The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Benn Roe wrote:Can you fire him earlier, or wait until Monday? "Never fire someone on a Friday" is firing 101. If he takes it hard, support services are less likely to be available on weekends, and he's more likely to be able to get a jump on looking for another job without wallowing if fired early in the week. I don't envy you. I hate firing people.

I ended up having to drop the hammer on him today. He sent a report to our client contact without running it through us (this is not the first time this has happened) that contained so many errors that his boss called to tell us she's considering renegotiating our contract (again, this is not the first time this has happened). My boss and I agreed enough was enough so I reached out to HR, told them what was up, and they said they were starting his exit paperwork and that I had better get him on the phone by EOD today so he doesn't wake up to a surprise string of emails about his unemployment options. It did not go well. Basically said I was going to kill his wife if he lost his insurance, called me a cold bastard, and then just sat at his desk for a solid half hour staring at his keyboard and not moving. Joooyyyyy
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Goddamn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 am

Achtane wrote:Goddamn.

Seconded.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 am

Yeah, that's brutal. Doesn't sound like there were any options, sadly.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:48 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:
Benn Roe wrote:Can you fire him earlier, or wait until Monday? "Never fire someone on a Friday" is firing 101. If he takes it hard, support services are less likely to be available on weekends, and he's more likely to be able to get a jump on looking for another job without wallowing if fired early in the week. I don't envy you. I hate firing people.

I ended up having to drop the hammer on him today. He sent a report to our client contact without running it through us (this is not the first time this has happened) that contained so many errors that his boss called to tell us she's considering renegotiating our contract (again, this is not the first time this has happened). My boss and I agreed enough was enough so I reached out to HR, told them what was up, and they said they were starting his exit paperwork and that I had better get him on the phone by EOD today so he doesn't wake up to a surprise string of emails about his unemployment options. It did not go well. Basically said I was going to kill his wife if he lost his insurance, called me a cold bastard, and then just sat at his desk for a solid half hour staring at his keyboard and not moving. Joooyyyyy

Dude, for real, firing people is the fucking worst. I remember my first time firing someone. It was shit. My company made me go out not only on a Friday, but I had to drive 3 hours on a Friday night and fire a movie theater general manager. On a fucking Friday night! I did not enjoy it. He cursed me out, called me all kinds of name, called me a liar....dude was 65 I think. Similar situation but without the sick wife (at least that I know of).

I'll tell you this about firing, it does get easier, which is sad as fuck. I had to fire a lot of people when I was an auditor and after awhile you feel better about it. Especially if it's well deserved, which in this case, it kind of sounds like it.

Make sure you have a witness when you fire people in protected classes though, like older folks. They are more sue happy. Sad I have to say that, but you gotta protect your own ass.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby friendship » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am

TraceItalian wrote:
friendship wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:The guy who heard me say I may be trans jumped me outside of a bar, with two other people, one of them hit me with a bottle in the face. They broke me glasses. Honestly, that's the part I'm most angry about.

That's fucking horrible. Are you okay?

There's cuts around my eye and a broken orbit, a boxer's break in my right hand, a concussion, and my knee hurts from where someone kicked me, but I gave better than I got (edit: such a weird thing to get dysphoric over but here we are). I feel like shit, and I'm honestly still recovering from the concussion (tripping over words, disorientation, and such), but I got good people around me, and I'll be sad to leave them at the end of the month. This biker club I know even started a pool to help me get my car back because I couldn't afford to get it out of the shop with the hospital bills

Ugh that is so awful. I'm really relieved you have a support system. Hope your recovery has been going well.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Jwar wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

Dude, for real, firing people is the fucking worst. I remember my first time firing someone. It was shit. My company made me go out not only on a Friday, but I had to drive 3 hours on a Friday night and fire a movie theater general manager. On a fucking Friday night! I did not enjoy it. He cursed me out, called me all kinds of name, called me a liar....dude was 65 I think. Similar situation but without the sick wife (at least that I know of).

I'll tell you this about firing, it does get easier, which is sad as fuck. I had to fire a lot of people when I was an auditor and after awhile you feel better about it. Especially if it's well deserved, which in this case, it kind of sounds like it.

Make sure you have a witness when you fire people in protected classes though, like older folks. They are more sue happy. Sad I have to say that, but you gotta protect your own ass.

Yeah, he has a sit down with an HR rep as well as my boss today to go over his exit interview and offboarding, HR also has a form indicating the reasons for his termination as well as the parts of his contract he was in violation of (positive revenue generation for the company, providing quality service to clients, timeliness, etc) and that he knew his termination was 100% due to his performance (aka you can’t sue the company or anyone in it). Basically, if he signs it the company won’t contest his unemployment or COBRA. Their office is in a completely different building a mile away so he won’t have a chance of telling us off. I get to spend the rest of the afternoon going through all his client-access sites and telling them he’s gone, which hopefully won’t take long and I can put this to bed today,
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Well this isn't nearly as big as most everyone else's, but I got ripped off 90 bucks buying an isolated power supply off Reddit gear4sale. About half a dozen other people got ripped off too. Dude sold the same Avalanche Run to 2 separate people, took some money for other stuff, including my 90 bucks, and then deleted his account. Also I'm so used to doing friends and family from ILF that I didn't think twice about it and now I can't file a dispute.

Everyone please forward your dick pics to:
jcorelli234@gmail.com
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:08 pm

neonblack wrote:Well this isn't nearly as big as most everyone else's, but I got ripped off 90 bucks buying an isolated power supply off Reddit gear4sale. About half a dozen other people got ripped off too. Dude sold the same Avalanche Run to 2 separate people, took some money for other stuff, including my 90 bucks, and then deleted his account. Also I'm so used to doing friends and family from ILF that I didn't think twice about it and now I can't file a dispute.

Everyone please forward your dick pics to:
jcorelli234@gmail.com

I had something similar happen to me... Picking up a lap steel for a buddy. Get to the meetup, ask for the guys email addy. I always do F&F for a local pickup since I can actually see the item. spell the email back to him, have him look at it to confirm, send the money... oh hey, wrong email address. couple letters reversed. guy didn't even seem stressed about it, was just like oh hey, haven't had that happen before... thanks jackass.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby neonblack » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:22 am

OH! And I just had to tell a girl that really likes me that I don't think we should date. There are a lot of reasons but what it boils down to is just that she likes me a lot more than I like her. I hate it, because she's really sweet and seems to truly enjoy my company. I just can't or won't make time to hang out with her.

I want to cry though after telling her because I've been there before and I know how much it sucks. I also know she has low self esteem and no matter what I say, she's going to think it's her fault. FUCK. I'm such an asshole.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:13 am

Dude, so much better to do that than to get involved knowing you’re really not into someone, but doing it anyway because it’s easy. Then you end up breaking their heart even worse later. I’ve done that and felt beyond terrible—you did the right thing.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:55 am

Kinda nonsense to get enraged by but our local newspaper recently published a opinion piece that used a full double page to tell everyone why the Gilette advert is bad. It was a rollercoaster ride of red-pill bullshit that featured such hits as "why do feminists hate men that barbecue?", "if men aren't allowed to talk to women they find sexually attactrive then the human race will go extinct", "Gilette is going to go out of business because the only people that support this advert are bearded hipsters or boys that each so much soy they can't grow facial hair", "black men commit quite a lot of crime, if you think about it" and my personal favourite "homosexual men used to be social pariahs a while ago but we've fixed that now. Unfortunately middle class, white heterosexual men have taken their place and are the victims of so much persecution, all the time". Wound me up to the point that I struggled to sleep that night. To make matters worse I see the guy that wrote the article on my walk to work almost every day and it's a struggle to not spit in his smug, supercillious, Trump-praising, hashtag won't somebody think of the men? face.

To add context, I live on a small island near England. Not where one would expect to find this sort of thing but it goes to show that conservative with a small c thinking is all trending in the same direction.

Ugh.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:Kinda nonsense to get enraged by but our local newspaper recently published a opinion piece that used a full double page to tell everyone why the Gilette advert is bad. It was a rollercoaster ride of red-pill bullshit that featured such hits as "why do feminists hate men that barbecue?", "if men aren't allowed to talk to women they find sexually attactrive then the human race will go extinct", "Gilette is going to go out of business because the only people that support this advert are bearded hipsters or boys that each so much soy they can't grow facial hair", "black men commit quite a lot of crime, if you think about it" and my personal favourite "homosexual men used to be social pariahs a while ago but we've fixed that now. Unfortunately middle class, white heterosexual men have taken their place and are the victims of so much persecution, all the time". Wound me up to the point that I struggled to sleep that night. To make matters worse I see the guy that wrote the article on my walk to work almost every day and it's a struggle to not spit in his smug, supercillious, Trump-praising, hashtag won't somebody think of the men? face.

To add context, I live on a small island near England. Not where one would expect to find this sort of thing but it goes to show that conservative with a small c thinking is all trending in the same direction.

Ugh.

Sometimes I let this get under my skin, too. The great irony that I'm sure you're aware of is that only a deeply insecure person reacts this defensively. I do take some joy in that these men are unwittingly broadcasting--literally publishing in this case--their deep unease with their own masculinity. And sometimes I feel compassion that these men are living under such restrictive, rigid definitions of what a man is that they are too terrified to be themselves. Instead, their entire identity is made of a concept that was sold to them and they are too scared to challenge.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:00 pm

I hadn't thought of men struggling under their percieved definition of masculinity. That's quite the eye-opener and maybe being more empathetic to some of these guys could help everyone.

Some of them could just be arseholes, though.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Haha that's also probably true! :)
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion