Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Dowi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am

Woozy showed up this morning! Jammed to it with some loops in the last hour and it's a really fun wild thing.
Too bad I got to raise money quickly because of the bad news of the car radiator fucked up, so it's in BST and I hate myself for doing this. If I manage to sell the Atmos I'm definitely keeping it.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Dowi wrote:Woozy showed up this morning! Jammed to it with some loops in the last hour and it's a really fun wild thing.
Too bad I got to raise money quickly because of the bad news of the car radiator fucked up, so it's in BST and I hate myself for doing this. If I manage to sell the Atmos I'm definitely keeping it.

Why don't you go back to reverb you flipper! (just kidding! Sorry about your car. That shit sucks.)
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Jero wrote:
Dowi wrote:Woozy showed up this morning! Jammed to it with some loops in the last hour and it's a really fun wild thing.

Why don't you go back to reverb you flipper! (just kidding! Sorry about your car. That shit sucks.)

Yeah I was expecting somebody to say so :(
Actually I'm not selling it for more than what I paid but for less, so I think this saves me from being in the Reverb Flippers category.
It really is the last piece I needed to complete the board and feel satisfied (at least for some months).
This teaches me a useful lesson, don't invest money in stuff you like if you don't have some backup money for unpredictable events.
Well, if I don't manage to sell it I will keep it and be happy, but right now the only thing that matters is to repair the car.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby univalve » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 am

Maybe sth. i will use more often than any other music gear i recently purchased:
IMG_9790_2.jpg
IMG_9790_2.jpg (172.26 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 am

Here's a poorly played and even more poorly recorded lunchtime-flash-demo of the Woozy.
I remember somebody was asking for more extended demos than the ones available so far, so I thought to record something on the fly.
Actually I was more focused on learning how it behaves than on what I was playing so forgive my randomness. :idk: I promise I ll record a decent video next week after rehearsals.

The entire video is just guitar-the Woozy-amp, no other effects.

Volume and mix knobs work very well and the signal doesn't get lost at all, when the mix knob is at the minimum you can still hear a portion of the wet signal (really low).
Hangover and Backwash knobs (the red ones) add a lo fi delay feel to everything that sounds really unique, and I repeat: this demo absolutely doesn't do any justice to the entire pedal.
Hangover start to get distorted almost immediately and when turned fully clockwise (6pm) the delayed signal is totally deconstructed, too bad I didn't record the part where I was messing with it. :facepalm:
Backwash adds feedback but it's really into the mix until 12 o clock, so just turn it almost on its maximum, it's quite stable so it doesn't oscillates.
The lo pass filter switch gets you into dark territory, haven't played enough to say something about it.

First feel is that in general the Woozy has a turly unique approach (at least for whan I have experienced) on modulation and delay, being a modulation pedal with integrated delay and not the contrary as usual, moreover mod and delay are highly interactive, so a tweak on one side changes the overall sound in unexpected and pleasing ways.
At first I was a bit confused but once I started to understand how the mod section and the delay section interact i started to enjoy its character.

:hello:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:34 am

It sounds great though! :!!!: :love: :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Dowi wrote:Yeah I was expecting somebody to say so :(

:hug: 100% just giving you a hard time man ;)
You, and anyone else for that matter, can do what ever they want with their stuff. Whether is for a legit cause, as yours, or they're trying to make a buck. Some like to get worked up over shit that, quite frankly, shouldn't really matter at the end of the day.

...going to watch your demo now :snax:

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Had the frets removed. Came out nice.

Savage. Using flats?

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:06 am

Ugly Nora wrote:Had the frets removed. Came out nice.

Yeeeeesss. I've wanted a fretless guitar for years and this looks excellent.

How are you liking it?
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:50 am

Looks gorgeous, you plan to fill the empty frets or just leave it like this? Don't know how it could feel to play and feel the holes instead of frets.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:26 am

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:I am liking it. The only thing harshing my buzz though is the guy put light strings on it. So, it is a bit difficult for me to play with such light strings. I don't know if I just need to get used to it, or if I should just take the loss of money and just buy thicker strings. Maybe I am just not used to playing flats either, that could be part of the weirdness. Something something first world problems and so on.

Right on. I put flats on my tele years ago and have never looked back (still using the same set even). They do feel strange at first, especially if you're used to doing bends. I still try but they just don't have the same impact, hah. Not sure what gauge mine are, will have to look. I say mess with them for a while before changing, unless you just really can't dig it.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Finally done went and dunnit:

Many comparisons to alternate versions of the same circuit await.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Pre-ordered a Drone Rainger. :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear