Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the modulator masses

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby crochambeau » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 pm

No reason to feel bad, any push, critique, or enthusiasm is beneficial. :hug:

edit: mic pres are absolutely going to be a thing, I'll populate or create the relevant thread once I solve the energy crisis.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:59 pm

$harkToootth wrote:EDIT: Oh one more thing for motivation... I know for a fact ibarakishi want crochambeu style mic pre-amps. I'm sure others do too :thumb: :lol:

Yeah that sounds pretty tasty. Also, that Monobius looks super tasty.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 am

$harkToootth wrote:
EDIT: Oh one more thing for motivation... I know for a fact ibarakishi want crochambeu style mic pre-amps. I'm sure others do too :thumb: :lol:

for the love of all that is sane in the world, please do this soon. i have next to zero interest in anything custom or boutique in the world of music equipment these days, but this is one unicorn that would draw me out of hiding. it would be a dream to be given a test unit to record a record or project with to really through it through the ringer like i do with all my equipment each time i record to see what comes out of it...
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 am

p.s. in recording a project currently, the tetanus booster that you revised in the tourbox is on nearly every take i have done with an electric instrument at this point. its staying with me for life in all its saturated and blown out radio signal catching glory
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm

ibarakishi wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:
EDIT: Oh one more thing for motivation... I know for a fact ibarakishi want crochambeu style mic pre-amps. I'm sure others do too :thumb: :lol:

for the love of all that is sane in the world, please do this soon. i have next to zero interest in anything custom or boutique in the world of music equipment these days, but this is one unicorn that would draw me out of hiding. it would be a dream to be given a test unit to record a record or project with to really through it through the ringer like i do with all my equipment each time i record to see what comes out of it...

:love:

I'll level with ya, it's sitting at this state right now, waiting for me to resolve a power supply puzzle:

So, soon? Soonish? I'm terrible, I'll try and make development complete in less than a year :lol:

Back on topic, here's something that's done:

I recommend jumping past my blathering and onto the sounds unless you want a dose of "talking about it". 7 minutes and 36 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxXWT-nWbk&t=7m36s (the time link shortcut is also in the youtube description)
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 pm

Listenin' to you blather now. The soundtrack's pretty good. Haven't even gotten to 7m36s yet. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 pm

I haven't gone on youtube today otherwise my feed would have told me about that Cracken. You really did it this time Crochambeu!!!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Listenin' to you blather now. The soundtrack's pretty good. Haven't even gotten to 7m36s yet. :thumb:

Ring mod mode does not engage until 10:33 :thumb:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 pm

… and it sounds great when it does! :love: Fuzz sounds fantastic too! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:19 pm

crochambeau wrote:That Cloudscapes concept is magnificent.

If it's still under design may I ask if there's a way to tap or port that carrier waveform to the outside world? Being able to exploit another leg of that signal with other things (in addition to the 633 multiplier on board) could result in interesting user experiences.

Kind of already there. I have an 'osc mix' knob so the thing could be used as a drone synth, not just a ringmod. if I were to revise this board, I guess I could make it as an extra output jack as well.

don't know if I posted this clip/jam using said ringmod. I use it as a sound source as well.

a lot of the time I have jus tthe ringmod mix blended in, just the osc blended in, or both. the bit that starts 4 mins in is a good example of mostly pure carrier output being quadrature modulated with a phase offset. (not sequenced)

I'm working on making a standalone dronebox that uses an expanded version of the quadrature-modulated carrier stuff going on here. with filters, more oscillators, more ways to patch the modulation (pitch and shape, as well as amplitude). and I'm making more than one because a very good friend asked for one, which also means I'm probably making more than two. buuuuuuut that's for for another thread since it's semi-off-topic.
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 pm

:!!!: :drool:

I do love me a ring mod
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:27 pm

If I was better with photoshop I would change the poster of HARD TO BE A GOD, to HARD TO BE A MOD.
NSFW: show
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:11 pm

I need more RMA and ring mod in my life. I love my Tetanus Booster and that Monobius Varient looks ridiculous
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm

MrNovember wrote:I need more RMA and ring mod in my life. I love my Tetanus Booster and that Monobius Varient looks ridiculous

Yeah dude I love my monobius. It's so fantastic, and I'd recommend it to everyone.

Also I want a sonic crayon ring mod. :love:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 pm

$harkToootth wrote:If I was better with photoshop I would change the poster of HARD TO BE A GOD, to HARD TO BE A MOD.
NSFW: show

:joy: love that film! :love:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear