Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm

ALL WAVE NO WAVE WHAT WAVE.

that's what i love about the VGates. solid programming, then the nicest of slidey options for Bob Ross Moments.

just like my birth, happy little accidents abound.

murf. so. like. i wanted go put the VGate 4 in the 6u Idea up there, but i already ordered a Scales to replace the Fracture, which like. leaves me TWELVE UUU SHORT OF A FULL INTELLIJEL ROW.

and. i DO miss having the Quadra somewhere.

fuck it. gonna see if i can get the VGates4 panel in black.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 pm

....... have a Rainmaker on the way.

woot Team Intellijel?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 am

behndy wrote:....... have a Rainmaker on the way.

woot Team Intellijel?

That thing seems super-complex. It should keep you busy for a while? :p

But for real, I would like to play with a Rainmaker and make use of its randomization functions. I want to randomize the Plonk into a randomized Rainmaker and see what happens. If you followed my plan, you would likely become Instantly Famous in the Ambient Community.

Speaking of Plonk, I'm having trouble getting it to sit in a mix with other drums and have ambivalence about Plonk. This leads me to believe that careful menu utilization and programming are necessary. Since I do not enjoy the Menus, nor the Careful Programming, this module may not be for me. Can produce some cool cow bells, anyway.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

i'd like to spend more time with a Plonk at some point. i..... did not like it when i had it the first time. but i expected more grimy like the Transient and not as sparkly clean as the Plonk seemed? and yeah. i don't mind menus but.... that is a TINY screen on the Plonkerino.

WOOT COW BELL MACHINE.

i'm suuuuuper excited for the Rainmaker. it looks like an incredibly deep yet well layed out easy to maneuver through interface.

but with that, needing to learn the goodies of the Atlantis, Shapeshifter and wanting to get really comfy with the Metropolis again, get the combos of the Tempi Muscle Memory'd, figure out HOW THE HELL THE WOGGLE WORKS...... i need to not buy anything for a hinute.

i. have. enough.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Heyhey modulators--I noticed that some of you have/had the Nebulae 2. Amongst its other charms, I'm pretty impressed by it's fixed pitch sample speed-up/slow-down capacities. Like in this comparo jawn @ 4:19 and following....

Seems well smoove, no?
In your varied-yet-equally-esteemed-by-me opinions, is there anything in euro that does this as smoovely or mo smoovely? Thx! :group:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:34 pm

murrrr not sure? i liked the independet pitch/rate options on the Nebby 2, didn't like anything else about it. but i think i'm just not suited to Qu-Bit's layout/design choices?

woot! second MN Blue Steeled Rack Stand got in. it's kinda crazy spending a hundy fifty on a stand, but i looooove the first one. super solid, pretty as butts, folds up nicely.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks man--it's definitely the main attraction for me, but totes not sure I want to lay down 4 bills+ for that alone. Be cool if something cheaper did that trick as well (or the Neb did everything else better).
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:53 pm

Dandolin wrote:Thanks man--it's definitely the main attraction for me, but totes not sure I want to lay down 4 bills+ for that alone. Be cool if something cheaper did that trick as well (or the Neb did everything else better).

I actually really like my Nebulae (which I bought from Behndy). I honestly haven't used it enough, but I am planning on rearranging my rack to focus more on using it as a main sound source. The independent pitch and speed is amazing and I'm not aware of anything else that is capable of doing this.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Come on, eurorack micro-economy! :lol:
Yeah, I thought there was a reason it popped out at me. I think the Tensor can do it in pedal world, but the Qu-bit doing it in the modular ecosystem and sounding so good doing it has me macking.

Thanks!
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:43 pm

MrNovember wrote:
I actually really like my Nebulae (which I bought from Behndy). I honestly haven't used it enough, but I am planning on rearranging my rack to focus more on using it as a main sound source. The independent pitch and speed is amazing and I'm not aware of anything else that is capable of doing this.

lol. see? the fault totessss lies in me, not the Qu-Bits.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 am

So last night I rearranged/downsized my modular again. I'm currently down to 84hp in a HEK with Marbles, Tides, Radio Music, Nebulae, Plaits, and Veils (plus both the Field Kit and Field Kit FX). I want to swap the Plaits and Veils for a Planar 2 and something (probably just Tallin and Div since I already have them laying around), but other than that I am very happy with it. It's finally a setup that I'm actually motivated to use because it is something different than the rest of my synths. I realized I was never using my Mother 32s, because I'd rather just play the Sub 37 or Peak, so this is quite refreshing.

Anyways, I've got two Mother 32s, two Moog 60hp cases, and two 2-tier rack kits in the BST. Hit me up if you're interested!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:34 pm

I need (hehe, I want) a clock boi for my little techno skiffy.

Going between Pamela's NEW! Workout which gives many controls over clock division + modulation source and

Beast-Tek Amoeba which gives many controls over pre-set rhythms. Amoeba is basically a Mutable Grids on L.S.D.

On the one hand, I know Pamela's NEW! Workout can produce techno rhythms with great ease!

On the other hand, I do not know what kind of awesome techno the Amoeba can produce.

Well, thank you for listening, I have talked myself into the Amoeba for the following reasons:

1. No one knows what it can do whereas everyone knows what Pam's can do.
2. Amoeba is not readily available whereas I can purchase a Pam's at any time using currency (USD).
3. Amoeba has MIDI (maybe I won't use this probably but still it's nice).
4. Pamela's NEW! Workout has a lady for a logo whereas the Amoeba features biohazard signs and such (more bad-ass).

Here's a cool Amoeba video doing some hot techno licks.

Here's the techno boi I will have built once Amoeba arrives (if I can actually close the deal, fingers crossed):

NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Post script: I sealed the Amoeba deal.
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:11 pm

lol. that read, suh. was a WILD ride. from start to finish.

i went through a similar internal discussion about the 6u rack i have coming in. was looking at it as yesh a complimentary box of goodness for everything else, but also an enclosed ecosystem, for perhaps bringing out by itself sometime.

was very close to grabbing another Pam's New Hawtness, because LOVE, but have never tried a Tempi. so. went with that. even though it's less verbose and a touch bigger. looks like an AWESOMELY fun way to play with tempo clicks.

murf. i miss the Trigger Riot, but fuck me. it is so damn BIG. and it always annoyed me that both the ones i had the panels were slightly..... shittily cut.
Last edited by behndy on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby worra » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:12 pm

So Monome Arc is open for preorder but I'm having a tough time justifying $800 for the thing. Anyone here own and love one and want to convince me it's the bee's knees?
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear