2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby echorec » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

twin pitch shifters modulating across 6 modes...it sounds a bit like an Arpanoid, Rainbow Machine, and a Digitech Whammy in one box...but add some background trem throb.

The product page explains the pitch-tracking and features like 4 onboard presets (but only 16 via MIDI?). Not a new experience per say, but quirky fun in a compact format. For people who only need these types of sounds on a few tracks, it's a more-budget friendly option than buying 4-5 separate pedals.

https://www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/marshmallow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYYBsgfkLfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7zCUrD03Y
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Good name. Good knobs.
I still don't like the sound of FV1 pitch shifting but this still looks pretty fun. It's got a random settting so that's a winner.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Sounds like the kind of programs Drolo builds.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:27 am

Somersault sounds great BUT a lot like a more polished yet more vanilla Pitch Pirate.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Based on teasers, the Again from AA is going to be a PT2399-based delay/modulation with 5 patching points. Pre-order info is coming Sunday.

first listen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1BMQbh9nR/

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm

The Eristic wrote:Somersault sounds great BUT a lot like a more polished yet more vanilla Pitch Pirate.

:idk: Ehhh...I tend to think of it as a CE-2 with bonus, weird possibilities. The chorus/vibe field is definitely competitive these days. I still need to try a Wardenclyffe and a Malekko Thicken.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

so the Again emulates the functions of a multi-tap tape echo?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby echorec » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 am

dubkitty wrote:so the Again emulates the functions of a multi-tap tape echo?

Yes and more. There's 3 separate delay chips in series + CV control for further manipulating the delays. I don't have much traditional modular experience, but I use the Moog Model 15 app (with patch points for time/feedback/mix) and it can take things from fairly vanilla to really wild instantly. Even without a modular setup, the Again could be used with other CV pedals or desktop controllers to manipulate its dynamics.

https://www.adventurepedals.com/pedals/again

https://reverb.com/item/26155909-advent ... gain-delay

long breakdown:

NSFW: show
CONTROLS:
I II III Toggle - There are three separate delay stages arranged in series and this toggle selects which one the output is taken from. Functionally it acts as a time range control for the delay time, I being the shortest and III being the longest.

DELAY - Sets the length of the delay. Turn counter clockwise for shorter delay and turn clockwise for longer delay. With the knob in the center position, the CV input range is -8 to 8 volts. When stepped CV signals are used (like the output from a sequencer or sample-and-hold) pitch shifting type effects can be achieved on the delayed signal.

FDBK - Controls the amount of feedback for the delay. When turned up all the way the delay will go into crunchy dirty self oscillation. The pitch and timbre of the oscillation can be manipulated with the other controls. CV input range is 0 to 8 volts.

BLEND - Controls the blend between the input signal and the delayed signal. CV input range is 0 to 8 volts. When the CV input is fed with an LFO a sort of tremolo effect can be achieved.

DEPTH - Controls the strength of the modulation signal. When turned fully counter clockwise, the modulation is effectively turned off (unless a CV signal is being used). CV input range is 0 to 8 volts.

RATE - Controls the speed of the modulation signal. Speed ranges from approximately 0.35 Hz to 14.5 Hz. CV input range is -8 to 8 volts.

Again contains a built in triangle LFO for modulation. The modulation signal is mixed with whatever CV signal is plugged into the DELAY CV jack (if there is one). The sum can then be offset with the DELAY knob.

All ⅛’ jacks are for control voltage (CV) inputs and correspond to the vertically adjacent knob.

All knobs - CV jack pairs function together. When a CV source is plugged into a jack, the respective knob acts as an offset control for the CV signal. I.E. a CV signal that moves between -1 volt and 1 volt can be made to move between say 4 volts and 6 volts if the position of the corresponding knob is set to 5 volts.

The output jack can be used with a standard TS cable, but can also be used with a TRS cable. If a TRS cable is used, the dry input signal is available on the ring connection and the pedals output is available on the tip connection. When used with a splitter jack or a splitter box and the BLEND turned all the way up the clean signal can be passed onto other effects and to one amp while the fully wet signal from Again can be sent to other effects and into a seperate amp for a dual dry/wet set up. Or the signals can be mixed back together after separate processing, you know, whatever you’re feeling.

The left LED represents the delay time. The longer the delay time, the brighter the LED gets.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Someone wanted to make a module.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm

The Eristic wrote:Somersault sounds great BUT a lot like a more polished yet more vanilla Pitch Pirate.

Yeah. I love the PP circuit but my gripe was the low headroom.
Faldoe

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 am

Fast-forwarding to 0:57, this sounds so much better than the new BOSS pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqldg705WmE

Budget Zoia??? :idk: It seems fairly flexible, if you're wanting to do deeper editing.

It's in stores now at $239 street. (128 MIDI presets)

Mix and match any of the C4's 3 oscillator wave shapes (sine, square, or saw) for pure synth tones
Select from 11 envelope followers with adjustable attack/decay and ADSR triggering envelopes
Choose from 25 filters, controllable with an envelope follower or independently modulating LFOs
14 onboard LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control modulation of filter, vibrato, and tremolo
8 available LFO wave shapes, including sine, square, sample and hold, saw tooth, and more
Run 2 simultaneous 16-step sequencer patterns
Choose from pre-programmed sequencer patterns or create your own custom patterns.
2 modes of operation: Standard Mode for classic stompbox operation; Preset Mode to save user presets (including all knob positions) to each of the three toggle switch positions
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby xcc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm

echorec wrote:Fast-forwarding to 0:57, this sounds so much better than the new BOSS pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqldg705WmE

Budget Zoia??? :idk: It seems fairly flexible, if you're wanting to do deeper editing.

It's in stores now at $239 street. (128 MIDI presets)

Mix and match any of the C4's 3 oscillator wave shapes (sine, square, or saw) for pure synth tones
Select from 11 envelope followers with adjustable attack/decay and ADSR triggering envelopes
Choose from 25 filters, controllable with an envelope follower or independently modulating LFOs
14 onboard LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control modulation of filter, vibrato, and tremolo
8 available LFO wave shapes, including sine, square, sample and hold, saw tooth, and more
Run 2 simultaneous 16-step sequencer patterns
Choose from pre-programmed sequencer patterns or create your own custom patterns.
2 modes of operation: Standard Mode for classic stompbox operation; Preset Mode to save user presets (including all knob positions) to each of the three toggle switch positions

Sounds pretty good, but isn't the Boss polyphonic?
xcc

interested
interested

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Eventide released their Delay, Reverb, and pitchshifter as iPad apps. :snax;
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:01 pm

xcc wrote:Sounds pretty good, but isn't the Boss polyphonic?

It is, but I would personally recommend just getting a filter pedal---it will make your guitar sound more like a synth and less like a discarded yard sale toy.

The CR4 is mono with a poly pitch shifting mode. With 4 voices on the editor, though, you could stack and tweak mono lines on a guitar/bass for varying textures. Good luck with your search. :hobbes:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear