The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 am

Andrew wrote:Might have to reinstate my Netflix just for Evangelion. I can't believe we finally have an easy way to watch that shit, I have been fearing that my Platinum boxset will just die, it feels like a 5 year old pair of underwear that somehow is still together.

Hell yeah! I bought the whole manga recently and it's great.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Latest Stranger Things Season 3 trailer dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcnHOQ-cHa0
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Dead Like Me is on Hulu and Amazon Prime, short-lived Showtime series with sort of a Pushing Daisies vibe.

Dead Like Me was great!!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:36 am

Andrew wrote:EDIT:
The English dub was never great, but I wasn't expecting different Voice Actors :(

EDIT2:
NO MORE FLY ME TO THE MOON CREDIT MUSIC!?!

it's kind of heartbreaking that they will probably never do bluray boxsets of legendary series now streaming has made it unprofitable (ds9 :cry: ). i'm no purist about anime dub/subs/revisions but not having the option for the original Eva dub is a real shame.

that said, i haven't got around to watching the netflix version yet and i'm open to it being ok. seems extra weird to change the voices when the original cast (i think??) are doing the rebuild movies.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 pm

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-dema ... er-things/

Gotta love the crazy religious right
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:37 pm

Jessica Jones S3. Last of the Netflix Marvel? And tragically too late for me to do a second episode.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm

yah. JJ was my favorite of the Netflix Marvels. even though it is nothinnnnnng like the (so awesome) books. but it's really tasty. Season 1 is wonnnnnnderful, Season 2 is.... mostly good? Season 3 is solid as butts.

one of the most sucky thing about Netflix losing Marvel Loots to The Mouse House is that contracts say those characters can't show up ANYwhere after leaving Netflix for like 5 years i think? and they were getting betterrrrrr. last season of Daredevil and all the Punishers were GREAT.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 pm

I really hope there is some contract buyout that keep those running.

With you on JJ as my consistently fave series. But Luke Cage S2 was just awesomely deep, a social novel dressed up as a super hero show. I’d pick that as the best season of the bunch.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm

yah yah. both seasons of Cage were gooooood. well, first half of season 1 was amazebutts, all of 2 is NICE.

hurm. some type of random access is severely missing from streamed content. if it's about ten bucks and i know i'll rewatch it at least once more and it's not on a platform i subscribe to, i'll grab it. and the Including Bonus Content is always the same price, so duck it. why not.

but having deleted scenes and interviews and 50 minutes that i might actually be interested in 3 minutes of? fine. having to watch linearly through all 50? NOT fine.

fuck are we. back to VHS?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ck3 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Heavy Trip (Prime Video) is one of the best metal parody films I've seen in a while. Some moments rival Metalocalypse in terms of lapooning genre tropes.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:02 pm

doommeow wrote:
calfzilla wrote:Sandman.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I know they'll get around to it sooner or later. I'll be hyped for every little details leading up to the release/premiere. And the actual product will suck. Will just be fucking horrible.

I've already given up my dream of them doing a proper Dark Knight Returns flic. Don't take my sandman from me.

Or Cerebus. Thankfully the planet is going to melt and we're all gonna die before the get around to adapting the earthpig.

:hobbes:

And that’s what I get for opening my fucking mouth.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ix-1220761
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:38 am

doommeow wrote:
doommeow wrote:
calfzilla wrote:Sandman.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I know they'll get around to it sooner or later. I'll be hyped for every little details leading up to the release/premiere. And the actual product will suck. Will just be fucking horrible.

I've already given up my dream of them doing a proper Dark Knight Returns flic. Don't take my sandman from me.

Or Cerebus. Thankfully the planet is going to melt and we're all gonna die before the get around to adapting the earthpig.

:hobbes:

And that’s what I get for opening my fucking mouth.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ix-1220761

Netflix has done a pretty decent job so far with the Marvel stuff, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby doommeow » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 pm

I think that's being REALLY generous.

Sandman stands apart from so much (all?) of the comic book canon. There's so little like it, and certainly nothing like it that's been adapted to live action at this point. Will Netflix, who seem willing to cancel anything, regardless of how popular it may be, commit to a full run of 75 episodes? Are they going to play it safe and stick with a single visual style, forgetting how often Neil and Karen would bring in different artists to fit the tone of the story? Yes, most comics have changes in their creative staff at some point, but Sandman would often change artists not just storyline by storyline, but issue by issue to fit and highlight the tone of a particular story. Serial TV often use different directors for each episode, but rarely are they allowed - let alone encouraged - to bring an individual vision to the script. And is anything going to be done to reference Dave McKean's work - which was often so different from issue to issue and always different from what was between the pages?

/rant. I know I'm old man yelling at the clouds to get off my lawn at this point. :picard: I really hope it's wonderful - that's just not my default expectation most days.
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Just learned that both Legion and Preacher, two of the shows I've been enjoying the most the past few years, both are on their final season. I'm excited! More tv-series should learn from this instead of beating the dead horses to pulp.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Preacher is done already? That's too bad. I don't think they had enough seasons to get through it all, but I could be wrong.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion