The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:01 am

Achtane wrote:I wish they would make a new Stalker game. I've never tried any of the Metro ones, should I just try the first....first?

Metro 2033 and Last Light are two of my all time favourites! I really need to go play the new one
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:46 am

Metro 2033 had some really annoying sections, but it was definitely worth it. I read the book before playing it, and it was so cool to see how well they made that world come to life. I played only like 6 months ago. Still holds up, imo.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:09 am

I definitely agree. It actually took me a long time to finish it because I got so stuck and frustrated during my first play through that I gave up playing. But when I went back and changed up my play style, it was definitely worth it
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Noticed there is a Toe Jam and Earl reboot for the switch. Love Panic on Funkotron for the Genesis.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dapper Bandit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Speaking of survival horror games, we finished Luigi's Mansion tonight. So good, I was such a dick for not buying a Gamecube back in the day. And the soundtrack is great.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby baremountain » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:42 am

Hell yea, Luigi's Mansion was freakin' sick. I was also about 15 years late to the party, having just played it a couple years ago. Stoked for the Switch installment which I'd reckon will release around the Spooky Month.

Also I'm finally crawling out of my Tetris 99 hole, and I've been playing Final Fantasy IX, which is my first FF game. Pretty seriously enjoying it so far, but it's taking forever because every time I see someone who plays the card game, I end up playing them somewhere between one and a dozen times lmao. I reckon I'm roundabout the end of Disc 1, about to get to the hunt thing in Lindblum (sic?).
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

baremountain wrote:Hell yea, Luigi's Mansion was freakin' sick. I was also about 15 years late to the party, having just played it a couple years ago. Stoked for the Switch installment which I'd reckon will release around the Spooky Month.

Also I'm finally crawling out of my Tetris 99 hole, and I've been playing Final Fantasy IX, which is my first FF game. Pretty seriously enjoying it so far, but it's taking forever because every time I see someone who plays the card game, I end up playing them somewhere between one and a dozen times lmao. I reckon I'm roundabout the end of Disc 1, about to get to the hunt thing in Lindblum (sic?).

Might want to start using a guide if you haven't... There are a few things in the game that you can't come back to after certain points. It's generally not worth it in the end, unless you just like completing as much of the game as possible.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:00 am

Hmm, Master Chief Collection coming to Steam.

I've never actually played Halo, then again I never played the Gears of War trilogy port when that came to PC :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 am

calfzilla wrote:
baremountain wrote:Hell yea, Luigi's Mansion was freakin' sick. I was also about 15 years late to the party, having just played it a couple years ago. Stoked for the Switch installment which I'd reckon will release around the Spooky Month.

Might want to start using a guide if you haven't... There are a few things in the game that you can't come back to after certain points. It's generally not worth it in the end, unless you just like completing as much of the game as possible.

Yeah, FFIX’s card game is just for fun, unlike VIII which allows you to break the game WIDE open.

I keep getting part way through XI and then stopping. Once I polish off Ni No Kuni I should circle back and finally complete the damn game.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby GAS KING » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am

Andrew wrote:Hmm, Master Chief Collection coming to Steam.

I've never actually played Halo, then again I never played the Gears of War trilogy port when that came to PC :idk:

This is a good trend! I think Microsoft is going to release more games from XBOX to PC.

Does anyone know, when?

I played through all of them a long time ago with my brother-in-law on XBOX 360 but barely remember any of it.
I liked it (the gameplay was solid) but it wasn't anything memorable to me.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby GAS KING » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 am

Also potential for Gearbox to announce Borderlands 3 on March 28th. (gearbox also announced potential partnership with Epic Games launcher)
Last edited by GAS KING on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:54 am

Anyone play Oxenfree? I just picked it up on the Switch because it was 75% off. Played the first few minutes and it seems pretty interesting so far
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 pm

GAS KING wrote:Also potential for Gearbox to announce Borderlands 3 on March 28th. (gearbox also announced potential partnership with Epic Games launcher)

PLEAAAAAASE YES.

lol. would make me.... actually.... plug up my PS4 for the first time since i moved.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 am

Oxenfree is a really neat game. Interesting enough that I played it through twice to make other decisions, and that is pretty rare for me. The sound design was pretty important to making things click.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 am

codetocontra wrote:Oxenfree is a really neat game. Interesting enough that I played it through twice to make other decisions, and that is pretty rare for me. The sound design was pretty important to making things click.

Yeah I'm really loving the sound design and the art. Especially how everything starts to distort when anything weird happens
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion