The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:10 am

I'm no guitar tech but I've put enough pickups in to tell you there are certainly numerous sizes of those screws.

I hope they realize it's a chode move
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 am

$55, when they could have just filled the holes with instrument-grade toothpicks and re-drilled them?

i had a root canal last Thursday. it started kicking up over the weekend, and by Monday i was in blinding pain. i went back to the endodontist who helped, but had to absolutely jump through hoops to get 2 days worth of painkillers; apparently Virginia has instituted tight controls for opiated pain pills, and the doctor had to spend 20 minutes online to get the prescription approved. happily, it seems to be settling down now after a couple days' worth of antibiotics, and not being to eat for two days has finally driven my weight below 160. the instrumentality sure sucked, though. and now i have to get it crowned, which will probably fuck my budget for the next 2 or 3 months.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 am

Chankgeez wrote::hug: Which guitar shop? :mad:

I wasn't gonna say, because I think this ultimately comes down to a miscommunication between the owner and one of his staffpeople, but it begins with a 'D'... and ends in 'iPinto'.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:35 am

Yeah, I've always been kinda so-so on that place. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I still haven't found a guitar shop I really like in Philly. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 am

somebody who peddles their shit on the Gretsch Pages turns out to be a wankerous fuckup. color me surprised.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 am

Chankgeez wrote:I still haven't found a guitar shop I really like in Philly. :idk:

Me neither, which is why I'm still working on opening one. It's been slow going, but it's still in the works. I actually had another meeting yesterday with the owner of the property we have our eye on. He's in, but we're still making sure we can make the math work with the lot size.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 am

:thumb: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

I feel ya. Growing up in Houston the only guitar shop I really trusted was Rockin Robin, but that was an hour drive with traffic. Here’s hoping you can improve the situation in Philly - and don’t forget about us bassists!
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm just tired of being sad. I haven't lived in a comfortable place where I didn't dread coming home in 8 or more years. I just want to work hard and have my own corner of the world to listen to music and read science fiction in. I'd like to have the stability to have a relationship with my son. A car. Some independence. It sounds simple but it seems so far away.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm

i know how you feel. just try to remember that every little step brings you that much closer to your goal. i struggled for literally decades before i could keep my head above water, and everything's not wonderful but at least i can more or less take care of myself now. it may not seem like it now, but you're still fairly young...there's lots of time left.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 am

People looking to buy second hand instruments.

I don't know if it's just me but having to answer messages that I can't really answer really drags me down. "I like very low action, can I get that on this bass?" - I don't really know. How low is 'very low'? My technique doesn't really allow for that so what I think of as good might be waaay to high for you because I struggle with string-tickling, I like to hit on 'em a bit.
"Can you take a photo of the action at the 12th fret?" - See above, man!
"Can you send me a video of you playing the bass to get an idea of what it sounds like? A mobile video will do." - So a terrible sound quality demo of a bass with my preferred strings, through my amp in my playing style is going to help you drill down and make this decision? It's a 30 year old P-bass! They all sound the damn same!
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:44 am

Uh, I only brought (80% of the asking price), can you knock it down a little and we'll call it a deal?
Uhh, can you set it up for me?
Uhh, are you willing to trade? I have a 4-cylinder 1984 Camaro, it ran last time it was parked...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:17 am

I think people equate "I'll be a better musician" with "man the actions is so low" .. lots of the greats played with rather high action, which if course as we all know makes the string ring out more, thus toanz..

I worked at GC about 15 years ago and that shit happened all the time.. I can relate
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 am

i'm pretty sure that even Hendrix kept the action fairly high, which probably helped make up for those minusucle lower strings (low E = .038!)

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am

SRV played 13s.. decently high action
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion