Re: The Video Game thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Sounds sick
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am

Andrew wrote:I'm so done with Loot'n'shoot games like Division, Destiny and Battle Royal games usually always ends up being death as soon as I find a nice Weapon kit. Anthem doesn't look inspiring either. Although weirdly, I decided to pick up ME: Andromeda again and am having a a super fun time - probably because you aren't forced to team up with randoms to fight bullet spongy enemies for 80 hours.

R6 Siege has had a game mode only on the weekends that uses the Pro League rule set which is so much fun that it's kinda ruined the fun of the regular game. But Australian Operators are coming next season so I don't know :idk:

What else is there to play?

I was going to order Division 2 and Anthem but am going to wait on both now. While I didn't mind the beta/demos.....neither really hooked me. Division 2 was pretty good but just kinda meh.
The hype for both elsewhere on the internet is insane, imo.
Anthem especially since it seems empty/unfinished/minimal end game, very repetitive grindy and probably will be mostly broken/buggy at launch.

I do feel burnt out on loot games (kind of all games too); though they are my most played genre. (outside of rocket league, but I've hit a skill ceiling in that game that I can't seem to get past. solo queue is hit/miss too)
Definitely burnt out on all online PvP/comp games. BR like Apex is good but I also have that same experience.
I can't seem to get gud enough to have any fun. I can down people but rarely kill anyone.....while I get totally stomped in 1 second. Call the Wahbulance.

I quit Destiny 2 a month or two after Forsaken.

Borderlands 3 is the only thing I'm really excited to play in the future.
Tried replaying 1 & 2 and can't. I think I have too many hours in those games to find them interesting again. I play for about 1 hour enjoying it and then hit the "oh this again" slog and quit.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Dapper Bandit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Been playing Just Cause 3 because it was CHEAP on the xbox store over xmas and it's quite a lot of fun. The aiming is a bit hit and miss but golly, does it feel good to shoot fascists!
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

After another couple of days on The Division 2, and playing The Division from the top, The Division 2 is fucking amazing in comparison.
With only, like, 20 minutes of gameplay in The Division, I was absolutely livid because of the dumb shit I had to deal with (such as getting instakilled by enemies lower levels than me because they had armor and it took a million mags because my rifle was so inaccurate that it never fucking hit them), but The Division 2 was good enough to just kinda fuck around in. Also, the endgame content really made me appreciate how good the game might be.
That being said, I still won't buy it until it's $10 during the middle of a sale, because I don't want to encourage Ubisoft to half-ass their games by preordering or even buying it at full price. :idk:

Again, one game I'm really excited for is Generation Zero, though. Even with it having been super buggy and pretty empty during the beta, I had so much fun playing it. Not to mention that Avalanche did a beautiful job with visuals. What I really would like to see is a game that's like, if you took the expansiveness and content from TD/TD2 and then had Avalanche make it like they did Generation Zero (being a first person kinda looter shooter game), that would be great. I basically just described Cyberpunk 2077, but whatever.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

I just want Cyberpunk 2077 to come out and to somehow live up to the hype
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm

I want that as well.

KH3 is cool, but it's just too feelgoody for my cynical heart. :lol:

Still just playing a bunch of Overwatch and a bit of Apex and RE2. All good stuff! Looking forward to the RE2 side stories! :love:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 am

Been doing all the RE2 I can, Hunk was really fun.
Extra hyped for the inevitable RE3 remaster that will get announced later this year.

Also Subnautica has no business being as fun as it is, dismissed it for years as another survival game that'll never get finished and boy was I wrong.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:09 pm

MrNovember wrote:I just want Cyberpunk 2077 to come out and to somehow live up to the hype

I definitely want this.

The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games of the last 5-10 years so I'm hoping they replicate that quality of game in a cyberpunk environment.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK'S AWAKENING TRAILER? IMMA FINALLY GET ME SOME NEW WINDFISH SHIT FUCK YEAH
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Inconuucl wrote:DID YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK'S AWAKENING TRAILER? IMMA FINALLY GET ME SOME NEW WINDFISH SHIT FUCK YEAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :love: :love: :love:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 pm

But real talk ya'll Link's Awakening is a very important game for me and I'm super scared for the remake. I mean, I'll preorder it asap but the fear is real.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigguitartone » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Inconuucl wrote:But real talk ya'll Link's Awakening is a very important game for me and I'm super scared for the remake. I mean, I'll preorder it asap but the fear is real.

Nice, I used to play this on gameboy all the time. Looks like a fun remake, just got a Switch so I'll check it out.
bigguitartone

interested
interested

Postby codetocontra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 am

Apex Legends is pretty good though I am quite mediocre at it. Two wins so far, but I totally got carried on one. My choice of reactions in a gun fight are often poor. Have a new Xbox Elite Controller and it is really nice but the extra paddles underneath are taking some getting used to, and I remapped all the button inputs too, so some confusion and clumsy responses. I am pretty decent at Gears and the extra controls cause me to fumble in that too. I should consider not using the paddles actually, I wonder if I would do better in Apex, but I still will make poor decisions when the bullets fly. Like forgetting to use my abilities and how many times I died while having my ultimate charged and ready. My reaction time is apparently shit. Been waning off multiplayer games for a while and these darn kids are just better than me now.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 am

Inconuucl wrote:DID YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK'S AWAKENING TRAILER? IMMA FINALLY GET ME SOME NEW WINDFISH SHIT FUCK YEAH

FUCKING FUCK YASSSSSSSSSSSSS GUESS WHO WILL HAVE TO BUY A SWITCH NOW :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 am

Inconuucl wrote:But real talk ya'll Link's Awakening is a very important game for me and I'm super scared for the remake. I mean, I'll preorder it asap but the fear is real.

If they can capture a bit of Lynchian nightmare in the Southern Shrine and later boss fights, it'll be golden.

But people should remember that LA was a weird cute experimental homework project that was never supposed to be a game. So it got weirder and weirder. Then they released it. As long as it's cute AND weird I don't think I could ask for more, and cute+weird is what Nintendo does better than anyone.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion