The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 am

I thought season 2 of Mindhunter was quite a bit weaker than season 1.less focused and more wishy-washy. Not bad, just not as good.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

sooooo i have this dilemma with Dark. really want to watch it, but i pretty much only watch stuff at work. where about half of it i rely on the subtiltles because Loud Things are happening. that never impedes enjoying a story, but there is so much talk of the amazing score on Dark i'd feel like i'm missing a big part of the viewing experience.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 pm

behndy wrote:sooooo i have this dilemma with Dark. really want to watch it, but i pretty much only watch stuff at work. where about half of it i rely on the subtiltles because Loud Things are happening. that never impedes enjoying a story, but there is so much talk of the amazing score on Dark i'd feel like i'm missing a big part of the viewing experience.

Yeah, that's a really good score. Ben Frost is excellent
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:04 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I thought season 2 of Mindhunter was quite a bit weaker than season 1.less focused and more wishy-washy. Not bad, just not as good.

I don't disagree. I said this to my colleague who also watches it. Some arcs were a bit unbelievable. But I thought other arcs were intense (the whole investigation in the last three episodes). Totally less focused, I agree. But again, to me, the intensity of the last three episodes made up for it (I don't think this is a spoiler, but they really dropped the ball on Wendy's arc, the whole fall out of season 1, and further interviews with serial killers [the whole data acquisition of the show]).

I'm just a sucker for a good detective arc where they slowly build a case. The last three episodes actually reminded me in terms of tone and pacing of the last half of the movie CRUISING.

Spoiler Alert, this is mainly for UglyCasanova:
NSFW: show
They REALLY dropped the ball on the Manson interviews (including the family) too. That was probably the biggest "let down" for me. The actor who played Manson, Damon Herriman, is a casting wet dream! Hence why they cast him in ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD too. He was on this show QUARRY, and was phenomenal in it. It only lasted one season. Pretty sure I was the only person that watched it. The show wasn't great, all the actors were though.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Prime has a whole bunch of episodes of "Classic Albums". Awesome show, each episode is totally unique. Highly recommended. The episodes on Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" are particularly strong.
-
-
---"Actually I just like fuzz as a friend"---
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:08 am

I didn't think I'd be interested in Stranger Things but it's so good. Season 3 was fuckin crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:07 am

Still need to watch that one. I loved Season 1 and wasn't as impressed by Season 2 but multiple people have told me 3 is great.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 am

murrrrrrrrr. so. like. STILL have that stupid Edgy Teenager It's Not A PHASE MOM thing where i inherently don't want to like popular things. it's stupid, and i've gotten over it most times. but MAN does Stranger Things trigger that.

i watched the first season and it was.... okay? not bad at all, but didna get all the love. every time i'm out of things to watch i ALMOST click on ST, but then get that NOOOOO Shiver, and watch Bojack again or something.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 pm

S1 was p good but it got too much hyped between 1and 2 and it now stinks of being too-popular
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adamajah » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 am

Just finished Dark season 2. Dayum. Glad I stuck it out and looking forward to S3.

I still want to finish Stranger Things S3 but it hasn’t held my interest nearly as much as the first two seasons which I gobbled up fast.
I’m not sure why ... maybe the 80’s nostalgia thing has worn off leaving the show having to stand up on its own lol
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:02 am

I was never the 'biggest' Nicholas Winding Refn fan (Exception being ONLY GOD FORGIVES, that is a masterpiece)... but TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG might change that. This is checking off so many boxes of "what I want a show to be"... and stuff I didn't know I wanted. I watched the first three episodes last night which are all feature film length. Ed Brubaker is the co-writer which I contributing to my praise (FATALE, amoung his other comics, was the shit). I'll also watch anything with Jenna Malone :lol: . Cliff Martinez did the score (you can tell right away) and that also just... elevates everything.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:54 am

Dave Chapelle has a new special on Netflix that is AWESOME.
Faldoe

Postby behndy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:54 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I was never the 'biggest' Nicholas Winding Refn fan (Exception being ONLY GOD FORGIVES, that is a masterpiece)... but TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG might change that. This is checking off so many boxes of "what I want a show to be"... and stuff I didn't know I wanted. I watched the first three episodes last night which are all feature film length. Ed Brubaker is the co-writer which I contributing to my praise (FATALE, amoung his other comics, was the shit). I'll also watch anything with Jenna Malone :lol: . Cliff Martinez did the score (you can tell right away) and that also just... elevates everything.

Brubaker did that hard as butts gangster/cops graphic novel series? pffffffft. it's been FOREVER since i've been up with comics. but i like NWR. i'm the opposite, i loved Drive, thought Only God Forgives gets better with each watching, but is... okay? feels like it's trying a little too hard?

started Old Die Young Butts and it's goooood. almost done with the first episode. as much as i like Ryan Gosling, my brother and i have had a running gag where any time we watch a movie he stars in we start it with, "so barely talking emotionally distant plausibly shattered, WHEN WILL BE THE ONE LOUD ANGRY SCENE?". but watching the main white cop, it feels like mebbe Refnenenrhn taught that to Gosling?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:10 pm

@bendy... For episode 2 get ready for even more “context”. Pacing wise, this is my dream show. It’s so expansive.
Episode 3 is even more context but it all starts coming together. Episode 2 is so brilliant in that... it could probably just be a stand alone film.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 pm

nice! yes. BIG fan of long format exploration for artists that excel with that much space?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion