The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby DrMabuse » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 am

Anyone into Yakuza? I’m 2/3 of the way through the Yakuza 2 remaster on PS4, debating whether to jump into 6 after I finish, or wait for the remaster of 3 to hit the US market. Although the story aspect is enjoyable, I really like the virtual tourism aspect of the games. Wander Tokyo, have dinner and drinks, beat the living hell out of some rival gangsters on the street....just what I’d want from an actual trip to Japan! So is the plot from 3, 4, and 5 worth waiting for if I’ve played 0, 1, and 2?
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby GAS KING » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:43 pm

More Borderlands 3 release info on 4/3/19.
Trailer: https://youtu.be/d9Gu1PspA3Y

4/3/19 release of HD remasters of Borderlands 1 GOTY edition and Handsome Collection (BL2 and Pre Sequel).
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Not sure how I feel about BL3. It's kinda like the Arkham series where the first 2 were amazing, then there's a 3rd game made by another team and sucks out all the mystic and fun so you just get burnt out by the time the Trilogy wraps up. I'd like to revist BL2 but it hasn't gelled with my current mid-high end PC and can barely hit 144fp at 1080p

DrMabuse wrote:Anyone into Yakuza? I’m 2/3 of the way through the Yakuza 2 remaster on PS4, debating whether to jump into 6 after I finish, or wait for the remaster of 3 to hit the US market. Although the story aspect is enjoyable, I really like the virtual tourism aspect of the games. Wander Tokyo, have dinner and drinks, beat the living hell out of some rival gangsters on the street....just what I’d want from an actual trip to Japan! So is the plot from 3, 4, and 5 worth waiting for if I’ve played 0, 1, and 2?

I've attempted 0 atleast 3 times but it never stuck, randomly played Kiwami and feels way better. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Andrew wrote:Not sure how I feel about BL3. It's kinda like the Arkham series where the first 2 were amazing, then there's a 3rd game made by another team and sucks out all the mystic and fun so you just get burnt out by the time the Trilogy wraps up. I'd like to revist BL2 but it hasn't gelled with my current mid-high end PC and can barely hit 144fp at 1080p

by BL3 you mean the Pre-Sequel? it's not the best of the 3, probably the worst, but i still liked it. more than about 82% other games i've played. technicallllly that's BL 1 point.... 4? or something?

thisssss will be Borderlands 3. and i am MOIST.

Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:30 am

behndy wrote:
Andrew wrote:Not sure how I feel about BL3. It's kinda like the Arkham series where the first 2 were amazing, then there's a 3rd game made by another team and sucks out all the mystic and fun so you just get burnt out by the time the Trilogy wraps up. I'd like to revist BL2 but it hasn't gelled with my current mid-high end PC and can barely hit 144fp at 1080p

by BL3 you mean the Pre-Sequel? it's not the best of the 3, probably the worst, but i still liked it. more than about 82% other games i've played. technicallllly that's BL 1 point.... 4? or something?

thisssss will be Borderlands 3. and i am MOIST.

I wouldn't say that Borderlands: PS is BL3 to be honest. That all being said, I feel more excited about BL1 HD than anything else. It even has a FOV slider on console, hype. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:05 pm

I got MLB The Show 19 and it has now forced me to listen to Greta Van Fleet 900 times in two days.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:42 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:I got MLB The Show 19 and it has now forced me to listen to Greta Van Fleet 900 times in two days.

Well that sounds disappointing
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:21 pm

oh shit YES. i haven't been keeping up with stuff much, they are finally redoing BL1? is it going to Switch or just consoles and pc?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:25 pm

behndy wrote:oh shit YES. i haven't been keeping up with stuff much, they are finally redoing BL1? is it going to Switch or just consoles and pc?

Oh shit Borderlands on Switch would be awesome. I have no idea if that's a thing, but I'd be very down
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:01 pm

nurp. just read. consoles and pc.

GUESS I'M SETTING UP MY PS4 FINALLY.

they're putting out Bulletstorm Full Clip with the Nukem DLC added for Switch, which, SWEET. that game has the stupidest dialogue and the most fun dumb action per second possible. should be fun on Switch.

BUT YES PLEASE ALL BORDERLANDS ON SWITCH OH GAWD WANT.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:55 pm

I have still never played Borderlands (or Red Dead 1/2) but if this drops on Steam/XBone I may consider giving it a shot.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:I have still never played Borderlands (or Red Dead 1/2) but if this drops on Steam/XBone I may consider giving it a shot.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are both on Steam and are both totally worth playing. But I guess you might as well wait for remastered editions :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:24 pm

I hope BL3 lives up. Loved playing the first two in co-op.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:42 pm

Finally bought Breath of the Wild. Goodbye all productivity for the foreseeable future
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 pm

So, despite knowing all the issues it has, I went ahead and bought Generation Zero.
I honestly only did it after being so fucking sick of the community in Rainbow Six and wanted something that was just different and also not ubisoft.

I've played maybe half and hour and it's immediately clear that the game is in the exact same state it was when I played the beta in October.
Screwy UI, completely empty world, kinda frustrating combat. But, it's something different, y'know.
I think the saddest thing is that every second of gameplay makes me think about how nice it would be to just mod it. The whole time I'm playing I'm thinking of what could be fixed and changed and updated.
It's semi-survival but not really.
You have a backpack with stuff in it, but stacking items doesn't really make a lot of sense and there are extra steps that just don't need to be there.
There are cars around but you can't drive them. There are bikes around but you can't ride them. There are fucking tanks but again, you can't do anything but look at them and, like, jump on top of them.

It's just unfortunate how the game turned out. It seems more like a proof of concept than an actual finished game put out on the market by a somewhat well known developer.
Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with some 17 year old tryhard that screams in the mic and tk's me while getting shot in the face because he decided to 1v5 a team of high-level players. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion