collector//emitter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: collector//emitter

Postby Dandolin » Wed May 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Yaz--very
impressive; the delay
and demo both
:wizard:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 am

ts50b wrote:
New demo of the Mocking Bird Delay from Side FX is up now! This is a pt2399 delay that lets you push the delay time waaaaay beyond where it still sounds normal. So you can embrace the crunchy, noisy repeats, or use it like a super lofi looping delay. Plus it has a great modulation circuit (almost as good as the Laggard's imo)

in your opinion how do these compare to echo degraders?
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Thu May 09, 2019 5:16 am

Cool demo!
I see that lately there are a lot of pedals that push the pt2399 to its limits (this one, Slowly Melting and The Woozy are the first that pop in my mind), and you have demoed most of those. Sooner or later you could do a sort of comparison video with a bunch of those, it would be very interesting to hear all the different takes on that chip.

:snax:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Beat me to it! :)*

ibarakishi wrote:in your opinion how do these compare to echo degraders?

I've honestly never played an echo degrader so I can't really say. There's definitely the same crunchy pt2399 vibe, but the ED might take that more to the extreme

Dowi wrote:I see that lately there are a lot of pedals that push the pt2399 to its limits (this one, Slowly Melting and The Woozy are the first that pop in my mind), and you have demoed most of those. Sooner or later you could do a sort of comparison video with a bunch of those, it would be very interesting to hear all the different takes on that chip.

I really should do that! Thats a great idea. Whats so cool to me is all three of those pedals you listed are different types of pedals but they still all have the pt2399 sound. It'd be cool to see just how similar and different they are
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed May 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Just put up a demo of the PLBR Pizzacrusher. This is a bitcrusher and also has a sample rate reduction control (pretty rare to see actual bitcrushing instead of just sample rate reduction) with some fun extra features. The main one is the Pizza footswitch which turns on a modulation of the bit depth with either one of two random modes or a stepped "arpeggiated" mode. I've never really clicked with bitcrushers, but this one is a ton of fun, especially with the fuzz turned on
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Teej212 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm

This is awesome.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu May 23, 2019 2:37 am

I've been keeping an eye open for more in depth demos of the Pizza Crusher, finally got one. Thanks for sharing this.
I still don't think I could justify its presence on the board because I would end up to use it just for a couple of specific moments, but it sounds really good, especially in mode 3 with the fuzz turned on.

Ps. And I'm very curious about the 2 delays he's working on. One should be a delay with integrated (simpler) Bitcrusher, i guess is took some parts of this to develop it.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ts50b » Tue May 28, 2019 11:49 am

Sorry I missed these - things have been crazy while I've been getting ready to move
Teej212 wrote:This is awesome.

Thanks Tom! :joy:
Dowi wrote:I've been keeping an eye open for more in depth demos of the Pizza Crusher, finally got one. Thanks for sharing this.
I still don't think I could justify its presence on the board because I would end up to use it just for a couple of specific moments, but it sounds really good, especially in mode 3 with the fuzz turned on.

Ps. And I'm very curious about the 2 delays he's working on. One should be a delay with integrated (simpler) Bitcrusher, i guess is took some parts of this to develop it.

I believe this was supposed to be the delay but when he couldn't get it working he decided to put out just the bitcrusher in the meantime. I loooove the Pizzacrusher after delay or reverb so I'll be really excited when the delay comes out

Also just put up a demo of the new SolidGoldFX Lysis. This is one of the protoypes they had at NAMM that really blew me away. Basically it's a synth pedal without being a synth pedal - you get fuzz, sub octave, filter, and vibrato to build up a synth signal without worrying about triggering oscillators.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Sounds cool :doom:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Yeah pretty cool. That thing gets some thick sounds.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Wed May 29, 2019 7:45 pm

That Lysis demo is great. The modulated filter stuff is neat, but the lofi dirty vibe and chorus sounds are what caught my attention the most.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Fri May 31, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks everyone! The Lysis is definitely very thick. I recommend checking out some of the other demos, especially Patrick Hunter's, if you're interested because I showed a more subtle side while most others really embraced the thick suboctave

Jero wrote:That Lysis demo is great. The modulated filter stuff is neat, but the lofi dirty vibe and chorus sounds are what caught my attention the most.

The vibrato is definitely my favorite use of this which is kinda weird to think considering how much it can actually do. It's really neat that you can filter just the wet signal so the chorusing is only in the high end or low end
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:05 am

Last week I shot a few demos at the Brooklyn Stompbox Expo (after literally moving there a week earlier) and they're finally edited and up on my channel. There's some good stuff from Adventure Audio, OBNE, EQD, TKOG, and a few more, mostly new stuff or things that would benefit from a good explanation or demo. I don't know how to embed playlist links from youtube, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc5qIQi ... _6UYEQU_Ad
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:38 pm

New demo of the Demedash Effects 112+ Drive Channel is up now. This is based on a solid state Fender practice amp and gets some really interesting drive tones I haven't found elsewhere. Definitely worth checking out
ts50b

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear