley, but, yeah. :hug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 am

i like this one on repeat:

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion