The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm

I still have my manual, game box, and DOS floppy disks for the old system shock. Just saw them the other day. Weird! I think I've got my old Wing Commander stuff from my 386 too. I know I've still got the included blueprints and tiger notes zine. Costco was a happenin' place for cheap PC games.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 am

As Australian so barely scrapes by with around 4-5 mb/s on a good day, the new Google Stadia probably wont do very well here. :poke:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Circuithead » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:06 pm

For the people who haven't played them, System Shock 1 and 2 are available for peanuts on GOG and Steam and have been remastered by NightDive studios with widescreen support and HD resolutions.

And also the game changer : MOUSE LOOK for SS1.

I played Both shock games for the first time last summer back to back and it has pretty much blew my mind over and over again. Out of the two I think I preferred the first one, but you need to play them both for sure. Keep a notepad handy, and don't be afraid to use custom way points on the maps, a feature both games had, but most modern games lack. Custom waypoints are the secret for exploration and navigation, especially in the first one. Something looks odd? Not sure you can interact with it yet? Way point. Come back to it later. Found a hidden air duct you want to check out later and don't want to forget where it is? Way point. Here's an intersection, you're going to go one way and come back to explore the other way later. Way point. Give them names too. It's fucking awesome to have these features in these old ass games. Looking Glass really knew what they were doing it's uncanny.

SS2 has very very good mods that sharpen the original graphics without changing much else, which is good, because the original art direction was spot on.

Both soundtracks are also fucking excellent. I loved the first one so much I even started working on a metal cover of the reactor theme that I should probably finish at some point.

Bang your heads to this, insects : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxh6fi4mp12s3 ... n.mp3?dl=0
Last edited by Circuithead on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Circuithead

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:10 pm

murf. i never game on pc, thaaaaaat makes me want to take a dive.

The Messenger is so freaking good. probably my favorite thing i've played on Switch so far.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Circuithead » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 pm

How do you like your switch, build quality wise? Been looking to buy one for a while.
Circuithead

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:59 am

seems solid? the screen is plastic instead of glass, so a glass screen protector isn't a bad idea. i chuck mine into a padded bag made for it and take it to work every day, no scratches or dings or weird stuff yet? i grabbed the Analog D-Pad Zelda branded left controller and a case that makes it a touch more ergonomic.

but i like that if i get too heavy handed (fucking TENSE platformers yo) you can replace just the controller bits instead of the whole thing?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 am

Anyone playing Sekiro? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow and just binging it all day. Loved Bloodborn, love the original Tenchu. Should be a game for me.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:27 am

ooooooo! Cuphead is coming to Switch on April 18th.

always been interested in it.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:23 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Anyone playing Sekiro? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow and just binging it all day. Loved Bloodborn, love the original Tenchu. Should be a game for me.

it looks incredible but i am a terrible noob and will suck at it so hard :lol: i'm in a very jrpg place atm, finishing off dq11, bought paper mario on gamecube and dq8 on 3ds
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:17 am

Completed Division 2 story and getting to lvl 30.

Still pretty good imo and was a good experience overall.

I can now casually play and progress. end game but not end end game. lol
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:22 am

Finally got around to picking up Shadow of The Tombraider, $25 hard copy. Jazzed.
Last edited by Andrew on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Circuithead » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am

behndy wrote:seems solid? the screen is plastic instead of glass, so a glass screen protector isn't a bad idea. i chuck mine into a padded bag made for it and take it to work every day, no scratches or dings or weird stuff yet? i grabbed the Analog D-Pad Zelda branded left controller and a case that makes it a touch more ergonomic.

but i like that if i get too heavy handed (fucking TENSE platformers yo) you can replace just the controller bits instead of the whole thing?

Thanks for the reply man.

I don't play multiplayer often over the internet, however I'm a huge couch-coop geek and the switch looks basically like a portable full-featured couch-coop generator designed by the people who perfected couch gaming. My only worry was durability, because I'll bring it around a lot and probably set it up in weird outdoorsy situations.
Circuithead

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:49 am

It feels no more or less solid than your phone/tablet/laptop so if you're happy carting those about and waving them around in public, I can't think why you'd need to baby the Switch
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:50 pm

New Borderlands Teaser for tomorrow's PAX East announcement.

https://youtu.be/LkHNbsQMxPI
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:43 am

Really enjoying Sekiro so far. Having to de-Souls my playstyle and get use to the pose system is proving to be a lot of fun. I adored Bloodborne but it did play a lot like DkS, this is really refreshing and fun.
They've handled vertical movement extremely well, the stealth mechanics are fair and pretty generous and boss fights are as satisfying as they've ever been in a Soulsborne game.

I want to be excited for System Shock 3, 2 is probably my favourite game of all time, but a third game with SHODAN is going to have to do something special to not seem lazy, would be especially odd if it came out before the SS1 remake.

CDPR also mentioned something about this being their biggest E3 yet, so I would presume a release date for CP2077 and a teaser for their new IP?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion