The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 am

Switch has some shooters, but xbox360, Dreamcast, and Saturn still reign. I was just being hopeful that m2 would pull out a surprise collection...

They are doing a special version of Darius for the genesis mini (which also has thunder force III and good 'ol gunstar heroes).

Switch does have psyvariar now. I wish they would have added psyvariar 2 instead of just the first one (revision?) And an arrange mode. Other than that, mostly just the Darius and psikyo collections.

There is that one Mecha one that is pretty fun and we'll made (edlweiss I think). The other ones I've played have been pretty weak. Just looked though and I forgot I downloaded this one good one that reminds me of Gaia seed for ps1 but much better
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 am

OMG...I did not know there's gonna be a Genesis mini!!!! That's my entire childhood in that games list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:50 am

So, E3 so far.
Fuckin' Keanu Reeves Cyberpunk 2077 fuck yeah.
Fuckin' The Punisher in Ghost Recon, that's pretty cool.
Watch Dogs 3: basically just Cyberpunk 2077 but made by Ubisoft.
I guess Ubi thinks Rainbow 6 fans want to play a zombie alien game?
Uhhhhhhhhhh, honorable mentions: Outer Worlds, Deathloop, Doom, Halo, Borderlands, I guess.

Also, fuck Bethesda.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:41 am

Hmm FFVII comes shipped with 2 Bluray disks. I wonder if the Chapter rumor was scrapped or was just badly explained to begin with.

jrfox92 wrote:I guess Ubi thinks Rainbow 6 fans want to play a zombie alien game?

I kinda dug Outbreak, but Siege has pretty established characters so it's cool seeing Ela and Vigil...I don't know if it's worth a full price game. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:11 am

Just saw the second ff7 trailer with Tifa. If that doesn't get your heart aflutterin’ and your eyes a-weepin’ the either you haven't been obsessed with video games for decades or YOU HAVE NO SOUL
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Andrew wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:I guess Ubi thinks Rainbow 6 fans want to play a zombie alien game?

I kinda dug Outbreak, but Siege has pretty established characters so it's cool seeing Ela and Vigil...I don't know if it's worth a full price game. :idk:

The main "this is fucking dumb" part, to me, is that people have wanted a campaign R6 game since Patriots was announced. I know that they broke up Patriots into Siege, The Division, and Wildlands, but the fact that, rather than unveil a PvE R6 game that's actually related to the already established terrorist storyline in Siege, they apparently decided the best thing to do is compete with zombie horde games just doesn't make sense.
Like, does Ubi not realize that Doom's about to release? Or Halo?
Granted, even the counter-terrorist path is about to get fucked on by Ready or Not, but it's still stupid to go so far out of left field that the only thing that makes it recognizable as an upcoming Rainbow game is that they threw in two random Siege characters that weren't even part of Outbreak. :rant:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 pm

The probably started development after they heard about that metal gear solid game haha. or took a left turn during development, "oh, that's an awesome idea we could do!"
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby calfzilla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Sorry guys, I was making a sarcastic joke about the FFVII release. I just remembered how hard they teased KHIII/FF live action or whatever it was while PS3 was reigning supreme and then they got pushed back to PS4 titles, so, yeah... I didn't think I needed to add a /s tag but *shrug*
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm

My heart is blasting nintendo-red blood through my body.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:52 pm

In other news, I guess Ubi has really shit the bed with Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
Apparently they think that everyone really fucking loves playing shooter RPG's with tiered weapons, especially in a game THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING TACTICAL SHOOTER. :picard:
I know I shouldn't be surprised that they would decide to move in the exact opposite direction of what fans want, but I'm still pissed about it.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 pm

It is like they are team killing you IRL
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:13 pm

-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 am

Genesis games sounded like a robot with diarrhea, but a lot of SNES games had those farty trumpets that made it sound like a mariachi band, so it's kind of a toss-up as to which one was worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 am

Speaking as a woolly Lefty, these Cyberpunk 2077 controversies are so fucking overblown. The genre is more than Neon Purple and Pink with a Robot arm.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:30 am

Andrew wrote:Speaking as a woolly Lefty, these Cyberpunk 2077 controversies are so fucking overblown. The genre is more than Neon Purple and Pink with a Robot arm.

Videogame critic websites are just the fucking worst.
Like that IGN video about CALL OF FUCKING DUTY where they complained about how the demo involved killing terrorists and that there weren't any "non-lethal options". I mean, holy shit, just move to china if you're gonna get so worked up about a war game that actually has some depiction of war and involves killing. :whateva:

I don't understand why these writers seem convinced that all videogames need to be exactly as nuanced as real life. Fuck the source material. Fuck what the game's trying to depict. Fuck that the game is literally being developed in partnership with the creator of the original RPG. Nah, the game's problematic because black people can be enemies in the game and the player character allegedly mocks their pronunciations of certain words.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion