BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby cantremember » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Damn this looks like its gonna be awesome!
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 am

Wow, this thing looks NUTS!!! subscribed!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby elefontpress » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Pladask wrote:Some progress! :)* :)* :)*

This. Is. Fantastic!

Where do I sign up? :!!!:
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby wolflangis » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 pm

:eek:
wolflangis

interested
interested

Postby Pladask » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:39 pm

My phone broke so I don't have photos to show for it, but the hardware prototype is assembled and the admin code is working. Satisfying to flip the lights with the CLOCK knob! Hope to test audio code later this week.

Hardware observation:
As with the previous version of the pedal the LOOP/REGEN pot gives the option for either buffer looping at MID <-> MAX (similar to the FABRIKAT LOOP parameter), and regeneration/feedback at MID <-> MIN. Now the additional (left) footswitch will only allow to MAX the LOOP/REGEN knob which yields maximum buffer looping. Ideally I'd like to be able to select if the knob should be set to either maximum feedback or looping when the footswitch is activated, but I don't believe there is a good way to implement the functionality and the necessary interface information without complicating the build. Unless some very very compelling arguments are presented I will keep the hardware as it is.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Pladask wrote:My phone broke so I don't have photos to show for it, but the hardware prototype is assembled and the admin code is working. Satisfying to flip the lights with the CLOCK knob! Hope to test audio code later this week.

Hardware observation:
As with the previous version of the pedal the LOOP/REGEN pot gives the option for either buffer looping at MID <-> MAX (similar to the FABRIKAT LOOP parameter), and regeneration/feedback at MID <-> MIN. Now the additional (left) footswitch will only allow to MAX the LOOP/REGEN knob which yields maximum buffer looping. Ideally I'd like to be able to select if the knob should be set to either maximum feedback or looping when the footswitch is activated, but I don't believe there is a good way to implement the functionality and the necessary interface information without complicating the build. Unless some very very compelling arguments are presented I will keep the hardware as it is.

Thinking about the way either side would be used - is there a way to have that switch work the way the bypass switch works with different results from press and hold than press and release? Press and release could max the knob for holding the loop. Press and hold could go to min to ramp up to max feedback. Surely thats a completely different set of functions than just changing bypass state but it would be cool.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:27 am

Audio code tested and working. Will need some minor refinements. A happy mistake happened with the "both lower and upper octave" code. It's very glitchy, but kinda crazy and cool. Might keep it as is. Will have a lot of office work time the next 2 weeks so aiming to have the PCBA and pre-drill design files ready this month. I'll order parts this Autumn for 50 units. However unless we have a big break through with the FAB production these wont be available until early 2020. :)* :)* :)*
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:42 am

"very glitchy, but kinda crazy and cool"
:love: :drool: :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:19 am

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby elefontpress » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 am

Pladask wrote:Had some leftover time on a trip recently and decided to revisit this thing. Haven't tested anything yet, but I think both the code and graphics look promising. Hopefully I'll be able to test it some time this Autumn. Below is the current graphic displayed with a gerber viewer (won't be so colorful). The red sections would be exposed FR4 backlit by LEDs.

The system clock parameter doubles as a program selector when in momentary bypass. Additional footswitch to maximize the looping. Ditching the grain direction switch and instead offering both forward and backward granular delay/stretching. Random vibrato (MOD) to make it more lively. The core schematic for this thing is laughably simple so it was fun to see how much functionality I could squeeze into it without adding too much extra circuitry.

Feedback is welcome :)* :joy:

Minor critique: the symbols for octave selection should be -/+ rather than ÷/+ ? My brain is melting a bit at the idea of a division based octave. :idk:
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:46 am

Octave effects have been called Octave Dividers for decades. Divide a frequency by 2, get an octave down.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby elefontpress » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Fair point! But then shouldn’t we pick a system? Subtraction/addition or division/multiplication?
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby Pladask » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 pm

elefontpress wrote:Minor critique: the symbols for octave selection should be -/+ rather than ÷/+ ? My brain is melting a bit at the idea of a division based octave. :idk:

Good point. I think I intended for a minus sign, but have ended up with a division sign for some reason. How bout changing them to up and down arrows?
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:12 pm

In elementary school I'm pretty sure we used ÷ for minus and / for division. I have no idea why. Maybe it was easier to read? Norway be crazy?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:55 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:In elementary school I'm pretty sure we used ÷ for minus and / for division. I have no idea why. Maybe it was easier to read? Norway be crazy?

UC and his false memories :lol: ..but I'll change it to something more internationally accepted
Pladask

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk