POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How is most babby POTUS formed?

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 am

Good one. :facepalm: (I guess that's what happens when you have a New Yorker in the WH. :idk: )
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 339d48bc0a

Pelosi says Trump is ‘becoming self-impeachable’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that President Trump is “becoming self-impeachable,” pointing to his efforts to fight all subpoenas from congressional investigations and prevent key aides from testifying before Congress.

“The point is that every single day, whether it’s obstruction, obstruction, obstruction — obstruction of having people come to the table with facts, ignoring subpoenas . . . every single day, the president is making a case — he’s becoming self-impeachable, in terms of some of the things that he is doing,” Pelosi said at a Washington Post Live event.

It was not immediately clear what she meant by “self-impeachable.” The House speaker has resisted calls by some members of her party to pursue impeachment proceedings against the president.

On Tuesday, she made a similar argument about Trump’s actions, comparing him to President Richard M. Nixon. She noted that one of the articles of impeachment against Nixon was that he ignored congressional subpoenas.

“That could be part of an impeachable offense,” Pelosi said of Trump at Tuesday’s event, which was hosted by Cornell University. “Every day, he’s obstructing justice by saying, ‘This one shouldn’t testify, that one shouldn’t testify,’ and the rest. So he’s making a case. But he’s just trying to goad us into impeachment.”

Democrats have repeatedly decried Trump’s resistance as stonewalling, maintaining that the president is thwarting Congress’s ability to conduct oversight.

Pelosi’s interview with The Post’s Robert Costa came hours before the House Judiciary Committee was expected to vote to hold Attorney General William P. Barr in contempt for not complying with a subpoena for the full report of a special counsel investigation by Robert S. Mueller III. House Democrats are then expected to take the matter to court to let a judge decide on the merits.

In Wednesday’s interview, Pelosi also mocked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s declaration of “case closed” in the wake of the Mueller investigation.

“Isn’t that so sad? In for a dime, in for a dollar, right?” she said of McConnell (R-Ky.), describing his support for Trump. “You might as well go all the way.”

If Pelosi is starting to loosen the reins then his odds of being convicted by the Senate likely went up. It's obvious she and other senior leadership in the Capitol know somethings we don't. Of course, this is more giving Trump the rope to hang himself with, but she's being far more open about impeachment than she was even a week ago. I admit I had my concerns about her helming the House again, but she seems to perfectly understand how Trump operates and knows exactly how to outfox him and the GOP.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

I wanna know more about this babby POTUS. Is it available for school fairs and children's rumpus events? Or carnival sideshows?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 09, 2019 1:39 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 09, 2019 1:44 pm

So...yes?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 am

Wait, you mean actions have consequences?!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/business ... index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/10/us-sanc ... xpert.html

If the dems were smart they'd push candidates with a strong foreign policy record in addition to Joe and hammer home how they can fix the mess Trump put us in with his arrogant, hawkish, and naïve strategies.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 10, 2019 4:12 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote: in addition to Joe and hammer home how they can fix the mess Trump put us in with his arrogant, hawkish, and naïve strategies.

Blackened Soul wrote:So.. the plan then is keep impeachment in air, run Biden to lose in 2020 but get the senate and more house to pull a Nixon and make Nancy this millennium's Gerald Ford?

:thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:Image

Trump's staff has already concluded that Biden will get the nomination and has already gone on the offensive. Granted he's taken plenty of shots at other candidates ("Crazy Bernie," "Loser Beto," "Nasty Kamala Harris," etc), but given the spike in both Trump's attacks on Biden and the latter's jump in polling I think we know where this is heading.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... on-1316804

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:

Trump's staff has already concluded that Biden will get the nomination and has already gone on the offensive. Granted he's taken plenty of shots at other candidates ("Crazy Bernie," "Loser Beto," "Nasty Kamala Harris," etc), but given the spike in both Trump's attacks on Biden and the latter's jump in polling I think we know where this is heading.

I know all this. and that is the problem. It's same as before. Running a right leaning den against the right doesn't give much of a real difference. Sure you won't have the crazy, but you will still have the corporate controlled evil that will eventually take a 'uge dump and wreck our economy, environment, freedom and so on. And the fact that Trump is hot on Biden means THATS WHO HE WANTS US TO PICK.. or at least who holds his leash [and he has one, don't kid yourself] want to be the "alternate" choice.. it's so nice to live in a democracy where the people get to choose who is best.. it's so nice that we had the electoral college to protect us from a insane populist... its so nice that god really sits on a cloud and we can ride around on flying unicorns and leprechauns are more than a breakfast cereal...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 am

Baby Trump is on Etsy :lol: :lol: :lol: :!!!:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun May 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon May 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote: in addition to Joe and hammer home how they can fix the mess Trump put us in with his arrogant, hawkish, and naïve strategies.

Blackened Soul wrote:So.. the plan then is keep impeachment in air, run Biden to lose in 2020 but get the senate and more house to pull a Nixon and make Nancy this millennium's Gerald Ford?

This meme made me laugh too fucking hard. hahahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

I know all this. and that is the problem. It's same as before. Running a right leaning den against the right doesn't give much of a real difference. Sure you won't have the crazy, but you will still have the corporate controlled evil that will eventually take a 'uge dump and wreck our economy, environment, freedom and so on. And the fact that Trump is hot on Biden means THATS WHO HE WANTS US TO PICK.. or at least who holds his leash [and he has one, don't kid yourself] want to be the "alternate" choice.. it's so nice to live in a democracy where the people get to choose who is best.. it's so nice that we had the electoral college to protect us from a insane populist... its so nice that god really sits on a cloud and we can ride around on flying unicorns and leprechauns are more than a breakfast cereal...

It's because the DNC is just as fucking stupid as the RNC and we all argue that that's not true, but it is. They are greedy assholes who don't give a shit about us. Of course they are going to put that goofball up for their pick. Not only is he creepy (so is Trump) but he's old and probably going senile or will while in office. I say this with a great amount of pain, I would vote for Elizabeth Warren any day over Biden. She's sharp even though I don't like her that much either.

Trump will mostly like win. I just can't see any other way this will go right now.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion