The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 am

9.13.19 release
BL3
Epic Game Store exclusive until 4.13.20 and then it comes out on steam.
People losing their minds over this.

https://youtu.be/R4tL5JY49cw
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Anyone playing Sekiro? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow and just binging it all day. Loved Bloodborn, love the original Tenchu. Should be a game for me.

I've been watching the fightingcowboy series on it. I want it so bad, but I sold my PS4
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:14 pm

I still need to get around to Bloodborne :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Dandolin wrote:I still need to get around to Bloodborne :snax:

I gave up on Bloodborne. Again. I don't think I'll ever get through it. I'd much prefer to just replay any of the Dark Souls
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 am

GAS KING wrote:9.13.19 release
BL3

I don't care personally, I already have GOG, uPlay, Origin, Battle-Net and Epic - but Epic is a load of Hoseshit purely for a lack of International pricing and horrendous Account Security. I'm happy to use it, I just don't want to have my account hacked again. :poke:

jrfox92 wrote:So, despite knowing all the issues it has, I went ahead and bought Generation Zero.
I honestly only did it after being so fucking sick of the community in Rainbow Six and wanted something that was just different and also not ubisoft.

I've actually played Siege in NA and Latin servers (after Ubi kept putting me in the wrong server) and it does seem way more toxic compared to ANZ. There are still some noisy douchebags and some Smurf accounts, but everyone is pretty chill. That sucks dude.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:45 am

GAS KING wrote:9.13.19 release
BL3

i don't game on pc, i'm very John Snow about it's.... vagaries. can one just buy a physical copy? or is that not a thing any more?

grabbing the Remastered/GotY BL1 tomorrow. i have a MOIST.

BL3 might be the first game i ever preorder.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:39 am

I've never beaten Ikari Warriors on NES, even with the infinite lives code, because the way the screen scrolls makes it extremely easy for one player to get stuck on an object with no way to die and no enemies around.
I swear me and my buddy would play that shit for hours at a time, only to get hung up on a rock somewhere.
It still bothers me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:16 pm

behndy wrote:
i don't game on pc, i'm very John Snow about it's.... vagaries. can one just buy a physical copy? or is that not a thing any more?

grabbing the Remastered/GotY BL1 tomorrow. i have a MOIST.

BL3 might be the first game i ever preorder.

I think you can still get physical copies for consoles still? Maybe they just send you a code? not sure.

I played BL1 remaster last night and its fantastic. It looks like it could have been released yesterday. :lol:
Seriously though, its really good looking and the quality of life improvements are great.
I'm doing a Lilith playthru. I never leveled her up to really see why she was so OP.....idk
I mained Mord (sniper/masher) in the past and dabbled in Roland.
Didn't mess with Brick much either.

I'm probably going to preorder BL3. Its my favorite series of all time and BL1 is my favorite game of all time.

I am concerned about submitting my credit card # or linking my paypal to the Epic Store if their security is poor.
May just get a prepaid CC and use that to buy it.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:57 am

I actually kinda think that BL1 is the best of the series - atleast it holds up better tonally. The characters are just weird without being insane while spouting old memes.

I didn't realize that the Enhanced edition was free on PC if you have the original, I might just buy it for PS4 if it grabs me again.

EDIT:
Sekiro does look rad, but I can't get into those games mechanically and the elitist gate keeping completely turns me off. I get that memes exist, but still. :idk:

Difficulty should be more than just memorizing enemy AI until you win.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:32 am

Andrew wrote:EDIT:
Sekiro does look rad, but I can't get into those games mechanically and the elitist gate keeping completely turns me off. I get that memes exist, but still. :idk:

Difficulty should be more than just memorizing enemy AI until you win.

Sekiro is entirely, 100% skill based and the combat is nothing at all like any other Soulsborne game. The story isn't as dense and heavy, much more of a fun romp through semi-fictional Japan while fighting things and following a simple plot. It isn't harder or easier, but in Dark Souls you can cheese and gank your way through things, min/max a character and weapon, figure out weaknesses/vulnerabilities of bosses to exploit, and the skills that got you through the first boss will carry you through to Slave Knight Gael. Sekiro is the total opposite. No consistent way to gank, some bosses need to be approached entirely differently and with a different mindset, and it's much more reliant on actually being good at the combat rather than min/maxing a char and getting good at one thing.
The movement is way, way more vertical and much more fluid, stealth is not only a viable option but sometimes an essential one, which is nice. No stats to worry about, no weapon choices or grinding (unless you want to for some additional items) and it might click for you a whole lot better than Dark Souls did.

Either way, it's a shame you've had such a shitty experience with the DS community, I've found them to be one of the nicest gaming communities I've dealt with and it's sad that it might have put you off because of a few dickheads. Those games took a really long time to click for me too, I used to think they were like Just Dance but with combat instead of arrows, decided to give it another crack in a pretty dark period of a particularly bad year and it was about the only thing that kept me going. I found them to be really valuable and know a fair few other people have also found them to be valuable in dark times (ironic lol) and hope if you ever give them another chance that you enjoy them more. Either way, try Sekiro, it's great and might tick the boxes of things you didn't like about Dark Souls.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 am

Lol, I have nothing against the community. It's just the 'get gud' meme shit that gets tiresome.
I'll give Sekiro a try, but I'm more looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima first.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Finished Mutan Year Zero: Road To Eden last night. Really enjoyed it. Excellent combat, brilliant characters. I just wish there was a liiiittle more story in it. What's there is good, but some more would've made it even better. Also played through Limbo last weekend and finished it, a number of years after initially buying it.

Will probably try to get back to finishing Child of Light (reckon I'm about a little over !/3 through )now, or Beyond: Two Souls (which I've barely started, haha).
Speaking of mutant though, has anyone tried Wastelands 2? I'm very curious about giving it a go...
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:05 am

My keyboard drank half of a pint of beer last night, cleaned it up and it works - abeit very mushy feeling and not quite the same feel.

Looking at keyboard reviews on Youtube makes me feel so damn old, it's always the bullshit royalty free electronica with slow motion panning over the product with Fortnite gameplay edited in occasionally.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 am

If I didn't have too many keyboards already.........I'd be after this with MX Clears: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in ... ail&p=4558

Good quality. compact full layout. looks cool. extra caps. No LEDs or gimmicks or proprietary software.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 am

Wanted to try a 60% this time, mostly for the minimalism and space saving. Got a Ducky one 2 mini w/Cherry Browns.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion