stamme[n] V3

Moderator: drolo

Re: stamme[n] V3

Postby Seance » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:17 pm

This isn't really a "vs" video so much as a vis-a-vis video where V1 and V3 Stamme[n] (or is that "Stamme[ae]"?) are fed
some BA Marq Won fuzz and then a few select "loops" captured in Mode3 of the CT5.

All the visuals are from my favorite shots of the silent film Häxan (1922), which was directed by Benjamin Christensen.
Who doesn't love dioramas made in order to illustrate various worldviews?
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:15 pm

:thumb: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seance » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote::thumb: :love:

:thumb:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 am

Seance wrote:This isn't really a "vs" video so much as a vis-a-vis video where V1 and V3 Stamme[n] (or is that "Stamme[ae]"?) are fed
some BA Marq Won fuzz and then a few select "loops" captured in Mode3 of the CT5.

All the visuals are from my favorite shots of the silent film Häxan (1922), which was directed by Benjamin Christensen.

Love this, and also love Christensen. First saw Haxan thanks to a lesson on expressionism during my university years. :thumb:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby drolo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:44 am

Seance wrote:This isn't really a "vs" video so much as a vis-a-vis video where V1 and V3 Stamme[n] (or is that "Stamme[ae]"?) are fed

Nice one!
I'll check that movie out, looks really interesting
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Dope Seance. I love how it builds from a couple threads into a full blown orchestra. Have you tried putting some kind of filter pedal at the end? That could help with some final frequency molding. Shallow Water would be choice. Or just use the CT5 filter functions even. :!!!:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Seance » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 pm

drolo wrote:

Nice one!
I'll check that movie out, looks really interesting

Thanks, David!

Häxan is interesting. Basically a "documentary", but with lots of staged re-enactments and dioramas
and then shots of woodblock prints from old books like the Malleus Maleficarum.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 pm

adamajah wrote:

Dope Seance. I love how it builds from a couple threads into a full blown orchestra. Have you tried putting some kind of filter pedal at the end? That could help with some final frequency molding. Shallow Water would be choice. Or just use the CT5 filter functions even. :!!!:

Thanks, Adamjah!

I haven't put a filter pedal at the end, but I do like using the filter function on frozen notes with the Stamme[n].
I'm afraid to admit I haven't really messed with the filter functions on the CT5 because I can never remember how
to access those secondary/tertiary functions outside of transcendence (a must-have feature). But I might try to
put the BitQuest at the end of the chain and see what filtering and mayhem I can achieve.

With the V3 Stamme[n] I like how you can click a button and basically turn it into a reverb. I also like that it seems
to have a bit of a flanger in one of the modes (can't remember how I accessed it, but it sounded flanged to me).
Fun stuff.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Here is the last few minutes of that 33-minute first splash with the Stamme[n] V1 & V3 pedals.

For the visuals I edited together a few clips from Buster Keaton's amazing film Sherlock Jr. (1924).

Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:46 am

Seance wrote:Here is the last few minutes of that 33-minute first splash with the Stamme[n] V1 & V3 pedals.

For the visuals I edited together a few clips from Buster Keaton's amazing film Sherlock Jr. (1924).

ah man that's amazing! Not sure how much work you put into making it seem so fitting and synced to the footage or if it was just a miraculous lucky combination but it's perfect!
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm

drolo wrote:
Seance wrote:Here is the last few minutes of that 33-minute first splash with the Stamme[n] V1 & V3 pedals.

ah man that's amazing! Not sure how much work you put into making it seem so fitting and synced to the footage or if it was just a miraculous lucky combination but it's perfect!

Thanks, David!

I edited the visuals to match the audio track.

I didn't edit the audio at all. That's just how it came together live with
no overdubs while turning knobs. I think for the first abrupt sonic change
If I recall correctly I had the CT5 mix all the way down at first and kept the
mix down while I randomly "recorded" some of the Stamm[ae] with the CT5
and that sudden change happened when I turned the Mix knob on the CT5 to
reveal what I'd inadvertently put in there (which I then tried to riff off of).

Fun stuff!
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:22 pm

For this hand-painted 35mm scratch animation that I made I used a Stamme[n]
on the soundtrack.

Thanks again, David, for making such a fantastic and dynamic pedal.

https://vimeo.com/381368427

Pedals used (but I can't remember the specific order):

Basic Audio Fuzz Mutant
Montreal Assembly Your & You're
Montreal Assembly Count To Five
CooperFX Outward
Drolo Stamme[n]
Dr. Scientist BitQuest!
Boss RE-20
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:15 am

Not sure I had seen the whole video before, I think just snippets in IG, it's beautiful! Both visually and audibly :)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:06 pm

drolo wrote:

Not sure I had seen the whole video before, I think just snippets in IG, it's beautiful! Both visually and audibly :)

Thanks, David.
Yes. I'd only put a few short bits on IG before. Now the whole kit and caboodle is on Vimeo.
Thanks for watching and for being (through the Stamme[n]) such an integral part of the fabric of the soundtrack.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Just landed a Stamme[n]! pumped!!! Was hoping to snag both the Stamme[n] and the Molecular Disruptor, but went for the Stamme[n] first and by the time I checked out the Molecular Disruptors were gone. Seems like Stamme[n] are still available though. I guess I did it backwards and should have gone for the Molecular Disruptor first? :idk:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to drolo