Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Muse FTW » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Anyone here using Metron yet?

For a while I considered making my rack smaller, but now I'm realizing that I'd be spending even more money on more cases and at this point I should just enjoy having a big rack. :eek:

SWN is on my radar. Really want a Planar 2, as well. Getting woo'd again by the Rainmaker.

Lord have mercy on my wallet.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 pm

fuck me i am so god damn frustrated with the Malekko VGates. i LOVE how they work, but i can not get them to be run well by Pam's. i've tried everything i can think of and the best i can get is to have VGate to reset right, but then stutter on the first beat and then run a beat behind.

does anybody have theirs running right? i would fucking LOVE to use them, but i would have to start programming a beat behind. which fucks with my head.

uff. same exact issue with 8+ and 4+.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Muse FTW wrote:Anyone here using Metron yet?

Yeah! It's awesome. I haven't even really dove in yet, but I've never had something where I can just think of a beat and make it. Or just hit random and have it do it for me. But there's lots of level and performance capabilities. They're also super receptive to suggestions. Highly recommended! Also, wtch the 12(!) video tutorials WMD has posted. It lays it out super well. (See my previous post for a couple more thoughts, too!)

behndy wrote:I have a love/hate relationship with this thing that Metron could totally replace.

JUST GET A METRON ALREADY!!! Oh... wait... you already purchased one, right? :lol:
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:53 am

lol. yeah. ordered. i am EXCITE.

not totally clicking with the Rene 2 either, sort of want a second FLXS. anyone looking for a Rene, hit me up. gonna list soon i think.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 pm

I got my 16n and I have so much regret getting the wood panel. It looks so, so bad :facepalm:

Oh well, I'll cover it in stickers or make a new one I guess. I still haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, but I'm really excited to pair my H9 with it. It's going to be so nice to actually have controls for each parameter! I hope the H9 takes my modular well, because that's my current plan.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby worra » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:49 am

MrNovember wrote:I got my 16n and I have so much regret getting the wood panel. It looks so, so bad :facepalm:

Oh well, I'll cover it in stickers or make a new one I guess. I still haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, but I'm really excited to pair my H9 with it. It's going to be so nice to actually have controls for each parameter! I hope the H9 takes my modular well, because that's my current plan.

Oh no dude! The aluminum panel I got looks pretty good. I know the wood panels are a veneer, wanna share a photo with us to see what's making it look bad?
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 am

It's definitely not a manufacturing issue or anything. It just looks like a cheap 80s fake wood veneer. Not really sure what I was expecting :idk: I should have just forked over the money for the aluminum panel.

I'll share a picture later tonight or tomorrow when I'm home from work.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

vidret wrote:voltage block freezing up a couple of times in the last few months have put me off having it as the brain to my euro.

I'm thinking maybe get 2x pressure points with brains, since they get you gate outs too for the sequence - but I'd be down to one 16-step sequence. This is hard.

Trying to find the module that sits between the verbos multistage sequencer and the voltage block.

Somewhere in there between is the perfect sequencer.

That sucks that Voltage Block is being shitty. I hope mine does not freeze up!

Have you considered the STILLSON HAMMER?
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:49 pm

i wannnnted to love the Stilson HAMMAH. it's a Metropolis with 4 outs and way more control. YES PLEASE.

but. hated the interface. for me, way not enough feedback for a slider based sequencer.

dooood the FLXS. THE FLUXXXXXX SEXXXXXX. SO GOOD.

got my Sinc Bucina in, Ruina and CIP should be in by Saturday?

redid my whole rack, drums are Metron/Blck_Noir/Transient on the left, melodic stuff based around the FLXS and Arpitecht on the right. super excited to play with the Sinc Bucci Bucci today.

also, never had any problems with my VBlocks freeze wise. thing is a BEAST. still a bit sad i couldna get the VGates sexy sync'd.

SAD.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm

behndy wrote:
redid my whole rack, drums are Metron/Blck_Noir/Transient on the left, melodic stuff based around the FLXS and Arpitecht on the right. super excited to play with the Sinc Bucci Bucci today.

Nice. I look forward to seeing / hearing some drums demos with that set-up. The BLCK_NOIR is not for me (don't love the way it sounds and have all the other drum modules) but v. curious about the capabilities of the METRON.

For sequencing lately I am in love with the Trigger Riot + Beast-Tek Amoeba combo. Riot for precision hits, Amoeba for that good generative spice. Boom bap.

Lastly, the DFAM is so dope. I use it every day for sick fucking hats. It rules at hats, man. Then also it can do a million other things. Have just begun to explore some self-patching stuff which leads into infinity and I can see forever.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Finally messed around with the 16n today and I actually don't mind the wood panel as much any more. I think I might just need to change the knobs. Not sure to what, but the black/grey combo doesn't really go well.
Either way, it is super fun! I was really enjoying using it to control the Nebulae
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Soooo, I sold my Sub 37 and reinvested the money in a 4U Intellijel case, some 1U modules, and a Cold Mac. It's basically going to be the same setup as that picture above, but with a Cold Mac, Veils, Ears, and Radio Music. And it will be much more portable since it's not connected to my TV.

One of these days I do intend to build a small video synth rack with that HEK and TV.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Muse FTW » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Looks like Muffwigger is down and the sole owner is being a twat despite receiving $1k a month in Patreon support and other donations during last year's fundraiser.

Link on reddit where an admin of MW is discussing it: https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/commen ... e/elfr341/

Looks like he ran out of patience too.

In other news, Easter sales are active which is awesome! Might pick up a few things.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:39 pm

vidret wrote:if all those were black that'd be pretty good lookin imo.

Yeah I think that's the way I'll end up going. It will look a lot cleaner.

Muse FTW wrote:Looks like Muffwigger is down and the sole owner is being a twat despite receiving $1k a month in Patreon support and other donations during last year's fundraiser.

Link on reddit where an admin of MW is discussing it: https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/commen ... e/elfr341/

Looks like he ran out of patience too.

Honestly, not surprised and not upset about it. I haven't been a fan of that place for a long while. I've seen way too many toxic interactions over there. We should just make an ilovemodular subforum over here like the ilovedoom one.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Antlerface » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 pm

You’re telling me a 572 page thread about shit behndy bought isn’t good enough for you?
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear